Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Jethro Tull's steel tipped plow ability is no match for tungsten carbide man, also everyone always thinks he's named after a progressive rock band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

joke_explainer posted:

Bosch: Yes... it's working! By compressing the air and utilizing a catalyst, we are able to turn air into nitrogen fertilizer!

Haber: The possibilities are endless! However, the use I am most excited about is not the drastic increase in farmland that will allow the Earth to support billions of more people than it would be able to otherwise... No, I'm super excited about using that nitrogen to make bombs in a huge rear end World War. Also, I hope I get to use my chemistry knowledge to gas thousands of soldiers in this massive war. That would rule -- even if my wife shoots herself in the heart with my revolver because of it. Because I am Fritz Haber! The most evil man on earth! This is what I look like! Buahaha:

Fritz Haber's life is interesting af

alnilam

Thomas Midgely, inventor of CFCs and leaded gasoline, invented a system of ropes and pulleys to help him get out of bed when post polio syndrome started to kill his legs.

Onlooker: you've gone too far Midgley, this bed system will be your undoing!!

Weeks later, Midgley, dying tangled up in his intention: no... noooo!!!

alnilam

alnilam posted:

Thomas Midgely, inventor of CFCs and leaded gasoline, invented a system of ropes and pulleys to help him get out of bed when post polio syndrome started to kill his legs.

Onlooker: you've gone too far Midgley, this bed system will be your undoing!!

Weeks later, Midgley, dying tangled up in his intention: no... noooo!!!

This is a real life story btw

• Locked thread