Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

new brave series, though its just a web manga for now. hopefully it does well and gets an anime

Hopefully it'll get translated. I don't imagine an anime will happen when not even the newest GaoGaiGar stuff can get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm playing 13 Sentinels. It's good!

I am, however, not good. In fact I'm quite terrible. I'm stuck at 3-2, just got completely overwhelmed when I tried to play it. Any tips on how to build the characters and play it? Should I just swallow my pride and play on easy from now on?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Ed, Edd, n Eddy would be another good trio to stick in the Getter, a lot of Ishikawa's more goofy faces end up being pretty similar in style to that show anyways

They even perfectly fit the usual Getter Trio, you have the angry hot-blooded leader (Eddy), the intelligent one that has to deal with the rest's poo poo (Edd) and the dumb but kind one that serves as the moral compass of the rest (Ed).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nessus posted:

Need a super robot powered directly by yuri moments.

Can we get an Aquarion that works on this concept?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Logos is a series I've half-gaslighted myself into thinking it doesn't exist. Not because I disliked it, but because there seems to be no proof it ever existed. The openings aren't on YouTube, no one talks about it, it has never been in SRW. It's like reality itself tries to forget about it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Siegkrow posted:

I still want Shin Great Mazinger.

My greatest dream that will never come true...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bravern is the most mood whiplash anime I've ever watched in my life and I can't believe a show would try to juggle two completely different moods and switch from one to another so sharply without the slightest bit of interest in how it hits the audience.

I need this entire show pumped straight into my veins.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth Walrus posted:

Crunchyroll also has Metallic Rouge, if you want small lesbian robots to balance out your large gay robots.

I haven't started that one but I was interested in it, is it good so far?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sadly it'll be a pretty short anime. Zeus appears, waits until the enemy attempts to act, then detaches two materials and blows up the entire field except itself. The end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Big revelations in this week's Bravern. Smith is completely waxed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arc Hammer posted:

It's a mecha thread, they can talk about a gundam show here too. Just like I'm gonna comment on how good Bravern's cgi mecha look and how well they're integrated into scenes with regular 2D animation since 3D mechas often look super janky in composite shots.

That's kind of funny too since it'd be perfectly fitting for the show for Bravern and the other alien robots to look as if they were from a completely different show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bravern's definitely settled on the super robot side of the equation and lost the fun mood whiplashes from early season but it still gets some bits here and there that remind us that we're working with two sets of rules (and the super robot side is fun on its own). Turns out fighting your rival in the middle of enemy territory, knowing you still have two boss-level enemies to beat, is a loving terrible idea, and even moreso is lowering your guard afterwards. Bravern getting killed like that was a moment of stupidity that got badly punished.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, that was fast. The series isn't even over yet (though it's also not far from it).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fafner is hard to get into, the first 11 or so episodes are not great. Get past that, and it becomes excellent, especially when you hit the movie which is peak. Then it gets a bit too dark for its own sake (and it didn't start particularly nice either) but it's still enjoyable.

EDIT: New (I think?) Grendizer U trailer that Youtube helpfully suggested to me. The editting in it is so insane that I can't tell what's going on but hey, we have the protagonists and Mazinger Z's around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4MYXdte9MM

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 30, 2024

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I seriously doubt this is in the Shin Mazinger continuity simply because Koji and Sayaka have new VAs, instead of reusing their Shin Mazinger ones. Mazinger continuities are usually consistent in this - each continuity has their set of VAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gripweed posted:

I was going to suggest a Gundam isekai, but then I realized a story about a character losing their home and everything they know and being transported to a world of war and Mobile Suits has already been done multiple times in regular Gundam.

Also if you want a Gundam isekai that already exists, Build Divers Re:Rise.