Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell 29m29 minutes ago
UCK + an L = LUCK

:crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Abugadu posted:

I think it's the Colts.

Every other team there came into the season thinking they'd maybe win one of their first two, Colts had Bills then Jets. And their one strong point, their offense, looked like absolute dogshit.

The funny thing is, very little could change and any one of those (except the Saints) could end up an 11-5 team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love these new pylon cams.

Never have I seen NFL player's feet in such high definition.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
With all these "should be better than 0-2" teams out there it looks like the battles for the Wild Cards in both conferences will be absolute bonkers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

The funny thing is, very little could change and any one of those (except the Saints) could end up an 11-5 team.

Because we will be 14-2, right? Right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Quest For Glory II posted:

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell 29m29 minutes ago
UCK + an L = LUCK

:crossarms:
No, that math checks out

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I think the poo poo state the Colts find themselves in is more Grigson's fault than Pagano.

Hard to coach a trash roster.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JT Jag posted:

No, that math checks out

L + updog

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope a 6-10 team goes to the playoffs

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The Eagles / Jets game is going to be loving FANTASTIC :allears:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shyduck posted:

Checks out

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

shyduck posted:

Do I have a Giants team for you,

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Ragnar is a loving idiot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

shyduck posted:

I hope a 6-10 team wins the super bowl

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
^ They'd be 9-10 then.
:goonsay:

Idiot Kicker posted:

The Seahawks game was hilarious. They kept zooming in on Jimmy Graham and Seattle completely forgot to use him. This is going to be a horrible season for the 49ers, so just let me bask in our one-game lead before it goes away.

Hey good for you, you guys had a real bad offseason :) We just won it all a couple years ago anyway, it's just disappointing that we should've still had a decent team for another year or 2 but it's turning to poo poo faster than anyone thought. Maybe in another 5 years the old contracts will be up and we'll be primed to make another run.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

shyduck posted:

Patriots/Packers Super Bowl

And this year, unlike 2007 and 2011, we actually crippled the Giants ahead of time

Big Bob Pataki posted:

No... No!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you're watching the Colts games and thinking that Luck is part of the problem, you're insane.

He hasn't played great and has made his share of mistakes, but without him they'd look even worse.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Big Bob Pataki posted:

The miracle pass will be caught by Preston Parker, his third catch of the season

Brannock posted:

And this year, unlike 2007 and 2011, we actually crippled the Giants ahead of time

We started 0-2 in 2007 then barely beat the Redskins in week 3

hmmmmmmmmmm don't we play the Redskins on Thursday how interesting

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If you accept that what makes a QB is Just Winning Games and Have More Touchdowns and Has Few Interceptions, then Marcus Mariota (1-1, 6 TD, 0 INT) is better than Andrew Luck (0-2, 3 TD, 5 INT).

Have a great night, all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

What is updog?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

effectual posted:

^ They'd be 9-10 then.
:goonsay:

Hey good for you, you guys had a real bad offseason :) We just won it all a couple years ago anyway, it's just disappointing that we should've still had a decent team for another year or 2 but it's turning to poo poo faster than anyone thought. Maybe in another 5 years the old contracts will be up and we'll be primed to make another run.

I do think Seattle will be okay in the end. Maybe not a title team, but certainly a playoff team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

If you accept that what makes a QB is Just Winning Games and Have More Touchdowns and Has Few Interceptions, then Marcus Mariota (1-1, 6 TD, 0 INT) is better than Andrew Luck (0-2, 3 TD, 5 INT).

Have a great night, all.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
No, no, don't you see, Luck isn't culpable for his performance and if you don't think so??? Well, heh, you clearly haven't watched the games

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How in the gently caress is Bort only 23.... He looks like a man in his mid 30s

:aaaaa:

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Blake Bortles looks like Kurt Angle with hair

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

A Man and his dog posted:

How in the gently caress is Bort only 23.... He looks like a man in his mid 30s

:aaaaa:

Bort will look like current Brett Favre at age 30

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

soggybagel posted:

Ragnar is a loving idiot.

He seriously wants 20k per game?

Christ, I'll grow on my own beard and cheer on the sidelines at home games for 20$ per game if that's what hes asking.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Aren't NFL cheerleaders basically unpaid and have to work tons of hours/events.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think Ragnar vastly underestimates how many fans would do his poo poo basically just to get on the field

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kalensc posted:

With all these "should be better than 0-2" teams out there it looks like the battles for the Wild Cards in both conferences will be absolute bonkers.

Most of them will probably be fine, I think. There's maybe only one or two that will end the year below .500 (of the "good" ones, anyway).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Bort has no babyfat at all, I think is why he looks super-aged

Also,

Jaguars on top of the standings in the AFC South, thank god for the alphabet being the tiebreaker during the regular season

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brannock posted:

No, no, don't you see, Luck isn't culpable for his performance and if you don't think so??? Well, heh, you clearly haven't watched the games

I don't think anyone is saying this.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The Eagles / Jets game is going to be loving FANTASTIC :allears:

Given how poorly their guards were playing against Dallas, they should probably be pretty worried about dealing with that Jets front.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bip Roberts posted:

Aren't NFL cheerleaders basically unpaid and have to work tons of hours/events.

They're starting to push back against this lately and are seeing a bunch of public support from it

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/opinion/cheerleaders-until-they-see-their-nfl-paychecks.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JT Jag posted:

Also,

Jaguars on top of the standings in the AFC South, thank god for the alphabet being the tiebreaker during the regular season

Jags + Titans, bitch

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I am empty inside from now until thursday

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Jags + Titans, bitch

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

hobbez posted:

N:

0-2 teams in the NFL:
-IND
-BAL
-SEA
-DET
-PHI
-NYG
-NO
-HOU
-CHI

This is just a delightful start to the 2015 NFL season

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Also,

If the Colts are gonna be bad this year, I'm all aboard the Silly Pussies bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Given how poorly their guards were playing against Dallas, they should probably be pretty worried about dealing with that Jets front.
DeMarco might quit the team at halftime

• Locked thread