Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Semi relevant to yesterday, on an aside, but since Jesus is so prominent in the Quran (he and Mary account for the bulk of storytelling in the Quran), a lot of Muslims actually celebrate Christmas in the US, though it's more about fasting and then eating a big dinner than gifts or any of that other Roman stuff. :eng101:

Over here (Netherlands) there is a popular muslim facebook group that tells people celebrating christmas or even wishing people merry christmas is one of the gravest sins possible. So i kind of doubt this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Typical "moderate" behaviour. Act all civilized until someone gets critical and then throw a fit.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Say my wife is disobedient. How should i hit her to prevent permanent marks?
Like just a slap across the face or are clenched fists acceptable?

Peace be unto you brothers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Fizzil posted:

Facing Mecca is required, but if you don't know you can pray in any direction, while traveling on a boat or a plane its recommended to pray facing the bow/cockpit.

Do you need to take great circle mapping into account? For example if you are in Anchorage Alaska you might think you have to face South-East but the shortest distance is actually to face almost directly North.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Fizzil posted:

Can these views change? maybe. Muslims in the west are more accepting of homosexuals than in the Muslim world, and i think its cause of two things really.

This is not really the case. Muslims in Western europe are very conservative and hate gays as much as your average middle eastern muslim.
You for example do not want to walk through a muslim neighbourhood holding hands with another man in say Amsterdam, things won't end well for you.

• Locked thread