Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can't see vine at work, but I assume you're talking about getting 2/3 of the way through a front flip before being touched?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
^^ Bingo

Febreeze posted:

Fells is a better TE than Donnell, Larry Donnell can't catch a loving ball or hold onto a ball when he does catch it, everytime he touches it I wince and await the sweet embrace of death. Last night he caught a pass and did the weirdest move I've ever seen anyone do when expecting contact. https://vine.co/v/exm2XrtP73F

This. I can not at all understand why Donnell is the starter. Fells does absolutely everything a tight end needs to do better than Donnell does. And he can actually block. The only things Donnell might have over Fells is reach and possibly speed. But because Fells actually knows how to play football, he does a better job at getting open, catching, and running with the ball, so its not like it even matters.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

axeil posted:

Aw thank you.

Didn't you used to have an av? What happened to that?

I honestly think projecting 7 wins for the division winner is being a bit too bullish on the East. I wanna see a 6-10 winner and if it's not the Eagles I want it to be the Giants and have them win the Super Bowl. Again.

Nah, haven't bought one yet. I'm considering some kind of Chip Kelly av one with the text "As life gets longer, awful feels softer" from a Modest Mouse song. The problem is that text is probably more applicable to Jerry Jones or Tom Coughlin.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can't see vine at work, but I assume you're talking about getting 2/3 of the way through a front flip before being touched?

Yeah, it was that. It's like he wasn't expecting to hold on and his circuits blew and he just malfunctioned

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Febreeze posted:

Last night he caught a pass and did the weirdest move I've ever seen anyone do when expecting contact. https://vine.co/v/exm2XrtP73F
This is what happens in football on Xbox and I hit the 'dive' button on accident :(

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Brannigans Law posted:

Nah, haven't bought one yet. I'm considering some kind of Chip Kelly av one with the text "As life gets longer, awful feels softer" from a Modest Mouse song. The problem is that text is probably more applicable to Jerry Jones or Tom Coughlin.

Kelly's law is like Kelly's love: hard and fast!

With a gif of Eagles screwing up, or possibly of good players banished to Siberia

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My boys gave me hope for one week. Then poo poo the bed. Cool.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Giants have a history of "getting it right" against the Redskins. I mean, that's what professional organizations do when the JV team comes to town.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

How many years do we have to do the Redskins kickstarting the Giants early in the season for the pattern to be recognized? There was no way they were winning last night.

Playing so badly, that was just a lovely bonus. Thanks DC sports teams!

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Special teams has continued to be a problem for years thanks to the consistent roster mismanagement. Even if Scot has full authority on the roster it's going to take years to build up.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Parlett316 posted:

Special teams has continued to be a problem for years thanks to the consistent roster mismanagement. Even if Scot has full authority on the roster it's going to take years to build up.

Ol' Danny Boy will fire him after 2 years so it's not like it matters

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

@MichaelDavSmith
Kirk Cousins: 23 career interceptions in 514 pass attempts. JaMarcus Russell: 23 career interceptions in 680 pass attempts.

Favre had 23 interceptions in his first 623 attempts. So I guess he was worse than Russell.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah cause that's a logical connection to make.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Favre's probably the best QB that also had severe and occasionally crippling and game-ending traits that no one really wanted to get mad about

So it checks out

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It was all part of his charm.

Like the mole on Cindy Crawford.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

yeah cause that's a logical connection to make.

The point is that it's kinda stupid to judge any QB on one or two season's worth of pass attempts.

The exceptions are few and far between, like someone who is just insanely good (see: Rodgers) or someone who is insanely bad (see: Russell)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 26, 2015

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Fenrir posted:

The point is that it's kinda stupid to judge any QB on one or two season's worth of pass attempts.

Yeah but they're both on the Redskins though so I'll let the stat slide

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Cousins is bad

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fenrir posted:

The exceptions are few and far between, like someone who is just insanely good (see: Rodgers) or someone who is insanely bad (see: Russell)

On the other hand, those stats and comparisons are really really funny and

Lessail posted:

Cousins is bad

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

Cousins is bad

I'm not even sure about "bad" ... I'd say below average definitely, but in a NFL where Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Clausen, Jameis Winston and Tyrod Taylor are starting QBs...

I mean, what is "bad" now? You've got established QBs, sure, but Marcus Mariota has better numbers than Andy Dalton and Alex Smith (not that it was such a high bar to hop over)

There will never be enough QBs for all the teams to have a good one. It's just too difficult a position. It might be the most difficult role to play in any team sport.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lessail posted:

Cousins is bad

Cousins would have even more picks but like 3 were dropped last week. Dude is trash.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

Cousins would have even more picks but like 3 were dropped last week. Dude is trash.

He's really bad and if the Rams hadn't dropped those INTs, they wouldn't have lost. Point being, he's still not the worst even out of current NFL starting QBs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

We have seen cousins' cieling. It's so low a midget would hit his head on it. Dude is inaccurate, makes horrible decisions, has zero pocket presence and zero scrambling ability.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fenrir posted:

He's really bad and if the Rams hadn't dropped those INTs, they wouldn't have lost. Point being, he's still not the worst even out of current NFL starting QBs.

That's pretty debatable.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Fenrir posted:

I'm not even sure about "bad" ... I'd say below average definitely, but in a NFL where Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Clausen, Jameis Winston and Tyrod Taylor are starting QBs...

Hmmmm.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

TubeStank posted:

That's pretty debatable.

Are we counting Pickles?

e: we are. Pickles is worst. Cousins is second worst.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

That's pretty debatable.
Ryan Mallett. Tyrod Taylor. Sam Bradford. Jimmy Clausen. All of them will start a game, most have already.

I'd take Cousins over that whole list. Maybe I'd lose but who among those would win a game that Cousins couldn't?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mallet is only playing because Hoyer was so bad, Pickles is playing purely because of Cutler's injury, Winston is a rookie so shouldn't be included, and Taylor is below average so far but not a total tire fire. I would take any of them over Cousins. We know what he can do and it ain't much outside of having one of the highest int rates of all time.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I never said Winston is going to be horrible forever, but he is a rookie who has struggled.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Fenrir posted:

I never said Winston is going to be horrible forever, but he is a rookie who has struggled.

He just won NFC rookie of the week last week.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fenrir posted:

It's week loving 3.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am shocked the guy who makes bad posts is continuing to make bad posts while arguing nobody knows what bad is

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

It's week loving 3.

Exactly. He might turn into amazing, or he might turn to poo poo. It's waaaaay too early to know which yet, but when it's week 3 with a rookie I lean toward the bad, because even the best QBs ever don't necessarily do well their first year. (see: Peyton Manning, 1998)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Winston is already better than cousins! We have seen that he is dogshit molded into a qb! Winston is a rapist that may bust yet but he's has a cieling that is far higher than cousins.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fenrir posted:

Winston is going to be horrible forever

God willing

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

Winston is already better than cousins! We have seen that he is dogshit molded into a qb! Winston is a rapist that may bust yet but he's has a cieling that is far higher than cousins.
Okaaaaaaaay, then why did the Redskins beat the Rams by, like a lot? Cousins threw almost a perfect game with only 4 incompletions and no picks.

Yeah Cousins isn't that good but I mean, who does that against the Rams?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
23/27 with over 200 yards and no picks is no bullshit.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Pretty much everyone except the Seahawks.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Fenrir posted:

He was good last week, and bad his first week. Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Fenrir posted:

Okaaaaaaaay, then why did the Redskins beat the Rams by, like a lot? Cousins threw almost a perfect game with only 4 incompletions and no picks.

It's the Rams, NFL's bipolar team.

Kirk Cousins is fuckin' garbage and backup tier at best.

I'd take current backup Derek Anderson over Kirk Cousins.

• Locked thread