Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
While I freaking LOVE the larger arcs. These in between chapters might be the best thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I really hope this new reveal helps to make Sanji relevant again. He's been struggling since the timeskip. I want the Alubarna/Enies Lobby Sanji back. The awesome dude who's constantly loving the big bad's over behind the scenes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The unlimited games are pretty fun. Unlimited world red is the latest game. They are pretty chill combat/exploration based games. A bit grindy at times but they are pretty solid action adventure games. There is also the unlimited cruise series on the WII.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Neat to see that ending these of Thriller Bark show up
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/490/4

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Have you SEEN that thing!?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The term "Fish" can be used in a much broader sense that Mink... Just saying man.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That was kind of the problem with most enemies from Fishman island.

I know he got drunk and started cutting enemies and allies alike but that's about it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The neat thing about One Piece is that it never feels like things are absolutely hopeless without Luffy. Yeah he's always the big drat hero at the end of the arc. But even when he is not around we have characters like Zoro who can pick up the slack.
I'm pretty confident that if Zoro was not busy keeping Pica and the Birdcage at bay, he could have went 1 on 1 with Doflamingo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

There is also the thing that Zoro is loyal to Luffy. If the captain says he is going to fight someone. He'll back down and support him any way he can.

But not only Zoro. Each crew member is capable of stepping up when needed. Sanji saved everyone from Crocodile's prison. Usopp gave Luffy the encouragement he needed to beat Lucci. And of course Zoro standing up to Kuma and taking care of Hody when Luffy wasn't around.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

LostRook posted:

Without Nami you'd just do circles in the ocean till everyone died.

This. I loved how last chapter Luffy was yelling for Nami to save their asses.
She might not be a fighter. But she has other uses.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Law had a fight scene where he used his own cut off arm to spring into action and cut up one of Doflamingo's top men.
Dude is pretty drat legit.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It does cause some weird things like in the mobile game Treasure Cruise.

On Zoro's cards and stats he is listed as Zoro. But during cutscenes they call him Zolo

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

tbp posted:

it is actually retarded because you'd have to assume that literally nobody has noticed this before.

It's because no one ever dies in One Piece. So of course people wouldn't notice.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Probably a range issue. The news mostly travels by seagull in the world of One Piece

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Maybe it'll grow on me, but as of now this is the first new island that doesn't immediately captures my attention. Kinda meh on the Minkmen so far (though to be fair, we have not seen a whole lot of them yet) and maybe the elephant thing will play into it more. But as of yet it feels kinda meh. Same with this chapter really. (dragon part not withstanding, of course)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

If minkmen can be pretty much any type of animal I'm more on board with their designs.
And yeah, Robin felt kinda lacking last arc but she's been pretty funny so far.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Ghost-Slug posted:

After re-reading Fishman Island recently, my wacky theory is Sanji and Big Mam/Big Mam's crew clashed while the Thousand Sunny traveled to Zou and that Big Mam's influence is why Sanji's bounty is Alive Only. Since Big Mam is all about sweets, Sanji could have gained the crew's safety with his cooking and now Big Mam wants him as one of her chefs, or something like that. I don't think current happenings in Zou are related to that though.

We've seen Sanji on Zou though, so that would be kinda weird. Letting him go only to kidnap him again later on Zou?
I do feel like Big Mam is involved in this somehow.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It wasn't in the magazine so I doubt that's the case.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Please One Piece don't start going Toriko on me. It kinda feels like Oda is not sure how to proceed at the moment so he's kinda stalling.

I do like how the minks act though. This is pretty much how I expect most pets would behave if we could talk to them.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It's always great to see each Strawhat being able to take charge. Nami taking none of Wanda's poo poo, Chopper immediately knowing what needs to be done and setting it into motion. It's little moments like this that make One Piece so great. A lot of other shounen series just have the secondary characters stand around dazed and confused until the hero or someone in a leadership position shows up.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

And Zef from the Baratie

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Luffy punched Vivi straight in the face though.
And miss Valentine now that I think of it.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 29, 2015

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

That was at least ten years ago, almost 15

Still counts.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Urouge has a fruit that allows him to convert the damage done to him into strength/mass.

Glad to see Capone get some more time in the spotlight. From all of the supernova's he felt the least developed, so it's nice to get some more of him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

They look about as ridiculous as the men so sure.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Sanji is finally cool again. And I loving love that the running gag of Sanji never getting a real bounty poster actually payed off.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Cat viper is amazing!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Now we just wait for Arlong and Lucci to turn into clowns.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Haha I just realized that both Robin and Nami are dressed as Leia

To be fair, which other classic Star Wars female would they be?

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 3, 2016

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I think it's because Luffy respects Shanks that he'll go all out against him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Nighthand posted:

...Luffy should pilot Zou itself to the party.

Luffy crashing a wedding on top of a giant elephant, Cat Viper gets to come along as well...

Yes. Yes I accept this.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Came in not really caring a lot about the Minks.
I currently consider them my favorite side characters.
Freaking love their animal tendencies, their leaders are awesome, and they are the ultimate bros it seems.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Been a while since we've last seen Nami's Berri eyes.
Also does this mean we get more Cat Viper? They could dick around on Zou for another 5 years for all I care, that dude is amazing!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Just when Jack is about to strike, Jinbe will burst through his ship, causing him and his goons to sink to the bottom of the ocean.

I dunno, despite his bounty, I cannot take Jack seriously. He fought to a standstill with the Minks and only won thanks to the gas. And now he has to deal with the strawhats on top of things.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I can't tell which story I want to see first. Which is proof of really good story telling I guess.
But since we'll probably follow Luffy I'm glad we get to see the other characters do something again.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

But it's okay! He's a good guy now.

Has it ever been stated that Skypia gets the newspaper like other places though?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It has reached the point where people will watch it regardless. They don't need to put in any effort. People will watch and it'll make money. So the cheaper to produce the better. I miss the catchy ending themes and anime only material.
It's a drat shame. Even the earlier filler arcs where pretty drat enjoyable at times. G8 for example was loving golden from beginning to end.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Holy poo poo the artwork in this chapter.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It's a fantastic little arc that also sets up a HUGE amount of stuff going onwards. This feels like loguetown 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Fun chapter with quite the bombshell at the end. Also it's always great to see those old characters again. Poor Cobra though.