Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
aw man I thought we were going to get a full Mike&Ike episode. Strike Team on NZT having a boys night out is about the only thing that could make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think they are positioning Morra to be a bad guy or at least morally gray, and appearing to be the bad guy before some sort of redemption moment. Morra becoming a cold hearted bad guy would be interesting, it would sort of start a countdown to when Brian starts becoming like that. I'd start questioning when he does something uncharacteristic, like is it from the NZT or is it because he is less connected with other humans?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

Idunno, there's Mike and Ike.

I mean, they're not shown to actually be incompetent, they just haven't really had a chance to be competent yet?

I thought Mike was super competent and top of his class, but Ike was a screwup who barely made the academy. I think they mentioned that one episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

Right, but they haven't actually done anything in the show, for the most part. We're told that Mike is a great agent and chafing at having to babysit Brian, but that's all the character has done so far.
Yeah it has been a bit of tell, not show. But Ike also took a bullet for Mike, which makes me believe Ike knows he isn't as good and wants to prove himself. Or maybe he thought that the team could go on without him, but not Mike, which is :smith:

also Ike probably wore the cardigan under the leather jacket, or vice versa

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Feenix posted:

Just as a general "progressiveness of basic network morals" thing, I'm actually pretty impressed with not only repeatedly showing a bong this season, but having him treat it as more than a "this was my old life " background prop, and even them calling it a bong out loud.

[Edit] also I feel like last night's gimmick was interesting in that it actually allowed them to speak on some fairly gross subject matter. "Cuddle them with their own unicorn" is a ~haunting~ phrase.

actually used it too, it wasn't just set dressing to show how aloof he is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now that CBS/CW are crossing over Flash and Supergirl, can we get a Limitless/Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover? I want to see her cartoon machinations encounter his.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wolpertinger posted:

Batman on NZT would be exactly the same, because batman already has bullshit super genius and super preparedness and can speak a hundred languages and can effortlessly defeat the most powerful beings in the universe with his amazing genius.

Yeah but Batman on NZT might be able to say to himself "We're a 40 year old man who should have started seeing a psychiatrist 30 years ago. This method of grief management is incredibly ineffective and quite frankly we should be embarrassed it took 30 god drat years, eventually needing to build ourself an exoskeleton to make up for the shortcomings of this ruined body before we realized it."

Then stubborn-iron-will himself into doing nothing about it until the drug wore off and he could go back to doing his thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Air is lava! posted:

"That guy who came into the secret safe house in the middle of the night, claimed to be from the FBI, was close to dying and refused to go to a hospital? Yeah, just an old friend of mine. Afterwards we just spend some time together doing nonmurdery stuff. Nevermind him. No I don't recall his name, sorry. So, what's for lunch?"

Yeah, he's not getting out of that one so easily. Rachel really betrayed him when she gossiped that arround after he explicitly told her not to do that under any circumstances. I'm really not a fan of his family. They are supposed to anchor him to reality, but instead they are asking him to commit treason, just to make themselves feel involved.

Yeah its "realistic" with the family being concerned he is on mystery drugs, but we were NOT given any reason at all to see anything from their perspective so it just comes off as a big wrench in the works. Especially when it seemed like his dad, though not cool with it, sort of 'gets' it a bit.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Democratic Pirate posted:

Was Brian ever on anything harder than pot before he got on NZT?

Not shown specifically, but just judging by the personality I imagine he's tried the 'fun' stuff like mushrooms and maybe ecstasy. As far as the show is concerned he is just a stoner.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nice attention to detail you could barely even read the box, but Brian got the Canadians Tim Hortons donuts.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmbo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was incredibly impressed with their ability to not only keep Morra around, but not have him be lacking OR wearing out his welcome. A really good balance there, and I hope he sticks around as a character and not just EP if the show jumps networks.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
well thats loving retarded. i know sucking is basically their brand at this point but god drat, they really dont want anybody under 50 watching their poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SLOSifl posted:

It was so good. What the gently caress. Need to make room for NCIS Baseball Crimes?

the money was used to hire a staff of attorneys who specialize in sex abuse cases. Sounds like the makings of their next show but it's just part and parcel of launching a new star trek series.

• Locked thread