Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

Effectronica posted:

People are using psychiatry to begin with, so they can either know what the current understanding is, or offer an alternative.

Agreed. And some people are offering potential alternatives, or at least calling for a reduction in stigma in an attempt to increase the likelihood of further research being done. And others are calling for mass killings or castration (which seems to assume only men are pedophiles as well). Cause, ya know, moderation is a thing here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PaleIrishGuy posted:

Agreed. And some people are offering potential alternatives, or at least calling for a reduction in stigma in an attempt to increase the likelihood of further research being done. And others are calling for mass killings or castration (which seems to assume only men are pedophiles as well). Cause, ya know, moderation is a thing here...

The end result of research seems to be "how can we can greatly decrease pedophilia." But this is superfluous as we already know how to greatly decrease pedophilia: the castration, imprisonment and/or death of pedophiles. The only question here is how to gain a high degree of compliance with these mechanisms, which are unattractive to the individual pedophile. That is what we should be researching.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Tezzor posted:

The end result of research seems to be "how can we can greatly decrease pedophilia." But this is superfluous as we already know how to greatly decrease pedophilia: the castration, imprisonment and/or death of pedophiles. The only question here is how to gain a high degree of compliance with these mechanisms, which are unattractive to the individual pedophile. That is what we should be researching.

Should we cut someone's dick off if they have a hypnosis fetish? I mean, they have exactly as much ability to control or modify it as a pedophile does...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Effectronica posted:

Should we cut someone's dick off if they have a hypnosis fetish? I mean, they have exactly as much ability to control or modify it as a pedophile does...

we'd cut someone's liver out if it was cancerous and harmful to their ability to live, why not do the same with their sexuality?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Popular Thug Drink posted:

we'd cut someone's liver out if it was cancerous and harmful to their ability to live, why not do the same with their sexuality?

I mean, that wasn't a gotcha. If someone has an inability to control themselves or have healthy sexual relationships, it's preferable to have them live under induced asexuality if at all possible.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Tezzor posted:

Can you take your fetish for state sanctioned murder over to GiP? Or maybe Freep? There's actual grownup talk to be had on this thread and its not like you've said anything with merit.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Nevvy Z posted:

Can you take your fetish for state sanctioned murder over to GiP? Or maybe Freep? There's actual grownup talk to be had on this thread and its not like you've said anything with merit.

By grownup talk do you mean handwringing over appeals to nature, or crying about the stigma unfairly attached to being a broken freak who wants to rape children? I'm not sure where the maturity lies in refusal to do mean things that actually solve problems.

Tezzor fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 5, 2015

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Tezzor posted:

By grownup talk do you mean handwringing over the naturalistic fallacy, or crying about the stigma unfairly attached to being a broken freak who wants to rape children? I'm not sure where the maturity lies in refusal to do mean things that actually solve problems.

Unfortunately, we're required to be immature when it comes to you, Tezzor.

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

Popular Thug Drink posted:

See, the difference there is that we don't just cut out their liver.

Tezzor posted:

By grownup talk do you mean handwringing over appeals to nature, or crying about the stigma unfairly attached to being a broken freak who wants to rape children? I'm not sure where the maturity lies in refusal to do mean things that actually solve problems.

So, say we were to find a causative link between being the victim of child sexual abuse and becoming a perpetrator, would you be up for executing both parties at the same time? Hypothetically, of course. I'm just checking for moral consistency here.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PaleIrishGuy posted:

So, say we were to find a causative link between being the victim of child sexual abuse and becoming a perpetrator, would you be up for executing both parties at the same time? Hypothetically, of course. I'm just checking for moral consistency here.

He doesn't want to kill child abusers he wants to kill pedophiles.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PaleIrishGuy posted:

You seem to be making a comparison in that a pedophile may never molest children and a victim of abuse may never be an abuser. But the question isn't if every pedophile will molest children. Some may never have the opportunity. However, aside from some small number actively monitored in captivity, every pedophile has the constant opportunity to kill themselves. It is the easiest thing in the world. As long as this remains a free and easy option there is no sufficient excuse for their continued existence.

Tezzor fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 5, 2015

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Tezzor posted:

You seem to be making a comparison in that a pedophile may never molest children and a victim of abuse may never be an abuser. But the question isn't if every pedophile will molest children. Some may never have the opportunity. However, aside from some small number actively monitored in captivity, every pedophile has the constant opportunity to kill themselves. It is the easiest thing in the world. As long as this remains a free and easy option there is no sufficient excuse for their continued existence.

As a rule you don't punish people who haven't committed a crime.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

As a rule you don't punish people who haven't committed a crime.

Sure we do, if they have a medical condition that is sufficiently dangerous to others.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Tezzor posted:

Sure we do, if they have a medical condition that is sufficiently dangerous to others.

I don't think your plan would hold up in court.

I also don't think you're gonna get pedophiles to self identify considering the lovely scheme you've got planned for them. In fact they'd probably be even less reported than they are now.

Also it doesn't do anything to really prevent more pedophiles in the future, maybe, because it's not known whethe rit's an inborn trait or an acquired one, so you'd probably have to keep the system going in perpetuity.

Also, frankly, most kids don't end up getting diddled and most pedophiles don't actually diddle, so the rights of the kids to not get diddled by someone who probably isn't going to diddle them anyway are outweighed by the rights of the people who probably aren't going to diddle them to stay alive and keep their bodies intact.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't think your plan would hold up in court.

I also don't think you're gonna get pedophiles to self identify considering the lovely scheme you've got planned for them. In fact they'd probably be even less reported than they are now.

Also it doesn't do anything to really prevent more pedophiles in the future, maybe, because it's not known whethe rit's an inborn trait or an acquired one, so you'd probably have to keep the system going in perpetuity.

Also, frankly, most kids don't end up getting diddled and most pedophiles don't actually diddle, so the rights of the kids to not get diddled by someone who probably isn't going to diddle them anyway are outweighed by the rights of the people who probably aren't going to diddle them to stay alive and keep their bodies intact.

You seem to think that I would want to use carrots to get them to report their sickness. You're right that this would not work. I want to use sticks. Castration is the easy out you get for cooperating.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Tezzor posted:

You seem to think that I would want to use carrots to get them to report their sickness. You're right that this would not work. I want to use sticks. Castration is the easy out you get for cooperating.

Enjoy inspiring a civil war where the pedophiles are the good guys I guess.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I feel like your plan might do more harm than good, is what I'm saying. form a practical standpoint without even getting into the part where it's evil and despotic, which is another valid point of criticism.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Enjoy inspiring a civil war where the pedophiles are the good guys I guess.

You've been on the internet too long if you think "guys who want to gently caress kids" would be able to field a mighty army of sympathizers. In general public opinion as regards pedophiles I'm a liberal for offering them another option than death by torture.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Tezzor posted:

You've been on the internet too long if you think "guys who want to gently caress kids" would be able to field a mighty army of sympathizers. In general public opinion as regards pedophiles I'm a liberal for offering them another option than death by torture.

This entire thread has just become you masturbating over the idea of getting to kill/torture pedophiles, I don't really know how you can accuse anyone else of being on the internet too long. Your "liberal" solution to pedophilia requires rewriting the entire Constitution and throwing out things like "due process" and "protection from cruel and unusual punishment" for a problem that most other nations manage to work on without even having a death penalty.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Yeah you're a real humanitarian.

You know there's a lot of people who are a lot worse than pedophiles around. What body parts should we chop off to prevent people from becoming cops and senators?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

A lot of people in this thread make pedophiles seem like the same reasonable ones.

edit: thinking "We should enact widescale mdeath and mutilation against a population of majority non-offenders" is worse than thinking "Kids are hot"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DrProsek posted:

This entire thread has just become you masturbating over the idea of getting to kill/torture pedophiles, I don't really know how you can accuse anyone else of being on the internet too long. Your "liberal" solution to pedophilia requires rewriting the entire Constitution and throwing out things like "due process" and "protection from cruel and unusual punishment" for a problem that most other nations manage to work on without even having a death penalty.

It actually doesn't require rewriting anything. There's a long history -centuries old- of removing basic rights from people with dangerous medical conditions without their consent or having committed a crime. If "needing to break the law" is a requirement to you, there's any number of ways to make any pedophile in violation of some law or another. You however sympathize with pedophiles for whatever reason, and that is the genesis of your opposition, and not what is plausible.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

A lot of people in this thread make pedophiles seem like the same reasonable ones.

edit: thinking "We should enact widescale mdeath and mutilation against a population of majority non-offenders" is worse than thinking "Kids are hot"

Without getting into which is "worse" as that is of course a purely subjective assessment, one is actually a vastly more common and socially accepted sentiment, so much so in fact that the only place where it does not find near-complete agreement is amongst sniveling pedophile apologists on the internet.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Tezzor posted:

Without getting into which is "worse" as that is of course a purely subjective assessment, one is actually a vastly more common and socially accepted sentiment, so much so in fact that the only place where it does not find near-complete agreement is amongst sniveling pedophile apologists on the internet.

I don't know if your plan strictly meets the definition of genocide but it's definitely genocide adjacent and I'm impressed by the projection of inhumanity and bloodlust you convey in the guise of saving children. Kids are nice and all and I hope none gets raped but I don't think it's worth the amount of violation and suffering you think is ok.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robotnik Nudes posted:

No it isn't?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't know if your plan strictly meets the definition of genocide but it's definitely genocide adjacent and I'm impressed by the projection of inhumanity and bloodlust you convey in the guise of saving children. Kids are nice and all and I hope none gets raped but I don't think it's worth the amount of violation and suffering you think is ok.

It's definitely worth it.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Haha now you're calling genocide after your last empty threat of civil war fizzled out? k

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

If my demands are not met the war will begin and there will be kid loving in the streets.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I feel like we need a poll to see how people feel in re: Treatment/diversion vs Mass Death Event

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we are being honest, 99.9 would prefer mass level extinction event of pedophiles. Only in the backwards world of LF-lite would we have people actually defending then. Social justice for pedophiles, please!!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Black Baby Goku posted:

If we are being honest, 99.9 would prefer mass level extinction event of pedophiles. Only in the backwards world of LF-lite would we have people actually defending then. Social justice for pedophiles, please!!

Killing is good and I can only hope to have the opportunity to track you down and run a power drill through your skull and into your brain.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

If 99.99% of the world agrees with esteemed forums poster Black Baby Goku then poo poo's hosed and society is so wrong that literal child loving must be a sacrament.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Effectronica posted:

Killing is good and I can only hope to have the opportunity to track you down and run a power drill through your skull and into your brain.

Mods?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robotnik Nudes posted:

If 99.99% of the world agrees with esteemed forums poster Black Baby Goku then poo poo's hosed and society is so wrong that literal child loving must be a sacrament.
:D

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

So it's OK to want to kill people, so long as you don't have the balls to admit that it involves the whole icky violence thing where you beat someone to an undifferentiated pulp of tissue and blood with a claw hammer until they die from blood loss and shock.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Effectronica posted:

So it's OK to want to kill people, so long as you don't have the balls to admit that it involves the whole icky violence thing where you beat someone to an undifferentiated pulp of tissue and blood with a claw hammer until they die from blood loss and shock.

The difference being, I don't gently caress children.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Black Baby Goku posted:

On the other hand, your posts in this thread have indicated that you are, in your own mind, as likely to commit the crime of rape as a pedophile is to molest a child. So as a consequence, there's actually plenty of justification to kill you horrifically.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
This is an enjoyable debate with lots of good points on both sides but I agree with the side that thinks that kids are not hot and we should enact widescale mdeath and mutilation against a population of majority non-offenders.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

a bay posted:

This is an enjoyable debate with lots of good points on both sides but I agree with the side that thinks that kids are not hot and we should enact widescale mdeath and mutilation against a population of majority non-offenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Black Baby Goku posted:

That we know of. The Goku doth protest too much.

• Locked thread