Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you're welcome everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i used to be lou begas mustache fyi but i guess with the +10 that was realizec

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yes thats always fun, go for it man

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hope we get another really small arc thats fun and silly. possibly involving the curlyhats, but is only about 10 chapters, just to kind of cool off from the last arc. similar to how we had davyback and duval

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like all of the arcs, but the arc i liked the least was skypeia simply because: long, the fights weren't as cool as other arcs, didn't seem to have the most relevance to the plot (still doesn't, but i think it will be more important toward the end of the series), followed by davy back, but i still liked all of the arcs and didnt think any of them were bad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like one piece

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont like ace but i like luffy for liking ace, if that makes sense

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah the number of wounds part was like the baddassest baddass thing ever

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
better than zorak

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think marco is a cool character with a cool visual design with a cool power and it was fun when he did stuff

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
in some regards i really wish stephen didnt translate the official releases because being able to refer to his translations was really handy and since they were in text format you could ctrl + f them and everything

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baal posted:

I really liked Kuro, because his fight was situated in such a way that Cat out of the Bag looks really loving radical when he starts tearing up the shore side with his claws. He also just did not give a drat after a certain point and just wantonly killed his own men, it was pretty stellar.

it was a cool fight because it was sort of like an allusion to how fast people could get, and proved that zipping around like a shithead was possible, but he just wasnt good enough to have complete control over it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that was the first moment where you could tell oda put more thought into his characters and their motivations than like, any other shounen author

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hope kuro comes back but only as a subordinate under buggy and hes very angry about it and is plotting to steal all of buggys money but is a failure at that too

theres my one piece fanfic for the week

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good loving lord that chapter was way better than 800

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
betting that lucci is a subordinate and ends up being like, the dude usopp fights or something lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Professor Wayne posted:

Is that supposed to be Killer next to Law? Is he just hair after the time skip?

hes next to kidd

Kild posted:

The Mane thing in the big pirate panel is probably the 7th. Same mane from

?

exactly my thoughts as well. i actually thought this character was sabo because of the cup thing in that cover arc, but it absolutely has to be someone friendly with both shanks and crocus. so probably and old school dude. also, the shichibukai has to be powerful since he hosed up an admiral (according to film z).

and he has shikis hair.

so its shiki.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
shakky is probably luffys mom if any character we've seen is

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RatHat posted:

Weren't Nami's parents revealed in one of the movies?

movies arent canon

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RatHat posted:

You're gonna have to provide a source for this.

the source is oda was talking about dragon, also, this is what he's said about luffys mom

quote:

I think she's alive. I'm still thinking very hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair..."
The answer gors on, but it's just about Robin's past and how even if someone is not related to you by blood, they can still be your family.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its pointing out that the lady showed up in 440, what that person fails to account for is the actual thing oda said was "parent(s)" because plurals work funny in japanese.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
he looks kinda like bluejam

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
there are three intentionally vague lines about what makes blackbeard special but no one loving knows for sure

(ps he has more than one soul)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Parrotine posted:

I wonder what kind of fruit Kaidou has. It's gotta be a Mythical Zoan fruit of some kind, something that would cause guys like Marco the Phoenix to poo poo a brick

i hope he has 100 different smile fruits

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
shikimaru seems to be the only character with really good fights in naruto because his power forces the author to think about the fight for at least 2 seconds.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TheKingofSprings posted:

I still like that Doflamingo's awakened power could conceivably have been control over the strings that theoretically comprise every object in existence

thats what awakening basically is anyway, controlling the stuff that makes everything up and changing it.

also its probably why the quake fruit is so loving useful. if, in the one piece universe, everything expresses itself as a wavelength or rhythm or whatever, without awakening you could change the vibration of stuff and turn it into other stuff. thats why zoro can cut steel etc.

literally, everything is one piece. the freest man in the world can do anything and everything. the greatest treasure in the world is literally owning it, except roger wouldnt want a greedy person to inherit it :)

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 29, 2015

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tolth posted:

So, how's the awakened Gomu Gomu gonna work when it happens? My bet is Luffy gains the ability to reduce the integrity of other living beings flesh to turn them into I Have No Mouth Yet I Must Scream style piles of rubber goo permanently.

nah it makes it immune to crazy earthquake powers bc rubber vibrates instead of like, breaks or something odaish idk.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy will talk to it and it will tell him something about the history of the world

no question

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="450903889"]
Is Brownbeard somehow related to the new shichibukai, his mom, and Lola? He has similar hair, and I think his jolly roger was very similar, too.

hes lolas brother

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
while i think usopps latest? two fights have been lackluster in their climax, i have a feeling they're there to allude to the fact that he will have emperor haki

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also just a theory for something that will happen relatively offscreen: weeble will meet marco, decide to rebel against blackbeard instead along with the crew, they actually stand behind weeble as their new leader and fight BB for revenge, but they lose and BB's crew gets WB crews old powers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Amorphous Blob posted:

Can Ussop use haki? I kinda hope he can't.

um he did already

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also can we call the new guy whitebread

tia

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think if people want chapter spoilers they'll go to the usual places, usually they're segregated properly so no one accidentally sees them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we have, idk, i just think its nicer if we err away from it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i liked this chapter, it was cute and set things up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wonder if that steel has anything to do with binks sake...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blackbeard is a scheming kind of guy, i could totally see luffy finding out some sort of crazy truth, then the war has to come before raftel, then blackbeards like, heh, beat you here and they get one final showdown alone on an island.

or

blackbeard also learns the truth and they have to race to some post-war objective or something.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also blackbeard has a bunch of evil mirrors of the strawhats and lets be real the climax of the story will be a bunch of people fighting each other because its shounen and the guy with evil versions of each crew member is basically the best possible climactic villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Veskit posted:

Problem is Aokiji needs to beat Akainu so I don't see Aka being the final boss, or hell a real boss for Luffy at all.

akainu killed ace, there is literally no chance he is beaten by anyone that isnt luffy, sabo, or... i dunno maybe jinbe or marco or something. too much emotional weight.