Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Isn't that the guy that it also came out talks about volunteering to be a kids' art teacher and talks about how great is is that he has multiple friendly little girls hugging him and all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nevvy Z posted:

I know this quote is colored by the context of the thread but there are thousands (millions? I don't know the numbers) of people who work in preschools, daycares, schools, etc that are going to vehemently disagree.

I like working with kids, I did some work at a school in my old home and had a bunch of super over eager and hyper kids running around and some did indeed hug me (spoiler: it was when I brought out food or toys). It indeed was nice because kids' energy is infectious so it made doing grunt work and all a bit nicer to be doing it for people who were super happy about it.

If someone in my group doing that was making sure only little girls hugged him and getting super into it I would hope that the rest of us would beat his rear end. There's a wiiiide gap between 'd'aw you're a friendly kid' and 'AW YEA LITTLE GIRL HUG ME I'M SO CLOSE' and the latter generally makes life harder for everyone else working with kids because, ya know, parents tend to not be super jazzed to put their kids at risk for being some fuckstick's tool to get off (but he's not molesting them, it's cool, he's a hero really)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Caros posted:

It is sexual preference in partners over which one has no control. The fact that there is a practical outlet for homosexuality doesn't make the comparison invalid. Hell if anything the comparison is just as strong because until just recently social views held that homosexuality was nearly as immoral as pedophillia in that you could go to jail for butt stuff.

If you go back a couple of centuries it was totally unacceptable to be homosexual but pretty openly accepted to be banging a twelve old.

Pedophiles should be shut the gently caress down for the exact issue you bring up, consent, but to say that we can't compare one inborn sexual preference to another simply because we as a society consider the other immoral seems like it's the same sort of argument that could have been made against gays in the first place.

It's almost like there's an inherent difference between a sexual attraction to other consenting adults and one to children regardless of past social paradigms.

Like, yea, at one time gays were called as bad as pedophiles, poo poo we still are a lot, that doesn't magically make us brothers in arms. At one time a black dude whistling at a white woman could get lynched, but if some dude wolf whistles my little cousin I'm pretty ok with him walking out of that with a busted jaw. Past bigotries being hosed up and wrong doesn't change basic poo poo like 'wanting to gently caress a child is probably objectively a wrong thing'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

Is there any state in the West/Developed world that does actually offer non-offending Pedophiles the chance to come forward and seek treatment/counseling without punishing/jailing the individual? Like I feel as if the high concentration of Pedophiles on line comes more from them having severe mental issues from abuse or social ostracization than just a tendency of "nerds" to be Pedo's.

I think Germany has/had something where if you go to a shrink and say 'I'm sexually attracted to kids, I've never acted on it and it's causing me problems' you get help and all, but really then if people want to do the 'well the gays...' thing we've pretty well shown you can't repress someone's sexuality and that ends well for them, so I'm really not sure on what the data and poo poo around programs like that shows.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It feels like if there was some level of Real Talk to be had about pedos it wouldn't be in a thread based around now two clickbait articles where a pedophile says that actually everyone who doesn't like him is the monster and liberals have a duty to accept him 100% without question. Also he may be a dude who works as an art teacher, talks about his 'little girl friends' and how great it is when they hug and squeeze him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Robotnik Nudes posted:

seriously no jokes, why not just have the government subsidize the manufacture and purchase of underage looking realdolls for pedos willing to fess up to it? Therapy is kind of a dumb idea as a solution. It might ease things a little bit but you can't therapize away their impuses so just buy them a gently caress doll. It would save money and trauma to kids in the long run.

I mena obviously no society would ever fund such a thing so its a pipe dream, but oh well. Eventually when the sex robots come (quite soon) I imagine governments will make the underage ones illegal out for "the children" but you know, I doubt pedos enjoy children for the conversation.

Because normalizing sex with children is probably a bad idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The core thing is the reason some goonlord copping a feel at yoga isn't representitive of a greater problem with his entire community (straight people, it is a greater problem in the general 'we should stop treating women like poo poo' sense) is because at his base level his urge is to gently caress a woman. This guy, even if he wasn't mega creep supreme, has the base urge of wanting to gently caress a child. A woman can consent to sex, goonlord should find one of those and have some nice consensual sex and that will probably help him not be such a scumbag. This guy can't find a kid who can magically consent to sex, so he represents a different kind of issue, and it's really disingenuous to compare the two.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

The trouble with that is that it suggests the only thing stopping all men from being rapists is that they have consensual sex, rather than because they think rape is bad.

Which I think is possibly not true, or at least I would very much like to believe it is not true.

Truga posted:

And she can also not, and yet there isn't a flood of news about those drat 90% straight men raping women all the time. What's the difference when someone doesn't and someone can't consent? A rape is a rape.

My point is that the base concept of sexualities here is different, where one involves a human being that has the ability to consent to sex at some point in some hypothetical, and one involves one that cannot. The reason there's not news about rapists all the time (except for all the times there are I guess) is because we don't have people going 'you know, rapists are bad, but the problem is they literally can't help but want to rape'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

There are people who say that though? And they're loving abhorrent?

Also there's the whole concept of rape culture which suggests that a significant portion of rape occurs because it is normalized, which points to a social cause for rape, and suggests that rape can be reduced or even eliminated for the most part by better social conditioning to get it into people's heads that, whatever they might want and whatever ifs or buts they might try to weasel in there, rape is unacceptable.

Ok I'm not sure if I'm not being clear here or what.

People, in this thread and elsewhere, say that these people are hardwired like any other sexuality. The problem with that is if that's the case then pretty much nothing will work for them sexually other than sexualizing children and that's probably not an awesome idea.

No one, other than I guess absolute lunatics, have claimed that rape is a sexual orientation, and the literal only way someone can enjoy sex without having a whole host of other mental illnesses is to rape someone. I'm not somehow arguing that rape culture doesn't exist or whatever, I'm saying there isn't anyone who matters making a case that a rapist literally has no choice in wanting to rape people and only rape people.

• Locked thread