Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Only played the first chapter but loving it so far. "This ship is literally carrying all of our culture" lol it's exactly like playing the 80s cartoon. The Devastator fight is kinda like an 80s version of a Dark Souls boss fight.

I really suck at this game though. Im so used to Dark Souls controls I keep accidentally pushing B when I want to dodge. Wish I could swap B and RB. Or can I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hmm...Optimus Prime with spinning buzz saw blades for hands...why yes that is awesome.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Is there an achievement for reading all the legal notes? Shits 59 pages wtf

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Buy this game so we can get some DLC. Let us play as Blaster or the decepticons.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I started playing as Optimus but he's so good he's kinda like cheat mode. But yeah Sideswipe is awesome - so fast and so much fun. And his ultimate is badass. What does his special do?

Holy poo poo Starscreams intro was cool. The music is hilarious.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 17, 2015

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Welp that's Hard done, now onto Magnus difficulty. Either Sideswipe, Wheeljack or Bumblebee time.

The cool thing about playing the smaller guys is that the Decepticons look so much bigger. I didn't realize Blitzwing was so buff - I still have his original toy and it's not so big. I love his move where he grabs you by the throat and drags you along beside him.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

I also love that move. And by love I mean despise. Because he would always snatch my out of a combo or Grimlocks bellyflop.

He's also fast as gently caress. I do not look forward to fighting him on Magnus.

The challenge fight with him and Starscream is crazy. They are tough enough on their own - together you need eyes in the back of your head. They are both good at dodging or breaking combos.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I really don't like the top down missions. I have trouble picking targets and seeing incoming attacks, especially when seekers are floating over my head.

The missions where all the Autobots are involved though, yeah that's my poo poo.

The sequel needs to be the classic team up where you can play as both Autobots and Decepticons. Of course first you would have to explain this to the Decepticons by kicking their rear end in a massive battle royale.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

DroneRiff posted:

Is it wrong that mt first though was:

"Just think of the QTE fest or massive finger breaking combo you could be made to pull off in order to open The Matrix, then roll out of Unicorn's exploding body as the ending theme blasts out."

And only on re-reading that did I notice I'm basically wishing for P* to make Transformers: The Movie: The Game. Where to I kickstart that?

Haha yeah that would be great. I hope they just escalate everything - imagine using Devastator/Superion to beat up Metroplex/Trypticon then use them to beat up Unicron.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Well this is a prequel game to the 'Combiner Wars' so player combiners are definitely a thing. Speaking of which. IF Optimus Maximum is going to use his existing combiners, we'll be seeing Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Mirage in the next game.

Not sure how different those characters would be in terms of playstyle, but i'm all for more skins like the DLC to make replays more interesting. I guess Mirage would be cool if he could turn invisible.

I'd rather have something crazy different like Blaster/Soundwave with their special move being a random tape buddy. Or some jets so we can fly around. Maybe they would have to limit character selection for certain levels but that's fine with me. They already have the animations and movesets for almost the whole range of G1 characters, with some tweaking. There are plenty of suckers like me out there willing to shell out the money.

Also give us a royal rumble-style multiplayer arena!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Oh right, Sunstreaker is Sideswipes brother, so I guess he would just have his dash ability.

Just based on Sideswipe alone you could have: Red Alert, Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Mirage, Jazz, Bluestreak, Prowl, Skids, Smokescreen, Tracks and Hot Rod without too much effort. Maybe from Sideswipe or Wheeljack you could get Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailerbreaker and Hoist.

Ultra Magnus from Optimus is an easy one. You could get Blaster and his tapes from Soundwave. And then Bruticus, Superion and Defensor wouldn't be a huge step from Menasor, as long as you don't have to animate all the separate transformers.

EDIT: I'm stupid enough to pay full price just for another 15 re-skins and a multiplayer arena.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

I really just want more game... also more enemies, I would have loved to fight the other Stunticons

Yes I think more enemies is the key. You already fight everyone at least twice.

That sequence where you fight the Constructicons 2 at a time was awesome, just do something similar for the Stunticons and Combaticons.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

The only problem with spectacle fighter horde mode multiplayer is getting in the way of other peoples combos. Also how would focus work? Like would it slow down the world for all allies? The hammer would be almost unusable without Focus.

World focus for all teammates would be crazy ridiculous but also probably annoying after a while, just drop focus. Something went wrong with my computer during the last battle with Megatron and the whole fight played out in slow motion, it was suitably epic. It's fun to watch yourself get slowly driven over by a tank.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I really just want to play as Soundwave or Blaster. Not sure how they would get around though. I guess you'd give them the ability to fly. It would require better level design though.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Has anyone managed to get a 100% treasure rating yet? I managed to get to like 91%.

Where do you see that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Yeah if you knock em prone quickly. Grab a hammer, slightly charge a heavy attack, you'll even smack Blitzwing and Megatron into the dirt. Then hit B/Circle/Interact button and Congrats the enemy is now your helpless bitch.

Like Blitzwing here. Hello Blitzwing.

Huh that's awesome. I had no idea what to do with those punt challenges. I was punching Decepticons into the walls but that doesn't seem to count.

• Locked thread