Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc
My marketing department is in the process of reorganizing and I wanted to reach out to this community to see how your workplace is organized.

Couple of things to think about :
  • B2B? Non-profit? Education? Private?
  • Approximate budget size
  • Approximate audience size
  • and then whatever else info you think relevant
Let me know if I can clarify anything. Thanks for your time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnarkIncarnate
Sep 13, 2013

OMG. I'm like, literally... dead.

I work for a multinational, we import / export tech from china, create packaging and re-sell to a few different stores locally and internationally.
At the moment the department is only 7-8 months old, structure is still loose and wild and Im hoping to have everything sorted by next year April.

Budget is largely open, although I do need to justify and argue my spends.
Audience size - global. Locally we deal with 8 national retailers and roughly 12 internationals (Mostly in the UK, NZ, China and branching into AUZ).
Team size: Locally - In-house 2 (Myself,AD, and one dedicated designer), Freelancers 1 creative Agency and one freelancer. Internationally: 4 in-house resources and one packaging agency. I oversee all creative, repro, product development and pretty much anything that needs creative approval (photography, die lines, instruction manuals etc) and feedback to the owners of the business.

Biggest gripe: Unqualified brand managers and juniors running with our social media / site content management - I have zero reach rates on social media pages which should be a lot better, no seo, and no control over the muppets that think they know what they're doing there, along with the fact I get treated like a secretary by local sales people (40year + men who havent realised that boobs does not equal typing pool).

Question is rather broad, hence the broad answer. Any questions - Happy to answer.

• Locked thread