Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Guys I have a serious problem. Whay class should I go with? I like hitting things with swords but I also like to set things on fire and throw lightening around but I dont wanna be some loser paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
No offense man but my pocket being swole with gold is a pretty high calling. And I'd rather not have to call and leave a message to some higher power to know what to do.

E: is it possible to light someones farts on fire while its still inside them?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Best. Party. Trick. Ever.

Whats tuition like at these schools? And are there any good ones in America.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Fart Puzzle posted:

So just because I use my magic to conjour shadows and stab people in the back I'm lumped in with fighters? Wow, you'd think the wizard community would be a little bit more tolerant of fellow magic users, I expect to catch the ire of fighters but we have all gone through the same struggle of coming out!

Just this week I've saved a thurmatage, an enchantress, and a red wizard from brigands in the alley behind the tavern and you would say I am not worthy of the term wizard?!

Im cool with you guys personally. Some of my best friends are rouges.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Fart Puzzle posted:

I know everyone likes to act like they don't need people like me to move and fence the loot but don't bite the hand that feeds. How many health potions do you use on a typical dungeon run? How are you going to make a profit slurping red and blue jello after every fight? I'm in and out like the wind bitch, and I'm not even an elementalist.

E: thanks blizzy, I left something for you in that one spot, you know the one. Enjoy friend :)

Next time we're at the tavern I'll get ya tankard or two.

get REAL beefy stabby bitch

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
AW mad jelly of a touges ability to be fast as gently caress and not be encumbered by lame rear end armour

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Whats that gonna do when a wizard turns your armour red hot and cooks you alive homie

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Would it be wise to have a werewolf follow the party to help us in some really hairy situations? Or should I just melt his insides and wear his eolf pelt like a kick rear end robe?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
How long is one in wizard college? And how are the prices per semester? Looking to start in the fall just want to make sure I get into the best place for the best price.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Time_pants posted:

Unless you study all the time and have absolutely no social life (then you're definitely cut out to be a Wizard! Ha!), Bachelor of Arcane or Bachelor of Sorcery degree typically takes about four years. I will say this: MAKE SURE IT'S AN ACCREDITED WIZARD'S COLLEGE!

Buddy of mine, nice Feytouched Human guy, one day up and decided he had it up to here with herding trees and up and decides he wants to move to the big city and take up a career in Wizardry. Trouble is, he can't find a place that'll take him on account of him having no academic background to speak of and Druidic doesn't qualify for the foreign language requirement according to the Wizard's College Board (bigots).

So there he is, hopping from one town to the next, burning through his savings on tavern food and lodging, growing more desperate by the day, when finally, one day, he rides into town and sees a sign for D'Vry Wizard's University. They don't require transcripts, proof of apprenticeship, or even a scroll of recommendation. And if you pay for the first year's tuition up-front in gold or platinum (they don't take electrum), they'll even waive the foreign language requirement. What a deal, right???

At first, my friend thought that he finally got his lucky break, but about halfway through the first semester, he starts to get this bad feeling. They hadn't so much as scribed a single scroll and they barely cracked a single one of the dozen overpriced spellbooks he had to buy for his classes. Worse, some of the "Wizards" they had teaching the classes could barely cast a single cantrip, and the few competent faculty Wizards they did have seemed to be just there for the extra income to supplement their real jobs or just as a temporary thing to pay for an extra wing on their towers.

Dejected, broke, and humiliated, my buddy quit halfway through the second semester. Of course, they didn't refund any of his tuition, and they paid him coppers on the gold piece for the couple of spellbooks he could even sell back at the campus spellbookstore. He came back to the forest and we let him return to his old position as a treeherd. Sometimes the Treants will ask him about the year he spent in the big city and that fancy Wizard College, and he'll force this pained little smile and be polite, but he always changes the subject quick as he can.

Now, I know that there's always some guy on here who is attending D'Vry Wizard's University right now and he swears up and down that it isn't really like that and anyone who drops out is just "afraid of working hard" and that "lots of D'Vry graduates go on to successful careers in potion brewing, item crafting, and dungeoneering." Yeah, I read the brochure, too. But have you ever met one of these successful D'Vry graduates? Hell, I've heard that D'Vry isn't even really Elvish!

Anyway, if you're really interested in attending Wizard's College, I'd hold off for at least a year and do an internship with a court Wizard of at least take some classes at the Junior Adept College. Sure, it's not glamorous, but a lot of courses that you take for a 2-year Adept's Degree will transfer and you'll save a ton of money in the long run.

In the end, I don't think it's worth it unless you come from a rich family that can afford to send you to an expensive Wizard's College Preparatory school. I did see that you posted earlier that you're interested in taking your first level in a Player Character class. Have you considered a career in Druidry? Sure, the pay is pretty poor (basically whatever you can scavenge from the bodies of Dwarven lumberjacks and the occasional Swamp Hag passing through), but the health benefits are great: Cure Light Wounds at first level and it only gets better from there! Plus, you get plenty of exercise, you get to work outdoors, bringing pets to the workplace is encouraged, and lots of us Wild Shape into nocturnal creatures, so you can pretty much set your own hours! If you're interested, I can set you up with an interview with the head of our Druid circle. PM me for details.

Thanks Time_Pants. Message sent.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Time_pants posted:

lol look at this scrub posting from page 1. Can you not read because you're a first-level Barbarian, or are you just lazy? Because if you'd been following the thread, you'd know that I already hooked Blizzy up with a sweet entry-level position in grove tending using my connections in the Druid circle.

Spellsword? Man, that gish poo poo is so played out. Let me let you in on a little secret, Melvin: women don't like a guy who multiclasses. Especially not one who ditches casting levels for attack bonus. Geez, where did you come from? Third Edition?

Hells yeah man, thanks for the gig. May not be the most glorious if starts but we all gotta start somewhere. Got a bonus in the form of some dusty rear end old grimoire. Looks like some pretty gnarly stuff in here. Should I try it out or wait till im a little more advanced?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
He also toked up on occasions. Got problems with too?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Have you fellas of these "space wizards". The fight with swords of light and some are rather benign and just use magic to push stuff and lame rear end mental manipulation but these other ones, I guess they're evil, smash poo poo and throw lightening around.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Trying to pick his nose or sniff his finger after time with his skeltal lady :pervert: :heysexy:

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Just for the hell of it I chose a fire spell.....suffice it to say my grove got a little smaller and my arms are a little less hairy. Made a cool boom though.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
The ones over here are some poo poo heels anyways (the ones that are left). They always look pissed off and sound it when the chitter at me. Kept throwin acorns at me too. Fuckers.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Messed up and ate some taco bell while sober and now im shotting fire balls out my rear end.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Commit seppuku

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Sure thing man. Gonna chill in my grove with my druid bros and smoke some herb while you hang out in your parents basement and cry about not having a real class.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I couldnt be prouder fellas. My little girl has decided to take up spell casting. Since tye store was out of robes we got her a witches dress. If I can find I have a pic on my phone an let you guys see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Liaten to him man. He got me a gig watchin over a grove just like three days ago and my boss is all ready talking bout promotion. Comes with some new threads and a kick rear end grimoire with so bomb rear end spells.

Watch out for the squirrels though, those guys are assholes.

• Locked thread