Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Cowman posted:

Guys I have a problem.

Wife and I are both fighters and we just had our first kid. He was born with a full white beard. Is he a wizard or just a really good fighter? I've never raised a wizard and I'm scared my wife cheated on me.

Just make sure keep him on his arcane studies first off.

Second, if you two fighters mess around with my eldritch artifacts? They do sometimes cause magic babies and I have been complaining about 'Adventurers' stealing my poo poo. All the local Regent lord does is have his thugs toss my frail boney lich rear end out of his court and they hurl mean spirited taunts. Sick of these people calling me bonehead, Slim and Regent's favorite name for me "Boner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

many johnnys posted:

Do you or her have any wizards as parents? In some cases it skips a generation.

Lol everyone knows wizards can't have kids. Confirmed bachelors for life

I come from a long line of thieves and even we know how to sustain ourselves

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm not worried about wizards, provided that the few & the proud are willing to step up & keep us safe from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pir1Hug-CEc

Hell, I'd take a Marine over some dorky paladin if I'm going through some dungeon filled with fire elementals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tnJtLBQzQ

Rangers are cool, I guess. They are elite infantry units & are all "Rangers lead the way!" which is kind of important if you're going to be on the front line fighting brown peopleorcs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkQBa69B1Iw

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

http://i.imgur.com/16OI1eX.jpg

edit i guess technically it's nws

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 23, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfnIBnz2_zw

i love me some wizard metal

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I just reclassed myself as a Lich. I used to be a weak Skeleton King, but I didn't want to sacrifice my skeleton pride just to be stronger. Turns out that a Skeleton King counts as a Lich! Who knew? Now I am a dungeon boss that doesn't get pushed around by rear end in a top hat adventurers!

Me IRL right now:

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 23, 2015

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Trying to pick his nose or sniff his finger after time with his skeltal lady :pervert: :heysexy:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Hells yeah man, thanks for the gig. May not be the most glorious if starts but we all gotta start somewhere. Got a bonus in the form of some dusty rear end old grimoire. Looks like some pretty gnarly stuff in here. Should I try it out or wait till im a little more advanced?

It's up to you, but I say that you should open it up and take a look! What's the worst that can happen?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Thank Lord Skeltal

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Just for the hell of it I chose a fire spell.....suffice it to say my grove got a little smaller and my arms are a little less hairy. Made a cool boom though.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Just for the hell of it I chose a fire spell.....suffice it to say my grove got a little smaller and my arms are a little less hairy. Made a cool boom though.

Oh man. Reminds me of my first day on the job!

Those were some angry squirrels.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
The ones over here are some poo poo heels anyways (the ones that are left). They always look pissed off and sound it when the chitter at me. Kept throwin acorns at me too. Fuckers.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol at all the people trying to change class or multi-class. You're born a wizard and you'll always be a wizard no mater what. The magic is in your DNA. You can't just chop your wand off or get rid of your crystal balls and say, "I'm a cleric now!"

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BigBoss posted:

Lol at all the people trying to change class or multi-class. You're born a wizard and you'll always be a wizard no mater what. The magic is in your DNA. You can't just chop your wand off or get rid of your crystal balls and say, "I'm a cleric now!"

I agree with this. It's all about being true to yourself. If you are a natural born Wizard, be a Wizard. If you are a natural born Rogue, be a Farmer. It's just how things are meant to go!

The Skeleton King posted:

I just reclassed myself as a Lich. I used to be a weak Skeleton King, but I didn't want to sacrifice my skeleton pride just to be stronger. Turns out that a Skeleton King counts as a Lich! Who knew? Now I am a dungeon boss that doesn't get pushed around by rear end in a top hat adventurers!

Me IRL right now:

Nice! Lookin' pimpin' there! Glad you have found your calling. :)

Applewhite posted:

Is "Grimoire" pronounce "Grimmory" or "Grimwar"? I've been saying the latter but I've heard the former spoken aloud many times.

Anyone who isn't a moron pronounces it Grimwar. Fighters who think they were pretty clever because they can read signs always pronounce it Grimmory like a loving idiot.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I always pronounced it as Grim more, not as much of a W sound and smoother with out a syllable gap in the enunciation.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's Grim-mwär. How did you guys even get through wizard school?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

I come from a long line of thieves and even we know how to sustain ourselves

casts simulacrum

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
YOU CANT SAY WIZARD ONLY WE CAN USE THAT WORD

porkchop_express fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 24, 2015

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

BigBoss posted:

ONCE YOU GO WIZARD
GOING BACK WILL BE DEFERRED

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Whoah whoah, what the ever live loving paladin circle jerking Christ is this poo poo. Red wizards are terrorists? Hey first, gently caress you buddy who said red wizards are assholes. Those are extreme groups who want to unify everyone through fearmongling and guerilla tactics. We are red mages. We are the guys who want to explore all knowledge, both of wizards and warriors. We get nothing from being assholes to others. We want to try all aspects. Sure, we're not going to be the best at others, but that doesn't matter to us.

Look, I know some red mages who are loving weird. I know some extreme red mages, but we're honestly the most open and exploring breed of wizards out there. We want to support everyone in their choices, whether destined or by choice, that people take. So please don't loving call us terrorist you entitled balrog.

nullEntityRNG fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 24, 2015

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006

The Skeleton King posted:

Me IRL right now:

Nice looking Myspace angle. You're attention whore-ing better than a triple breasted Fae Nymph. Maybe you'd like some extra dark kohl from Evil Topic as well!

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

makoto20 posted:

Nice looking Myspace angle. You're attention whore-ing better than a triple breasted Fae Nymph. Maybe you'd like some extra dark kohl from Evil Topic as well!

Hey man, don't be upset that you will never look that good (both being alive or undead).

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

makoto20 posted:

You leave Shiela out of this! She is a goddess, and one day she'll realize that we're meant to be together!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm openly a Wwwyzzerdd

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Its pronounced "Book" you pansy dresswearers.
Instead of making up fancy names for stacked paper you should lift a thing or two. Those books, for starters, until your str and stam hit double digits *flexes*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Look at this loving sexual predator. THIS IS A DECENT FAMILY NEIGHBORHOOD

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Y-Hat posted:

i'm openly a Wwwyzzerdd

Can you please stop opening popups in my loving house? tia.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
*rolls a 1 on a privilege check*

*accidentally casts microaggression on orc*

*orc takes 1D4 damage to feelings*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*whines about lack of a wizard pride parade in backward rear end town*

*talks mad poo poo about dark elves*

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
*casts miniture dimension door on bathroom stall wall*

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Messed up and ate some taco bell while sober and now im shotting fire balls out my rear end.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey guys I want to become a Kensei but I don't really know how to do it. And for all you baka who say its the same thing as a fighter NO ITS NOT!!

Anyway, my stepdad keeps telling me im wasting my time sitting in the cellar reading manuscripts and wall scrolls from Yamato but im just like "uwu shut the gently caress up Carl (that's his name)"

uuuuuuuuuuugh why are some people such uncultured gaijin?!

he says that i should at least join a guild so i can learn to swing a sword but no way am i hangign out with those JOCKS and everyone knows that being a Kensei is more about your intelligence than your strenght. And I assure you seinen (that means "gentlemen" for all the uncultured among us) that my stats are very high in that regard.

So anyway, suggestions?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Commit seppuku

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Commit seppuku

Fu-- off, troll

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Sure thing man. Gonna chill in my grove with my druid bros and smoke some herb while you hang out in your parents basement and cry about not having a real class.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I get hassled by my inlaws about specializing in divination rather than evocation like the rest of the sheeple. Follow your dreams wizbros, if you wanna be a diviner then you do you and gently caress the haters.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Illusionists are awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1WSH0VzoaM

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Hey guys I want to become a Kensei but I don't really know how to do it. And for all you baka who say its the same thing as a fighter NO ITS NOT!!

Anyway, my stepdad keeps telling me im wasting my time sitting in the cellar reading manuscripts and wall scrolls from Yamato but im just like "uwu shut the gently caress up Carl (that's his name)"

uuuuuuuuuuugh why are some people such uncultured gaijin?!

he says that i should at least join a guild so i can learn to swing a sword but no way am i hangign out with those JOCKS and everyone knows that being a Kensei is more about your intelligence than your strenght. And I assure you seinen (that means "gentlemen" for all the uncultured among us) that my stats are very high in that regard.

So anyway, suggestions?

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Commit seppuku

This is the best advice anyone can give you, I'm afraid.

Hexel posted:

I get hassled by my inlaws about specializing in divination rather than evocation like the rest of the sheeple. Follow your dreams wizbros, if you wanna be a diviner then you do you and gently caress the haters.

Right on, brother! :hfive:

They own. Not great in fights, but if they are clever enough and have a few points here and there in some sort of fighting class (anything from a fighter to damage spells) they can outsmart the best of them.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I need help bad, like real bad! My family has been predominantly warlords and fighters and they are very proud of their roots as mageslayers, but after my most recent dungeon run i suddenly got this urge I've never had before. I saw our wizard cast a cone of cold and that woke something inside me, some strange feelings i never knew were there. Now i have nothing against wizards and i even had a period in my life where i thought about going full wiz, but this is the first time i ever felt a draw toward the arcane.

I think i might be a spellblade, i dont know how my family will react. I dont know if i want to be this way!

• Locked thread