Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

What about the rogues??? Are we not even worth a mention? (And don't even try to tell me that we're included under "regular fighters" you classist bigot.)

Rogues do it from behind bitch boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
On behalf of all non-paladins.

gently caress you Paladins

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Ugh, typical. I suppose next you're going to tell everyone about how anyone who identifies as "Lawful Good" is kidding himself.

It's not a sustainable alignment.

Eventually your dogmatic lock step is going to lead you into a catch-22 and you're going to go full evil. History has so many examples of Paladins turning from the light, because some bitch boy rogue, with a bluff skill in the low triple digits, talks your rear end into killing orphans to save the rest of the town from plague.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

String Beans posted:

Back in my day spellcasters were spellcasters and didn't need to hussy themselves up to do it

Oh bullshit grandpa. They had enchantresses in your day. Grandma told me all about your visit to the "guild hall"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

whats wrong with killing people? their souls just go to their plane of alignment, where they get to chill and be immortal with people of the same ideology. it's not immoral to kill anyone, heck you can just cast planeshift and go see them any time you want

The amount of ignorance in this statement is staggering. What are you, some loving twelve year old hedge mage that found his master's crystal ball unguarded and just decided to come on here and poo poo the place up?

I could start with how gods and souls interact in the ether of the astral plane but I would rather just tell you to put a magic missile through your stupid loving head.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Uh yes? Doy? Where do you think the word "good" even comes from? It's etymologically rooted in the word 'God" so yes, if God says it's okay, then something is by definition okay.

And how do you know you are speaking to your god and not Asmodeus the god of trickery, deceit and lies?

Seriously man, one of these days your god is gonna say it's ok to kill some arch bishop, because he's corrupt, you're gonna do it and we'll all have to deal with your Death Knight rear end.

Just be a prissy fighter FFS

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

No, like most people, you're confusing us with Lawful Neutral. The Good part of Lawful Good means we have to rely on our own moral judgment. It's true we get our inspiration from the divine, but most divine beings communicate on a level beyond mortal understanding, so we must rely on our own moral character to fill in the gaps.

Well, if they communicate on a level beyond mortal understanding and you are in fact mortal, then you can not understand them

Mystara dude, you sound like Halaster Blackcloak! Using your own "morals" to justify whatever actions you commit. This is pure and simple tautology.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

Asmodeus isn't a god, jeez :rolleyes:

I tell you what apprentice bitch boy. Shine my wand up, then we'll go see him, on the ninth layer of Hell and you can tell him that yourself.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So if Applewhite the Paladin of Tautology doesn't approve of it, it's inherently evil? :rolleyes:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I don't make the rules, I just obey and enforce them. Whether your actions are good or evil is a judgment that awaits you on a higher plane.

Except you are actively in here judging people and attempting to draw hard lines on magic uses. You're moving the goal posts.

TEAYCHES posted:

its pretty clear that applewhite just isnt comfortable with his own magical side. this is the kind of attitude where he will condemn other people for it but you know hes in the latrines secretly casting grease on his buddys hole

I think you should go back to doing this Applewhite.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I want to follow up by saying that I'm very much against those kinds of camps. It's no surprise to me that their most prominent "successes" end up as paladins, since paladins are the only class from whom using magic really is a choice. Most of the time the victims of these backwards camps just end up as self-hating wizards that keep all their mana bottled up inside until it explodes in a display of dark magic or they kill themselves because of the constant whispers of the dark ones in their heads.
If you are a magic user then there's nothing you can do about it except learn to wield magic righteously. You can't keep it bottled up forever and without guidance you will only end up using magic in an unhealthy way.
That is why I thank the LORD every day for His divine presence and guidance in helping me to use magic responsibly.

Change wizard to paladin and this is the same argument you.......

You were sent to one of those camps, weren't you? :wth:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I attended a training camp where I was taught to discipline my body as well as properly utilize my natural mana reserves, yes.

Show us on the homunculus where they touched you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

If the orc wasn't doing anything wrong then why did he use flee?

Did somebody Feeblemind you? It's the only explanation, beyond "LOL Paladins"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I saw a skeleton at the shop the other day and the only thing I could think was "gurrrrl, you need to eat a sandwich or something."

Stop Trolling.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Applewhite can vouch for me, I provided my services to the party that cleared the Crypt of Eternal Dread with him.

How often did you smite his codpiece?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Who else here has Polymorphed an uggo into a stunner?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Halfling chicks know how to party, cook and brew.

Succubus are also fun dates. Just don't meet their parents

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

String Beans posted:

Typical relationship draining the life from you.

Thank Tzeentch I dodge that bullet long ago after I reached lich hood.

Doot Doot

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fellbat posted:

Some grievances: one, in my day we didn't need no free ride wizard school. The invisible college wasn't an idea, it was a loving building. You proved yourself by finding the drat thing. Two, we must go past this 'bearocentrictiy.' The idea that all wizards must have beard isn't just sexist, some of us have transcended flesh. Wearing this false beard is silly.

Dude.......

You're still wearing the beard?

:laffo:

How many years have you been out of apprenticeship? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They tell fledglings that, just to screw with them. AND YOU TRANSCENDED AND ARE STILL WEARING IT! :laffo:

:roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Luvcow posted:

if any of you knew how many times your wizard friends have made you do things with charm spells you'd be horrified

Charm doesn't make you do anything you wouldn't already do.

That's Geas

• Locked thread