Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Yeah Cousins isn't that good but I mean, who does that against the Rams?

I'm gonna put this out there, but several QBs last year alone had good games against the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fenrir posted:

23/27 with over 200 yards and no picks is no bullshit.

He would have had multiple picks were they not totally airmailed drops dude.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'd take McCoy over Cousins.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Also that is the definition of a dink and dunk statline. 200 yards off of 27 attempts ain't good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The only qb that I wouldn't take over Cousins is Brandon loving Weeden

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Don't worry Redskins, there's always Connor Cook!

Speaking of Connor Cook, how good was Cousins's line when at MSU? I know Cook's is really good. I remember that game against Wisconsin Cousins looked really good

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

TubeStank posted:

Also that is the definition of a dink and dunk statline. 200 yards off of 27 attempts ain't good.

:siren:NITPICK ALERT:siren:

7.4 YPA is pretty okay. As you mentioned before, though, his statline doesn't reflect the dropped INTs and the Rams are still the Rams until further notice

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012
Cousins is trash. He has no pocket awareness and awful footwork. Combine that with an inability to throw on the run and suspect composure, I'm not even certain he's an average NFL backup. He doesn't even pass the eye test and even Phil Simms, noted bad QB apologist, called him flat out bad.

The guy will straight up lose you games unless your run game is so strong that you can consistently churn out 4.5 YPC or better against 8 in the box.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

My god Leaf was amazingly bad. He doesn't make Jamarcus look good but there's really no argument about who was worse.

Off topic, but is there anyone that flamed out as quickly and profoundly as Ryan Leaf? I was watching some old ESPN broadcasts the other day and they were debating the merits of Leaf and Manning before the draft and :lol:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you know who's good? pretty good? that's right folks it's Andy Dalton.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I agree he is good and not bad.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Would you say he's ELITE?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It just hit me how relieved I am that this conversation isn't about Christian Ponder.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Its pretty funny that cousins is able to spark as much of a controversy after one week of being bad. How many weeks of eli sucking rear end would it take to turn on him? Just curious

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

shiksa posted:

Its pretty funny that cousins is able to spark as much of a controversy after one week of being bad. How many weeks of eli sucking rear end would it take to turn on him? Just curious

Well, I think the point here is that Cousins has actually been bad, quite a bit, whereas Eli Manning has: two Superbowl wins and several good seasons of play

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

^^^ this, basically

shiksa posted:

Eli always has the benefit of having done good things at more than one point in time. Even if he craters and takes the New Meadowlands with him it will always be about what he is at the time and not who he is overall.

Also is anyone other than Fenrir saying Cousins is more than the second or third worst current starting QB?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

No. Except maybe jay gruden

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna have to go to Virginia and coach the team. Put the team on my back.

Why the gently caress did we pass it 50 times, when the running game has been the strong point?!?!?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm gonna have to go to Virginia and coach the team. Put the team on my back.

Why the gently caress did we pass it 50 times, when the running game has been the strong point?!?!?

Because the running game was ineffective and the Giants were concentrating on it

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I guess down 0-12 nothing at the end of the 1st they decided to abandon it. I wish they would have kept with it a bit more.

But are secondary was no match for there WR corp.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

But are secondary was no match for there WR corp.

Now I'm glad Washington lost

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ I wasn't saying he's elite, or even good. Fairly sure I said "he isn't that good" ... but you could do a lost worse. I mean look at what the Bears are about to put at QB this week.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

It's true. He's a good quarterback.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Yaws posted:

Off topic, but is there anyone that flamed out as quickly and profoundly as Ryan Leaf? I was watching some old ESPN broadcasts the other day and they were debating the merits of Leaf and Manning before the draft and :lol:

That one guy who the Raiders drafted, oh christ why can't I remember his name. The guy who was basically a test tube QB, and ended up going nuts once he got out of mom and dad's house.

Aha. Todd Marinovich. He was supposed to be the perfect QB. He imploded almost immediately. In less than 3 years he burned himself out of both the NFL and CFL.

e: Also he was drafted ahead of Brett Favre.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 26, 2015

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
RG3 is probably going down as one of the biggest bust of all time.

I loved it. Wash over me.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I always thought he would bust but I also always hoped I'd be wrong about that. :sigh:

I wanted him to be good but I remember thinking he was a more fragile version of Vick, and without the cannon arm. Basically he'd be awesome until the hit that destroyed him... and welp... that's kinda what happened :sigh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

korrandark posted:

Would you say he's ELITE?

yeah

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

No. RG3 had at least one very good season and doesn't appear to be addicted to cough syrup or food. The new CBA prevents the ludicrous contracts some of the other busts had as well.

He's also not out of the league yet and while I'm not optimistic, there's a sliver of a chance he could revitalize his career with a fresh start somewhere.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fenrir posted:

Jesus christ I wasn't saying he's elite, or even good. Fairly sure I said "he isn't that good" ... but you could do a lost worse. I mean look at what the Bears are about to put at QB this week.

the bears don't really have an option though

because fales sucks even worse than pickles

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He still has a chance I guess.

But if you look at what we gave up to acquire him then yeah. Pay scale don't mean poo poo to me.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

He still has a chance I guess.

But if you look at what we gave up to acquire him then yeah. Pay scale don't mean poo poo to me.

Put in that context yeah it's a pretty big bust for the Redskins franchise. As far as all time there are worse, and you still actually have a halfway decent roster despite that trade!

In a league so hungry for QBs I have no doubt somebody is going to give him a chance next year. He'll probably still end up a back up, but you never know.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Cowboys' mascot became a real boy! :unsmith:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

TubeStank posted:

the bears don't really have an option though

excuse me but

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Should've signed Rex Grossman.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
RG3 will definitely start somewhere else.Thinking Bears, Texans, Cowboys, Saints, Eagles, Cardinals, and hell probably the Browns would give him a few games to make something happen.

Also, he's not really a bust-bust like Russel or Leaf, more of a broken-bust like Couch or Carr.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Jamarcus Russell was bad it led to the creation of a rookie pay scale

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Getting a good season out of him means RG3 will never be an ELITE bust. :smug:

Plus he was maybe literally crippled by his team so he'll always get some sympathy, whereas Leaf was just a huge douchebag and later an actual criminal.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TubeStank posted:

We have seen cousins' cieling. It's so low a midget would hit his head on it.

I have the lumps to prove this

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Filthy Casual posted:

Should've signed Rex Grossman.

It makes me sad that there are at least a half-dozen teams that should have signed Grossman, but no one did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Grossman is done, he lacked the arm strength to release anything in 2011

• Locked thread