Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

OwlFancier posted:

Study and research on them, their lives, their brains, their genetics, their psychology, can help to identify why paedophilia exists and why people feel able to commit child rape, with a view to finding preventative measures for both.

Shooting them doesn't really do any of that.

The considered response to a recurring problem should not be to keep shoving it under the rug, it should be to figure out why it keeps recurring.

What if after all that we confirm what we basically already understand, which is that they are inherently broken and there's nothing short of eugenics that is going to stop them from existing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

OwlFancier posted:

I don't believe there is generally much medical reason to do that while people are alive.

Then we engage in eugenics like we do for other genetically transmissible conditions?

I'm not sure "inherently broken" is much of a diagnosis though.

Well what about the people who don't get the tests or don't want to abort their futurepedo fetus for whatever reason? And even if we get 100% compliance tomorrow there will be already-existing pedos running around for decades.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
A more productive topic of conversation than figuring out why they are like this is figuring out what is the most ethical way to achieve a high compliance rate on their castration. This is a relatively minor procedure which immediately and nonlethally solves the problem forever. It's silly that we don't make its implementation the default assumption.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Shortest Path posted:

That doesn't really solve any problem. Castration doesn't eliminate sexual urges, and penetration isn't the only way to sexually assault a child.

Castration severely deadens sexual urges. If it proves insufficient in practice we can try it in conjunction with pharmacology.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PaleIrishGuy posted:

Agreed. And some people are offering potential alternatives, or at least calling for a reduction in stigma in an attempt to increase the likelihood of further research being done. And others are calling for mass killings or castration (which seems to assume only men are pedophiles as well). Cause, ya know, moderation is a thing here...

The end result of research seems to be "how can we can greatly decrease pedophilia." But this is superfluous as we already know how to greatly decrease pedophilia: the castration, imprisonment and/or death of pedophiles. The only question here is how to gain a high degree of compliance with these mechanisms, which are unattractive to the individual pedophile. That is what we should be researching.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Nevvy Z posted:

Can you take your fetish for state sanctioned murder over to GiP? Or maybe Freep? There's actual grownup talk to be had on this thread and its not like you've said anything with merit.

By grownup talk do you mean handwringing over appeals to nature, or crying about the stigma unfairly attached to being a broken freak who wants to rape children? I'm not sure where the maturity lies in refusal to do mean things that actually solve problems.

Tezzor fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 5, 2015

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PaleIrishGuy posted:

See, the difference there is that we don't just cut out their liver.

So, say we were to find a causative link between being the victim of child sexual abuse and becoming a perpetrator, would you be up for executing both parties at the same time? Hypothetically, of course. I'm just checking for moral consistency here.

You seem to be making a comparison in that a pedophile may never molest children and a victim of abuse may never be an abuser. But the question isn't if every pedophile will molest children. Some may never have the opportunity. However, aside from some small number actively monitored in captivity, every pedophile has the constant opportunity to kill themselves. It is the easiest thing in the world. As long as this remains a free and easy option there is no sufficient excuse for their continued existence.

Tezzor fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 5, 2015

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

As a rule you don't punish people who haven't committed a crime.

Sure we do, if they have a medical condition that is sufficiently dangerous to others.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't think your plan would hold up in court.

I also don't think you're gonna get pedophiles to self identify considering the lovely scheme you've got planned for them. In fact they'd probably be even less reported than they are now.

Also it doesn't do anything to really prevent more pedophiles in the future, maybe, because it's not known whethe rit's an inborn trait or an acquired one, so you'd probably have to keep the system going in perpetuity.

Also, frankly, most kids don't end up getting diddled and most pedophiles don't actually diddle, so the rights of the kids to not get diddled by someone who probably isn't going to diddle them anyway are outweighed by the rights of the people who probably aren't going to diddle them to stay alive and keep their bodies intact.

You seem to think that I would want to use carrots to get them to report their sickness. You're right that this would not work. I want to use sticks. Castration is the easy out you get for cooperating.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Enjoy inspiring a civil war where the pedophiles are the good guys I guess.

You've been on the internet too long if you think "guys who want to gently caress kids" would be able to field a mighty army of sympathizers. In general public opinion as regards pedophiles I'm a liberal for offering them another option than death by torture.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DrProsek posted:

This entire thread has just become you masturbating over the idea of getting to kill/torture pedophiles, I don't really know how you can accuse anyone else of being on the internet too long. Your "liberal" solution to pedophilia requires rewriting the entire Constitution and throwing out things like "due process" and "protection from cruel and unusual punishment" for a problem that most other nations manage to work on without even having a death penalty.

It actually doesn't require rewriting anything. There's a long history -centuries old- of removing basic rights from people with dangerous medical conditions without their consent or having committed a crime. If "needing to break the law" is a requirement to you, there's any number of ways to make any pedophile in violation of some law or another. You however sympathize with pedophiles for whatever reason, and that is the genesis of your opposition, and not what is plausible.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

A lot of people in this thread make pedophiles seem like the same reasonable ones.

edit: thinking "We should enact widescale mdeath and mutilation against a population of majority non-offenders" is worse than thinking "Kids are hot"

Without getting into which is "worse" as that is of course a purely subjective assessment, one is actually a vastly more common and socially accepted sentiment, so much so in fact that the only place where it does not find near-complete agreement is amongst sniveling pedophile apologists on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't know if your plan strictly meets the definition of genocide but it's definitely genocide adjacent and I'm impressed by the projection of inhumanity and bloodlust you convey in the guise of saving children. Kids are nice and all and I hope none gets raped but I don't think it's worth the amount of violation and suffering you think is ok.

Haha now you're calling genocide after your last empty threat of civil war fizzled out? k

• Locked thread