Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Crow_Robot posted:

Why is the Bears' roster so empty of talent?

Cheap ownership/bad GM/what?

The 2 prior GMs were terrible picks by the owners, who are chucklefucks who don't know how to run a football team. This last off season they hired Ernie Acorsi as a consultant to help them pick a competent GM and got Ryan Pace, but they're still suffering through years of lovely drafting and over reliance on free agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Granted he's only played a game and a half, but Cutler actually looked decent to good so far this season.. Clay Matthews made a really good play for one pick, and there was some miscommunication between him and Bennett for the second... both are interceptions that happen even with great quarterbacks. There hasn't been a situation where Cutler throws into triple coverage to try and make something happen and gets picked on a really bad decision... so far.

I still think Jay's contract is ridiculous and that he's paid way too much, and I don't think he's an elite quarterback or going to the hall of fame, but if he keeps playing the way he has been it's good enough to stick with him long enough to find and train a replacement in the next few years.

Clausen, on the other hand, never should have been resigned this off season. I really hope they put Fales in this week to see if he can at least manage as a back up and kick Pickles to the curb if he does.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Los Angeles Bears has a ring to it

Can we have the Cardinals back? :shobon:

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Commence the fire sale, trade Forte and Bennett.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

This year isn't going to be as much of an embarrassment because the Bears are actually making steps towards being a Professional Team in the National Football League. The last half decade or so there were so many stories of players feeling disrespected and belittled by a lot of the front office staff. Urlacher has talked a lot about how the team basically told him to gently caress off when his contract was up, and there's been a few players with similar stories. Last year they did poo poo like what Kromer did and loving around with the team captains and the locker room and poo poo, which all goes on Trestman. The environment had become pretty toxic from all accounts.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but all the reports seem to indicate the overall environment is much better now. Lots of players have said that last year was uncomfortable coming in for practice or games but that things are much better this year. The staff is making a push to reach out to former players like Urlacher and Butkus instead of treating them like a crazy ex-girlfriend. I get the sense that Ryan Pace and John Fox are trying to build a team that the players are proud of and excited to be a part of. Kevin White was basically saying he was really hoping to be drafted by the Bears a few days before the draft... when's the last time you heard that?

Last year's meltdown, in my opinion, was embarrassing for the dirty laundry that kept spilling out of Halas hall and the obvious misery on the player's faces. If they go 5-11 again or even worse, as long as the toxic environment goes away, I'm willing to put this year in the win column. Getting rid of locker room cancers (cough Brandon Marshall cough) and making a team players are proud of are the real goals.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

mastershakeman posted:

Thank god, because fangio is the real deal. Look at how well they played the packers with way less talent than the chiefs

I think Fangio is p good but on the other hand

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Vereen will become a demigod on the Patriots

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

OxySnake posted:

Just signed with the Vikings practice squad.
Welcome home. :)

gently caress I was thinking of Bostic

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Lt. Chips posted:

Do you have a link for that? I swear I have heard diffetent numbers from different sources and the salary cap is inscrutable voodoo to me.

@AaronLemingNFL posted:

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL Sep 30
Also worth keeping in mind: Forte's cap hit will be somewhere in the $5.5-6M if traded. About 16 could afford him. Many not looking at RBs.

Best I have at the moment

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Zurreco posted:

/

Seriously though, the worst part about the season so far hasn't been the losses or the injuries, it's the hyper-vocal fairweather fans who keep pining for us to "trade gay cutler" as if that's either an option or an appropriate response to the situation. And now, what might even be worse, is all of those same fairweather fans coming back and telling all the Cutler haters to gently caress off.

We were competitive against the Packers in week 1, kept up with the Cardinals in week 2 until Cutler got injured, and then got blown out in week 3 to the fuckin Seahawks. Our defense is pretty bad and yet all anyone wants to talk about is the QB situation. It's almost like facing off against two really good offenses with your own bad defense and then facing a pretty good defense with your best QB and WR injured is an easy way to go 0-3 to start.

Can we just go back to the 2010 Bears where they were super fun to watch and nobody expected anything out of us?

I look forward to the fan riots that will occur when the Bears will draft a hot prospect QB and (hopefully) keep him benched for a season while Cutler plays.

The streets will run green with giardiniera.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Love Forte, but he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

Dexo posted:

It would be pantshittingly dumb to give up Cutler for nothing unless you legit think you have found someone who can become better than him.

I hope they keep anyone they get on the bench for a while, give him a chance to develop. Even if it means another year with Cutler at the helm, it's going to be the best way to give a new QB a chance.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

:tinfoil:
I predict Fox will be out when the team is starting to turn around. Hopefully they'll bump Gase up to HC and the QB coach to OC. Fox is a good team to rebuild a locker room but his gameday management is a bit lacking.
:tinfoil:

Also 9/11 was an inside job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy Reid is gonna be nervous as gently caress if Detroit gets its first win in London.

CNN: Famine strikes Europe as Andy Reid turns to stress eating.

• Locked thread