Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

John Fox is an awful coach and without world-class talent around him he will collapse and be found eating his own poo poo in the locker room shower

vintage ST post.

Dexo posted:

Also his job is secure for at least 3-4 years as long as he doesn't have a meltdown like Emery and Tresty did.

You mean like going 0-16?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin' pickle-talk. TFF :allears:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Yeah man, guys like Rodgers and Peyton are totally easy to find, why are 20+ teams starting mediocre-to-bad QBs, y'all are so dumb :derp:

And the Bears are bad but they're not 0-16 bad. They'll find 3 games to win somewhere, at least. They have to play the Lions twice.

I can see you are being facetious, but you see, what she asked for was a QB who could run and throw, AND read defenses like Peyton or Rodgers. Those are much more common than you realize. :eng101:

But to further the mocking of her, Rodgers is generally near the top for QB rushing yards/season. He is a running/throwing QB who can read defenses like Rodgers.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 30, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

what I do is watch redzone on one screen and the dolphins on the other

that way I am still "a real fan" but I don't end up "dead on the couch from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head"

I have that set-up when watching at my brother-in-laws house. After the first quarter of the Cowboys game, I turned to him and said "Got any scotch?"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

If you think you can out suck the AFC South you're in for a surprise

If anything this plays to the favor of the 9ers, as the AFC south teams will cannibalize each other.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

They have two this year! What the lack in wins they make up for in threads.

I just realized this is true and... it kind of owns.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You can't hide your Lion eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your Lion eyes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Knyteguy posted:

I was trying to come up with a Ford Firestone SUV = Lions joke before I posted

Abdullah has a ton of potential, too. If the Lions don't break him first he'll probably be productive. Theo Riddick always seems to step up, so with all of the targets this team has it's very shameful to see all of this. Riddick, Abdullah, Johnson, Tate, Zenner is looking good, etc. gently caress Lombardi for wasting this team. gently caress Caldwell for not getting rid of him. What the gently caress is his problem.

Good thing about the Lions blowout loss yesterday: I figured it would be a garbage showing so I watched the Wire with my wife instead.

Solid skill position

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGshit offensive line.

The Curse of of the 2013/14 Atlanta Falcons. Same story, different city. If you don't draft o-line high in the first, find another football team to cheer for until the GM is gone.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheHoosier posted:

I don't know what Calvin Johnson did to deserve eternal football damnation but i'm sure he's gotta be wondering who he pissed off in a past life

Remember when we all thought he broke the Madden Curse? Welp...

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL
#Lions beat writer: "Why did you kick a field goal down 28 points in the fourth quarter?" Caldwell: "We'd already thrown in the towel."

At what point in the game would you say you had thrown in the towel? Down 21? Down 14?

You're a poo poo-bad coach, brody.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Regardless of your dumb references, the Lions already had a whole bunch of great-to-good receivers so there was no reason to take ODB in any case. Still shouldn't have taken Ebron, though.

Ebron was taken 6 Spots ahead of Zach Martin.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Good god man, it's Soundwave who has the animal cassette minions not Starscream don't you know anything urgh

Best post/avatar combo in a long loving time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yes: Manning, Eli

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I hope they go 1-15 and beat the Packers

...at Lambeau ...and somehow injure Rodgers in the process. This would be a freak thing, and I don't WISH him harm or anything, I'm just saying that would provide the maximum comedy rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Your not wrong, and I loving love BBP

• Locked thread