Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DizzyBum posted:

If this was actually a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if this was how Vegapunk managed to make so many breakthroughs on Devil Fruit research. What better way to study a fruit's powers than being able to isolate and capture the very essence of one?

I wonder if Kuma's involvement with Vegapunk led to Devil Fruit innovation (ie being able to control the essence of Devil Fruits by "pushing" them into desired regular fruits to later eat or objects like guns or swords to give them powers) to begin with. So, instead of letting Devil Fruits naturally flow from a dead user to nearby fruit, the DF essence is forcefully manipulated.

Blackbeard probably inverts this through his own method of "pulling" the Devil Fruit powers from others into himself through the Yami Yami no Mi's special powers. All speculation, though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Spoilers for 802 starting to come out:

Whitebeard had a son, and this guy is supposed to be the seventh Shichibukai.

Uh... :wtc: This has strong Fakehats/Brownbeard vibes IMO. Otherwise, this is totally out of left-field.

Welcome to Zou. :getin:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 1, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Star Platinum posted:

Neither does Crocodile. Kind of funny how "Sir" is apparently his first name because none of the other Warlords are ever addressed with a title. Wouldn't be surprised if that somehow tied into his origin story, like if he was a knight or a nobleman before becoming a pirate.

Or Crocodile is insecure about being changed from a woman by Ivankov and has a psychological need to be called Sir.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Skypeia-style adventures, anyone? Gotta keep up the parallels, of course.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Hokey stokes if these spoilers are real (I'd recommend against reading these if you hate being spoiled):

Cover: Franky Racing a Shark (lol)
Kanjurou** draws a dragon to get on to Zou.
Monkey D. Dragon makes his appearance.
So does the crew of Blackbeard. (Laffite, Shiryuu etc)
And lastly Buggy Pirates
No chapter next week.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
There's been some fake spoilers floating around, but these seem real.

Plus, we've had a tradition of reading and discussing spoilers in this very thread, so it's not like it's unprecedented.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Space-Bird posted:

I've always liked robin but this is the best.

Why is the chapter out so early?

Holiday in Japan means early Shonen Jump.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Nami is naked

I was about to say...

What new perverted hijinks will Oda put Nami through this time? :cripes: I'll take "tribal loincloth in a bamboo cage" for 200.

The ancient ruins of Petra, Jordan aesthetic is nice, though! I'm guessing this is the New World Skypeia, then?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 22, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Parrotine posted:

Holy poo poo, can you even imagine how hosed over everyone would be if Kaidou achieved immortality

Talk about insult to injury, good god

The only two ways to defeat Kaidou would be:

1.) Lock Kaidou into permanent stasis a la Elder Toguro in the Sinning Tree

or

2.) The power of friendship causing him to change his mind and retire

[e]: Holy poo poo don't click for MASSIVE NEXT CHAPTER SPOILERS!:

:swoon::swoon::swoon:BEPO!!!:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Also, Bepo confirmed as a minkman.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 29, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Dog-girl seems to think the b-crew are dead and is wearing Nami clothes. Are we about to come across a pile of dead, naked Fakehats?

No way. This is definitely a fake out.

...that, or there's a relatively quick way to undo death. :ohdear: Either way, there's no way the b-crew would be permanently dead.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This is amazing.

Also, I think I've figured out who Jack is, guys:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Luffy's going to get pretty chewed up in this arc.

I'm afraid he already has. :haw:

Also, I sincerely doubt Sanji's dead. I don't know why Oda's going for the double fake-out here.

I'm betting Sanji got captured and is en route to being turned in for the bounty alive. I wonder if this will be the first time we get to see a bounty actually claimed on-screen and what the aftermath will be.

And I'm also betting the doujin artists are feverishly drawing up dog-Nami-lady as we speak. :hawaaaafap:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 6, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
No chapter this week. :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Yet another Oda/celebrity shoutout?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think Wano is definitely the next country. Zou seems to be close in proximity based on the apparent dislike of Minkmen towards samurai, plus Kaidou being properly introduced and Dofy apparently being rescued by Jack.

I also think Zoro will get an upgrade, possibly through a new technique from Kinemon or a master swordsman in Wano to defeat Kaidou's forces and free Wano, and an Ace flashback from his time on Wano.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Robin makes the best reaction faces. :allears:

So... I'm guessing Kaidou's crew is viking themed then, both in appearance and nature?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eiba posted:

It was to all the skeptical townsfolk in Ussop's home village. It was just his friends who knew before, and the rest of the townsfolk probably treated them like they treated Ussop. Until now. That's why they're all happy and crying and stuff- Ussop's neighbors never believed in him or his boasts, but now there's proof that he's a real Brave Warrior of the seas.

An absurdly impressive one by East Blue standards.

Yeah, he hosed up the poo poo of one of the strongest Shichibukai in the New World.

That's no small feat. I wonder if Ussop even realizes the gravity of what that means to Average Joe East Blue-man after being around Luffy for so long.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gumbercules posted:

This also leads to the promise of an Ancient Zoan Battle once Drake shows up, T-Rex vs. Mammoth. Basically the best possible outcome.

Unfortunately, Jack and Drake are fighting on the same side.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

QuantaStarFire posted:

I would think that issuing bounties becomes kind of pointless when the target is part of an Emperor's crew. Like, who can touch them at that point that isn't a Marine Admiral or another Emperor? Sure, Ace got taken down by Blackbeard, but Ace was acting alone and had no idea what he was getting himself into when he went on his little manhunt.

Actually, now that I think about it, bounties have been entirely pointless because there hasn't really been a bounty hunter that's been a credible threat, they're all nameless nobodies who get destroyed by whoever they're targeting. Like, Johnny and Yosaku are the only ones in the entire series who even have names, and I don't think they'd even be capable of taking down Usopp at his weakest, nevermind someone like Luffy.

Well, there was Jean Ango (cactus hat guy) at least.

I agree, though. I wish there were more credible high-level bounty hunters. I wonder if they mainly hang out in the New World due to the high risk:reward ratio and we just haven't seen much of it?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

One Piece Film GOLD premieres July 23rd, 2016 and is supposed to delve into Gol D. Roger's backstory.

Get hyped.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheKingofSprings posted:

It shouldn't much matter where Roger came from (unless he's a Celestial Dragon or some poo poo), what was important were the things he did as a pirate, and there will probably be a few more big surprises pertaining to that remaining in the manga.

Also whether he was a DF-user or not and how swole he was relative to Whitebeard, Kaidou, etc

Plus visiting Raftel, the nature of D., the weird giant egg thing on his boat, etc

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 3, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Baller as poo poo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kild posted:

So Jack will be revealed next chapter I assume

Buuuuuuut One Piece on break next week. :smithicide:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sub Harrison posted:

Captain Morgan becomes Jack Daniels.

Holy gently caress, I didn't get that connection. :aaaaa:

It would explain why Oda's been so secretive about showing his face. I guess we'll find out in two weeks! :v:

Morgan from 5 years prior to pre-time skip.

Kind of a stretch, but:

Early Morgan sketch.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 4, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Yeah, I'm not too impressed by the 1 billion berry bounty. This is a guy who won't even talk to the inhabitants of an island about the samurai he's looking for, he would rather raze the entire island on the off chance they're lying to him. He's called Jack the Drought because he leaves a wave of destruction in his path, and he's basically protected by being the right-hand of an Emperor. He's valuble in the sense that he needs to be stopped, hence the giant bounty. He's already looking weak getting his attack stopped by DayDog, and NightCat tossed him aside? It definitely seems like they forced him off the island, seeing as they're all still alive.

Edit: Oda was secretive about showing his face because he's a mammoth. What are we basing this Morgan stuff on, the fact that his eye is sort of similar, except Jack has veins bulging and Morgan doesn't, so they don't really even look that similar. This really feels like reaching. I mean, how many people thought Duval was going to be Don Krieg?

Knowing Oda, he'd only hide a face if there's good reason we'd flip out on seeing the full face/body.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

People have been making comparisons to Morgan ever since Jack first showed up trying to free Doflamingo cause they appear to those metal grate things covering their mouths.

The power levels appear way too different though.

Maybe he just got swole/ate an Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit and defected from the Marines after being arrested?

It's not like it's unprecedented (eg X-Drake). It seems odd too that the last pic of Jack only shows his left arm and not his right.

Just because someone gets the drop on you doesn't automatically make you a weakling. Luffy was able to pull off a sick nasty Red Hawk on Dofy with Law's help.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 4, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Precedent as in a Marine seemingly joining sides with Kaidou, not necessarily with full allegiance. In Morgan's case, it'd be different since he was pretty much on his way to Impel Down already so he had nothing to lose. Diez Barrels was a full pirate ex-Marine too.

Is it really that hard to understand? :shrug: Either way, we'll most likely get a full body reveal in two weeks and I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong. I don't care, it's just idle fan speculation.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Now that I think about, if Drake were ever exposed as a double agent he'd mostly likely be executed by Kaidou immediately. I don't think Kaidou is someone who screws around with stuff like that, so Drake is taking a huge risk IMO.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Reminder: no new chapter this week due to break. :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Guy A. Person posted:

Why do you keep doing this to us Dunkle Sans

Because I live to spread suffering and pain. :unsmigghh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
That jean skirt on Vivi... *swallows back vomit*

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Is this fanart by John K.?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:

Aaaaaand it's not Capt. Morgan. Whoops! :v: At least he's super swole, though. Dunno why it had to be such a dramatic reveal, though.

This is a dude who can apparently fend off an Admiral, the ex-Fleet Admiral, a Vice Admiral, and a convoy of Marines to get Dofy back so he must be super swole. If Kaidou is >Admiral++ level, then Jack must be around Admiral-level strength I'm betting.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 17, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I dunno, maybe it'd help people not to click through spoilers if they had a little clue as to what it might contain? Especially since it was the cliffhanger from last time? :shrug:

Here's another spoiler:

:siren: :siren: WARNING SPOILER DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED BY SPOILERS!! :siren: :siren:

drat, judo-cat guy got hosed up.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 17, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Here's the new chapter.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/574812

Jack's crew and the minkmen fought to a stalemate for 5 days; the minkmen fought in rotation, letting them heal up, while Jack kept on calling in reinforcements before eventually using poison gas to take them all down.

He then had all the minkmen tortured.

The only reason he left was because of the news that the Straw Hats had defeated Jack, meaning that the Straw Hats were doubly responsible for saving the minkmen.

EDIT: Also, dude's definitely not Morgan, seeing as how he has 2 hands. He uses some loving weird weapons too.

But this is in Korean? :confused:

Here's the English-language Mangastream version anyways:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/810/3123/1

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 17, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gyges posted:

Baratie is always good in the cover arcs.

Is the other guy not Patty... Can't remember his name... Whoever, upset because they have to redo Sanji's face on the restaurant because the Wanted poster was revised? If so, then :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

red plastic cup posted:

hmm.

maybe the marines have the right idea.

Akainu Did Nothing Wrong.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

A lot of people thought Whitebeard was a literal demon. There was even a scene during the Marineford arc with kids singing nursery rhymes about Whitebeard the demon and a woman praying that Whitebeard hopefully wouldn't bring the world to ruin.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yeah Shanks intentionally sacrificed his arm to make an impact on Luffy and to decisively steer him in the direction of becoming a great pirate in the future.

Shanks probably has the Xanatos Gambit down pat as a former apprentice of Roger's. Dollars to donuts Roger himself carefully schemed so everything would work according to plan after making a decisive impact on the world with his execution One Piece speech.

In other words, Shanks:Luffy::Roger:the world at large in terms of sacrifice (arm vs life) and impact. A big theme of early One Piece was about being willing to put your life on the line for your goals.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's going to be lame if Film Gold is just about a villain with the Gold-Gold logia fruit. The pic of Luffy makes it look like a Kintaro myth spoof.

I really, really want it to be about Gol D. Roger, though! :pray: