Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poshphil
Jun 17, 2005

I have an issue whereby a load of TAP-Windows Adapter V9 & TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS keep appearing in my network connections/device manager. I've searched around and most of the the solutions seem to relate to openVPN, which I don't have. I think they started appearing after I installed Avast, and it looks like there are some posts around this. I've tried turning off the Secureline bit which it seems to be related to, and also tried uninstalling Avast.

I can uninstall the adapters from device manager, but they just come back over time. I think I got up to about 30 at one point.

Before I give up and just reinstall windows, has anyone got any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Are you SURE Avast has been completely uninstalled? Do you have any other non-Microsoft antivirus or security programs installed? If so uninstall them.

• Locked thread