Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

True, although she surely has to run out of energy and collapse reasonably soon if she's getting skinnier that quickly, for a given value of 'soon'.

At this stage I'm mostly imagining Franky's face when he sees the Sunny. Ship of dreams my rear end, I'm not seeing the advantages of Adam wood if a suitably strong person can simply lift pieces of it up and look underneath like it's a carpet.

Big Mom is probably the physically strongest person in the world. If Adam wood was invincible, then Franky wouldn't have been able to get it in timber form in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

When Big Mom is inevitably knocked out wouldn't all the Homies just turn back into whatever they were before she put bits of her soul into them?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Silver2195 posted:

Big Mom is probably the physically strongest person in the world. If Adam wood was invincible, then Franky wouldn't have been able to get it in timber form in the first place.

I don't know, I reckon Kaidou is stronger but regardless she's definitely one of the strongest and top 3 even if she's not the tippy top.

Radish posted:

When Big Mom is inevitably knocked out wouldn't all the Homies just turn back into whatever they were before she put bits of her soul into them?

I can see Oda going with the idea that some of the Homies have been around so long that they developed an individuality that means they can exist separately from Big Mom. Or that deciding to turn on her regardless of their origin means they're no longer bound to her.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Radish posted:

I think it'll be like Moria where the souls stay wherever she put them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

A Bug posted:

I think it'll be like Moria where the souls stay wherever she put them.

Yeah a thing to note is that the shadows were not released because Moira was defeated (He was briefly knocked out during the Oars fight anyway and the shadows did not release) the reason there were released was because Moria absorbed them all and lost control of them.

Big Mom's soul powers likely work the same.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

tsob posted:

I don't know, I reckon Kaidou is stronger but regardless she's definitely one of the strongest and top 3 even if she's not the tippy top.

I should have said the physically strongest human.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You know, Big Mom's regression is reminding me of Majin Buu in a way, though instead of going from Fat Buu to Super Buu she's going straight to Kid Buu.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
But can Nami feed Zeus the snow-fruit from Mona that's been growing in her orange tree :thunk:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
big mom is such a cool villain

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The whole "graft Prometheus onto her head and now she has FIRE HAIR" thing is a really cool touch

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Definitely got a Blackbeard(the real one)-putting-lit-candles-in-his-beard vibe.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

The whole "graft Prometheus onto her head and now she has FIRE HAIR" thing is a really cool touch

Hungry Big Mom is probably the single best design in like twenty five years of them, it’s seriously so good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
where the HECK are germa

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
this time guys, this time, i swear it. . . . chopper will do something!!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
To be fair, Chopper just took a hit from an angry Big Mom. That's pretty impressive.

Unrelated to his skill as a doctor, though. You've got to admit that Luffy, Zoro, Robin, and Franky have been making a lot more progress toward their dreams than Chopper has.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Chopper blocked a kill shot. For both the Sunny and Nami

dazoner fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 30, 2017

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lpzie posted:

this time guys, this time, i swear it. . . . chopper will do something!!

He saved Nami this very chapter!

... course so did Brooke... who also got two funny jokes and counter attacked... but hey Chopper was there to react to Brooke being awesome, too!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

dazoner posted:

Chopper blocked a kill shot. For both the Sunny and Nami

lol what? that was gonna be a friendly pat on the head bro

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oda should just bite the bullet and replace Chopper with Carrot already.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

JosephWongKS posted:

Oda should just bite the bullet and replace Chopper with Carrot already.

you wanna fukin go

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It turns out Chopper’s new bad hat has been a power limiter this whole time and he’ll remove it to reveal his old good hat and finally be helpful

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

True, although she surely has to run out of energy and collapse reasonably soon if she's getting skinnier that quickly, for a given value of 'soon'.

At this stage I'm mostly imagining Franky's face when he sees the Sunny. Ship of dreams my rear end, I'm not seeing the advantages of Adam wood if a suitably strong person can simply lift pieces of it up and look underneath like it's a carpet.

ediit: i'm wrong misremembered that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm a bit late to this but Napoleon is somewhat similar to the sword of the villain if black cat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brooke taking that attack for Nami is such a good gag. :lol:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Looks like we dont need to worry about an Enel rematch with luffy and brooke around

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Franky will be sad for a while and then get stoked that he can add more poo poo when he fixes it

Luckily there's a brand of cola perfect to power up that rebuild

lowercase16 posted:

Definitely got a Blackbeard(the real one)-putting-lit-candles-in-his-beard vibe.

I thought it was fuses he put in his beard to make it extra smokey around his head while also providing a demonic light.

Besides, all Blackbeard theatrics references were used up when Whitebeard tanked a few cannonballs to the face and almost fell over, but instead just got angrier.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This whole arc has been so goddamn good it absolutely has to be something Oda has been refining in his brilliant crazy person head for 10 years

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shugojin posted:

This whole arc has been so goddamn good it absolutely has to be something Oda has been refining in his brilliant crazy person head for 10 years

god i cant wait for wano

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

anime was right posted:

god i cant wait for wano

this has pretty much been my one piece mantra since the rooftop sword duel of thriller bark.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How has no one brought up that Brooke managed to weaponise "May I see your panties" against Big Mom? :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JosephWongKS posted:

How has no one brought up that Brooke managed to weaponise "May I see your panties" against Big Mom? :allears:
poo poo, I saw that and was like "I cannot loving believe he used that rolleye-worthy one liner and weaponized it against an emperor" but forgot to mention it

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

He even got a peak too when slashing Zeus.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Blaise330 posted:

Looks like we dont need to worry about an Enel rematch with luffy and brooke around

You just know this is foreshadowing to when there is going to be a scene when Enel returns where he comes up with a really complicated plan just to trap Luffy somewhere and when he gloats about how no one can stop his powers now Brook is gonna be there and Enel will make the enel-face again.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Random New Years thought, I would kill a man for a One Piece game that looks as well crafted as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I bought myself Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 for the Switch over Christmas and it occurs to me that One Piece would be pretty rad as a Lego game. I've played half a dozen or so of them over the years and the gameplay is getting repetitive, so TT Games mixing things up a little would be appreciated, but even if they didn't seeing their take on One Piece and it's humor would be fun regardless.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dazoner posted:

Random New Years thought, I would kill a man for a One Piece game that looks as well crafted as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Not impossible, Arc System Works followed their previous Dragon Ball game (Extreme Butoden) with a One Piece game using the same engine and mechanics, to the point that you could link them and fight OP vs DB.

Though that was with a far more mediocre game than FighterZ but it still could happen.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wrap it up haters. this vrchat room confirms what we already knew

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I can't believe Carrot is confirmed nakama and there are two Luffys

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's obviously just Robin cosplaying as Luffy. So is Carrot. And everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

dazoner posted:

That thing would take Arc System Works eons to balance the fighting mechanics out :suicide: