Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BGrifter posted:

The Bears will tank their way to the #1 overall pick and... trade it for Manziel.

tbf he's probably better than any QB in this upcoming draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

beejay posted:

Change title to Detroit please

0-16 Watch: Part Deux

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dexo posted:

John Fox when questioned about the Cutlerception.

Hahahaha.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Reminder that the Lions still don't have the longest losing streak, that belongs to the Bucs.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I wish their uniforms were a slightly darker shade of blue, because it's almost perfect but as it stands now it's just bad.

Which I guess sums up the franchise as a whole.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Besides firing almost everyone, is there any real way to fix this poo poo show of a team?

Their defense is fine, it seems like their offense is the main issue, and of that the main problem is the line and the running game (which might also be the line).

Stafford's probably not ideal but he's better than anyone who's coming up in the draft and/or free agency.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy Reid is gonna be nervous as gently caress if Detroit gets its first win in London.

It'd be hilarious if they got it the same way they did last year.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Besides next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF, what do you all think their best chance of winning is? Those are obviously the easy picks (but really, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to lose, lose them all and secure a top draft pick). Not saying they should tank, I really don't believe in that, but God drat something has to change.

Either the Raiders or the Thanksgiving game I think. Not that either is necessarily likely, just that those are probably the best ones, especially if Chip Kelly's Wild Ride breaks down again. Maybe @Saints but that's an even longer shot.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I think this belongs here:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/10/17/2fart2furious-week-6-preview-enter-promo-code-pissboy-free-hot-take/

quote:

Bears @ Lions

The best part of the Lions being pace for another 0-16 season isn’t the fact that bad things happening to the Lions is always funny. Don’t get me wrong, that’s part of it, but it’s not the icing on the cake. No the piece de resistance of this historical trashfuck team is Jim Caldwell on the sidelines. I swear to God it doesn’t matter how many Lions games I watch I always forget he’s the coach. If you include the preseason that makes 9 weeks in a row where I’ve turned on a Lions game, highlight, etc and saw that he was the coach, laughed really hard out loud to no one in particular, and then just like that he was gone from my memory again.

I’ve Eternal Sunshined him out of my brain on a weekly basis. I’ve mentally retconned a human being. Every single week I get to watch Matt Stafford throw a backbreaking interception and when the camera cuts to the sideline and Jim Caldwell is staring straight ahead with this thousand yard stare like he hasn’t been the same since his deployment in Da Nang I cackle like a loving moron. Whether it’s watching Dan Orlovsky play an entire half or making a necklace out of Vietnamese ears, he always has that same look. The ball is knocked out of Megatron’s hands and Jim stares into the abyss. “Detroit…poo poo. I’m still only in Detroit. Every time I think I’m gonna wake up back in the jungle.” Sure he remains stoic in the press conferences, ensuring the press that he’s not pleased with his team’s performance and he’s going to go back to the tape and make some improvements. But once they’re gone he’s alone in the locker room stripped down to his underwear and punching mirrors.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
If they tie, that's still technically a winless season.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tinstaach posted:

Has any team ever fired their coaching staff after a win?

Broncos last year I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

• Locked thread