Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Man if the whole Sanji wanted poster not showing his face in the past is now being used again but this time for very important plot reasons(maybe he's related to someone in the World Goverment or Marines that recongized him) I will be so happy.

Amazing chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I just want Jinbei to be at the wedding saying to his crew "after this wedding Big Mom will be in a good mood so I can ask if we can leave her crew and I can go join my good friend Luffy so hopefully nothing happens that puts her in a bad mood"

Cue Luffy entering in a way that destroys all the wedding sweets or something.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I don't know what One Piece will be but I know it's name will involve a japanese pun in some way.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
All I know from Reverie is that Wapol will be there since he is now the king of his own dark kingdom and that he will team up with the SH in some way since Oda likes doing that when previous villains return.

So that should be fun.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Star Platinum posted:

After he made a zillion beli with his toys the World Nobles gave him a title and he established the :black101: Evil Black Drum Kingdom :black101:

Yep

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Vivi and Carue have always been considered crew members by Oda, back when the chapter cover pages that happen between cover stories only had the SH with random animals Vivi and Carue always had one cover each even after leaving the crew.

There's no need to say Vivi will join the crew she is already there.....in our hearts

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Both Robin and Brook know more about the plot than us.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The first scene I saw of One Piece that got me really interested was the dub in my country that showed the Arlong Park walk and I kept watching every single day until they just stopped in a random episode of the Alabasta arc(and unlike Naruto they never did come back and aired more episodes and it'ss odd because by that point they were actually subbed episodes) and I began to read the manga, and caught up right in the Duval face reveal chapter.

I feel old now.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The way they talked about in this chapter on how Pudding will use the fact that Sanji will be shocked by her third eye and use that split second to shoot him makes me think that this is foreshadowing for the opposite to happen now and as soon as she reveals the eye for the kiss Sanji will not be shocked and actually kiss her and everyone at Big Mom's side, including Pudding herself, will be shocked for enough time for the Straw Hats to pull something during the wedding.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I was thinking on how touching a photo would hurt Big Mom and I came with a theory:

What if the photo thing is that Big Mom is actually a photo who ate the Soul Soul fruit but she put most of her soul in just the body of a real powerful person but her real body is the photo and that is why when someone does something to it it hurts her??

That would be such a Oda thing that I can see it being true.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Oh, I just checked the English translation and yeah, wow.

Yeah, that's a major thing to leave out.

In page 8, she's actually saying, "At a previous tea party, there was a waiter who accidentally dropped the picture of Mother Caramel."

Hence, why they came to the conclusion that harming the photo = weakening Big Mom.

Wow MS hosed up again, huh.

Yeah ok I totally believe my "Big Mom=Photo who ate the Soul Soul fruit" thing now.

Like if you are the size of a photo and you drop from the height of a chair you could in theory scrape your knees I guess?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The fact that sometimes when pirates like Luffy help people and nations never gets brought up in any newspaper makes sense if you think that the company is in the World Goverment payroll so yeah no suprise the boss of that might be evil.

In conclusion I can't wait for Luffy to crush that guy and Moria will become the big and fair news guy and the News King.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Manatee Cannon posted:

someone called the sanji being into the 3rd eye and pudding being happy didn't they?

IceBorg posted:

The way they talked about in this chapter on how Pudding will use the fact that Sanji will be shocked by her third eye and use that split second to shoot him makes me think that this is foreshadowing for the opposite to happen now and as soon as she reveals the eye for the kiss Sanji will not be shocked and actually kiss her and everyone at Big Mom's side, including Pudding herself, will be shocked for enough time for the Straw Hats to pull something during the wedding.

I guess I sorta got it right in way so yay for that.

All I need now is to be confirmed that the photo is Big Mom's true body, a photo who ate a devil fruit and used it powers to transport it's soul to Big Mom current body, and I will be even more happy that I got two things right on One Piece.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

tbp posted:

theyve been coy a bunch on what actually happened btwn zoro and mihawk that it's still bugging me. i wanna learn soon, and i know wano will be zoro heavy, but i can't see it being told there

If I remember right, right before fishman island Zoro tells Luffy what happened with him but it's all off-screen, we just see the start of the conversation.

But yeah they pull that alot with the SHs after the timeskip, like Robin knows like all the Kuma and Dragon related plot points but she will never say anything until it becomes a important. Brook also knows something about Sanji's family and stuff from his time, and I wouldn't be suprised that he knows stuff about Roger that no one else knows but he just doesn't talk about it.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The way Robin reacted to that conversation when Franky told the SHs about that made me think she knows all about that.

Well it's not really a suprise since she knows like half the twists of One Piece by now.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Cat Machine posted:

I think pretty much every giant who's been in the story so far was acknowledged here?? nice work gOda

Well there was that giant we saw as a slave in the Sabaody arc unless he was Loki all along.....

Oda does it again.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Wait if Bege created a castle and a castle is sort of a house.....and that mean it must have a mirror inside because houses have mirrors.

A mirror that evertyone can use to escape...everyone besides Bege because he must keep this form activated for everyone to be able to escape.

Oh no :magical:

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I'm almost sure it's rarer that the main character actually gets first place in manga polls.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I actually had a theory for a while that the Katakuri we see is a fake body made by the real one and that is why it works in a logia way because it's a body made of candy and that's it.

Bonus points if the real one's character design is really diferent in a really ugly non-badass, kinda like a reverse of that other Big Mom captain whose real body was a "badass design".

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
We all know the greatest shounen of all time is Medaka Box.

It's FRESH!

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Guys, it's obvious that when Carrot joins the SH crew they will have a away to induce a full-moon transformation at will for her. I bet Franky can built something like that, or Chopper can make a drug that does that.

Hell I wouldn't even be suprised that the Minks know someome that does that and they will use it in the battle at Wano.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I always thought One Piece would be great with a Tales-like jrpg.

Ok look I just want like 300 skits with the SH crew alright! Just call it Tales of One Piece and you're done.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Blaise330 posted:

Looks like we dont need to worry about an Enel rematch with luffy and brooke around

You just know this is foreshadowing to when there is going to be a scene when Enel returns where he comes up with a really complicated plan just to trap Luffy somewhere and when he gloats about how no one can stop his powers now Brook is gonna be there and Enel will make the enel-face again.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

I know we had other covers where non-SH were in it like they were crewmembers (Law being the most recent one I think) but the fact that Carrot is in there twice makes me hopeful she's gonna join.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

TheLoneStar posted:

Speaking of which, what about Chopper? The last 1v1 fight I can recall him being a part of was against Kumadori all the way back in Enies Lobby.

He had one against the hammerhead fishman in fishman island arc, kinda weird to forget about that since it had that awesome chapter with all the double spreads of all the male SHs (lol) beating all the fishman dudes in quick sucession.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Well I do.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I was totally sure there was gonna be a cover story where the Yeti brothers saved Monet and Vergo and they all ended up on wacky adventures to save Doffy and crew.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
People are having theories that "Rocks" was the name of the Giant crew most of the Giant characters we have seen were part of, it would make sense if Kaidou and Big Mom were part of it since they are big dudes.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

JahRoo posted:

Jean Bart was just a standard one piece huge dude. They also saved a literal giant from being sold, who presumably just hosed off to do whatever after being freed.

Nah he joined Hajrudin's pirate crew, you seen in the cover story as the crew's shipwright.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
So I'm just go put out there that people have the theory that the other guy Oden mentions in the flashback at the start that is gonna be Shogun is Zoro's teacher because he is really similar to a guy in Roger's crew(the one with sunglasses that appears in chapter 0 can't post a pic now) who might be Oden so they might be brothers.

I can see that since that guy didn't became Shogun of course and no one has mentioned Oden having other alive family and my best guess is that leaving the country is being dead to the Wano people.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
A part of my name is literaly "De" so that sorta counts.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Question
How many people knew where the Sunny was hidden? Does it narrow down the traitor suspect list at all?

The question is who knew that they traveled in time.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would the Marineford equivalent be?

Ace is being expelled and so the biggest deliquent gang in the country goes to save him and fights all the teachers and the 7 members of the student council.

It ends with Ace pushing Luffy out of the way while Akainu points at him saying YOU ARE EXPELLED so he gets the punishment.

Whitebeard is shot to death like the original one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Zoro is the only one that post time-skip hasn't even went full power in any of his fights.