Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey so I've been watching the anime and I'm pretty much all caught up so I think I'm gonna start over with the manga. I just had a couple questions that I hope you guys can clear up. Apologies if these were answered during the marineford or dressrosa arcs, I heard those were real slogs in the show so I skipped them and I'm just gonna read them.

1. Why is Chopper so small? Every other zoan type seems to get bigger when they transform.
2. Why can Luffy use Red Hawk? Protaganist spirit power?
3. Why didn't Law expose Vergo asasp? It seems like it would have saved him a lot of trouble.
3. Smoker rules, why does he always get his rear end kicked?
4. It seems like Law went through somewhat of a personality shift during the timeskip, is that just my imagination?
5. Can Zoan users talk to animals of that fruits model?
6. Do all pirates go to Impel Down when they're arrested?
7. Do you think Robin killed that fat sky man?
8. Why is Jango allowed to be a marine if he was a pirate? I thought even being associated with Luffy was enough to disqualify Coby.

Also here are the best characters, scientifically proven

Franky
Garp
Buggy
Smoker
Jinbe
Hachi
Mr 2
Crocodile
Perona
Kizaru
Zeo
Pekoms
Bartolomeo
Kung fu dog
Master Cat Viper
Kaku
The green monkey brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Oh boy you're going to get to see how much tighter of a story this is now that you're going to read the manga. (It's still a sprawling behemoth, but the anime is something else entirely.)

Yeah I'm excited!

quote:

I see a criminal lack of Brook on your list there. :colbert:

I love Brook but I left the Straw Hats off the list. Franky is one of my favorite characters across all media so I couldn't deny him.

Also way to put 3 on the list twice, me.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 21, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Parrotine posted:

Baratie Arc was good because it established what the standard of what 'good' Shounen is.

Can you expand on this? OP is my first real venture into anime/manga since I watched DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho as a kid so I'm not real familiar with the various aspects of the genre.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If a water logia turned entirely into water, do you think they would lose their strength and be stuck as a puddle forever?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Begemot posted:

Only if it was sea water, specifically.

RIP Umi Umi Man

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I really like how frequently Luffy's enemies attitude towards him goes from indifferent mockery to seething hatred over the course of an arc

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey quick geography question, reverse mountain is the entrance to the grand line, is mariejois on the opposite side of the world?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Regy Rusty posted:

Yup. We don't know a whole lot about the geography of the other side of the mountain at the end of the grand line, but there must be a reason no one has been able to check things out from the other direction.

Yeah that was what I was curious about. So the Straw Hats started on the side of the world that contains the "New World" half of the Grand Line right? Very mysterious!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is there a recommended source for the back issues? Am I gonna miss anything by just getting the retail collections from Barnes & Noble or whatever?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Excited for the return of gomu gomu no baku baku

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Well buggys body is literally splitting right? I'd imagine it's not a matter of hitting the "solid form" of a logia type, as buggy isn't actually transforming into anything.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Begemot posted:

Bart is the best thing to come out of Dressrosa, by a good margin.

Please don't be rude to my friend Fujitora

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Zoro is the coolest and frequently the funniest

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nessus posted:

I assume Nami was able to scrape together something edible before they got Sanji.

She cooked that big poison fish. Unless that was just in the show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Havoc904 posted:

I'd be happy with the new wedding cake being so good that Big Mom is content to let them leave. Then she gets to have delicious food sent from Sanji periodically and considers the Strawhats her friends, pretty much everything she as wanted since being a kid.

Being king of the pirates seemed more like Strussel's doing then Big Mom's dream. She just wants sweets and friends.

This except just as everyone is making peace Luffy flies in from off panel and punches Big Mom because he missed the conversation.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Manatee Cannon posted:

the guy made himself a fully functioning candy arm but walking on top of it is where you draw the line?

It's probably more that DF powers aren't supposed to work so great underwater

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh that makes sense. Carry on candy slug.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sub Harrison posted:

or if Robin could sprout hands on the ocean surface as a foothold,

Well...

https://imgur.com/a/hUigk

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey couple of questions, was there a reason given why Zoro can do Asura? Is he just bad as gently caress? And what's up with all the reused Baroque Works powers in Doflamingos crew?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like that we have this whole conversation about DF powers working in water and then here comes a tidal wave homie the next week

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Viridiant posted:

A few people in One Piece have horns, it makes me wonder if Kaido, Hannyabal and Magellan are all the same race. Of course Kaido could also be a smaller giant, since Oars had horns. Or he could just be human.

Really hard to tell sometimes in One Piece.

I guess Ceasar has ram horns...I'm definitely overthinking this.

Ah, here we go.

Definitely overthinking.

Aren't Magellan's fake?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oddium posted:

if they are he's dedicated to them

Haha oh well he takes them off and fights with them like boxing gloves in the video game

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 29, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vindication

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kild posted:

Don't think we've seen him outside him leaving the Sunny after fully converting but if you can feed a gun a dog fruit or a sword an elephant fruit whats the problem with feeding a cyborg a paw fruit?

Wasn't he full robot at marineford? He Ursus Shocked Oars Jr there.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Countblanc posted:

What did the paw paw fruit actually do anyway? Just whatever you want as long as it can be paw shaped?

I think it lets him "push" things. It seems like one of those classic comic book ill-defined powers that lets you do whatever you need.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just put it together that Doflamingo's awakening is him literally pulling the strings of the city.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Isn't Cobra sick? I feel like that might stop her from rejoining.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Obviously Robin's an archaeologist and that's her main thing but I see her, despite no evidence that she's recording any of this, as the ship historian. Like, say, if someone's telling the story of the ship 30 years down the line it's her.

She will write it and Brook will perform it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rank the straw hats by fashion sense. There are correct answers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

But where does the drunk octopus fit in

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Haha Tashigi's taunt in PW3 is her taking off her glasses. If you do, the screen gets fuzzy. Pretty good.

Also she's like the best character in the game?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Meme Emulator posted:

I love all these little nods in PW3, and I wish they went in on it even more. Like even if it fucks with the game and makes it difficult to play like Sanji's "Cannot attack women" restriction. In fact, especially if it does, since that helps differentiate the characters more.

Like Zoro shouldn't have had a minimap (or at least its forced to be zoomed in all the time)

Fujitora being immune to Hancock is pretty fun. And one of Brook's attacks is him doing a sword thrust while going 45 degrees! This is a fun game. I always liked the idea of the DW style games but they never really clicked for me. Turns out all they needed was a million cool characters I already like.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AkumaHokoru posted:

Marco is loving underrated his attacks make him invulnerable natural regen gets meter really fast the downside is his loving COINNNNNNNNS

I literally forgot i had other games when i got PW3 for about 2 months

I can't figure out the point of his special ability and it makes me mad

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Quick PW3 update, quick charge+the special ability power up skill on Fujitora basically sets the game to baby mode, giving you a free, stronger than a kizuna rush attack that can one shot basically anything.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'm still over here in a corner trying to figure out Blackbeard's angle for attacking the Revolutionaries. Like I can maybe see how that could tie in to an appeal for favor with the WG but they've already been burned by him. I guess maybe for Dragon's fruit? I mean I know we're gonna find out eventually but this really trips me up because I think the WG will be the final boss but I think there are still ways to jam Blackbeard into that arc.

Seemed like opportunity/revenge for Burgess. As much as BB talks about fate he probably couldn't pass up a chance to attack a seemingly quickly growing world power when their hidden base was dropped into his lap.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Incredible reveal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I keep going back to that reveal panel. It's so goddamn funny.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Reiju stands tall above Smoothie, the battle seemingly won. Then, from the shadows, comes a certain old foe from the Baratie days...

Sanji and Reiju vs Team Gin and Juice

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chopper and Pikachu are the same actress!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Larryb posted:

Yep, Luffy and Krillin share a voice actress as well.

When I was looking at the dub voice actors I wasn't surprised to find out that the guy who does Zoro did Piccolo, but I was shocked that he also does Vegeta and Kuwabara. I never would have believed it as a kid.