Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ozu posted:

@OptimumScouting
Reviewed Bradford's game vs NYJ. Decisions/timing were bad, but overall ball placement far worse. Such a stark difference from training camp

Hot take from a scouting twitter, QBs are more accurate in training camp than regular season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Chilichimp posted:

For a 3rd? WTF?

Is he done, or something? I thought he was the truth.

nah you're thinking of Paul Pierce

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ehud posted:

imagine Andy Dalton playing behind the Dolphins' offensive line and trying to pass basically every down lol

Imagine the Bengals being coached by Philbin

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

imagine Andy Dalton playing behind the Dolphins' offensive line and trying to pass basically every down lol
Look just let me have this right now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would not trade my quarterback for anyone though I would advise others to choose Mr. Tannehill. thank You

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
i cant wait for andy to take off his human mask and reveal the writhing mass of stupid maggots underneath. do they play the browns again on thursday night? a good time as any imo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Notable Dom X posted:

i cant wait for andy to take off his human mask and reveal the writhing mass of stupid maggots underneath. do they play the browns again on thursday night? a good time as any imo

Was it a MNF or TNF game in Cinci wherethe Browns housed Dalton was so bad that it was like 35-0 in the 3rd?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

*clears throat, steps up to the microphone* andy dalton

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Dolphins fans: Do you lay any of the blame on your man Tannehill?

I've said it in other threads, but he's not really the problem. If he was a top 5 QB maybe he could make a few more plays, but basically everything is wrong with the dolphins right now from top to bottom. Bad management, bad coaching, a lack of enthusiasm etc. and pair that with two of the shittiest guards in the league and an injury prone Brandon Albert, no running game, and only 1 uninjured tight end, and you get the equivalent of that Japanese festival where they slaughter dolphins on the docks and the sea runs red with blood. Oh and they also traded away their best receivers.

Then there's the defense. Everyone I talked to preseason said Suh was an expensive mistake and what they need is offensive linemen. And what about the secondary?

Anyway, you can't have a team like this an expect your "blossoming QB" to blossom. Toward the end of the jags game it was obvious he was playing hurt. He'll probably end up in a wheelchair before the end of the season, and Philbin will still try to start him and Lazor will only call pass plays. "Tannywheels" will become a literal thing. That is my prediction thank you and good day sirs.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was it a MNF or TNF game in Cinci wherethe Browns housed Dalton was so bad that it was like 35-0 in the 3rd?

it was tnf and it was good. there is a video of all of his incompletions and picks set to classical music

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

*clears throat, steps up to the microphone* andy dalton

Nice meltdown.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Azhais posted:

Imagine the Bengals being coached by Philbin

Dont do that to Cinci. Nobody deserves that thought.

I mean holy poo poo whens the last time you saw a video breakdown of terrible coaching decisions that even announcers are ripping on your team?

Everyone who has a clue about football is laughing at the Miami Dolphins for having such terrible plays.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I've said it in other threads, but he's not really the problem. If he was a top 5 QB maybe he could make a few more plays, but basically everything is wrong with the dolphins right now from top to bottom. Bad management, bad coaching, a lack of enthusiasm etc. and pair that with two of the shittiest guards in the league and an injury prone Brandon Albert, no running game, and only 1 uninjured tight end, and you get the equivalent of that Japanese festival where they slaughter dolphins on the docks and the sea runs red with blood. Oh and they also traded away their best receivers.

Then there's the defense. Everyone I talked to preseason said Suh was an expensive mistake and what they need is offensive linemen. And what about the secondary?

Anyway, you can't have a team like this an expect your "blossoming QB" to blossom. Toward the end of the jags game it was obvious he was playing hurt. He'll probably end up in a wheelchair before the end of the season, and Philbin will still try to start him and Lazor will only call pass plays. "Tannywheels" will become a literal thing. That is my prediction thank you and good day sirs.

Tannehill really cant complaint about his receivers. A majority of his missteps have been on him. I mean, Kenny Stills was open for a 50 yard touchdown if he wasn't overthrown by 10 yards in our very first possession. Then suddenly everyone is like OH BABY LOOK AT THAT TRADE!!

But sadly, nope. He missed it. Jennings has been complete trash, but our receivers are definitely showing some skills. Im very happy with Jordan Cameron, Parker, Matthews and Landry as a unit. I think there are big things coming from them. Jennings and Stills... meh. Stills i think still has potential to be a big play receiver if we can get any blocking, but Jennings is just a drop machine and he's so slow. I liked him as depth, but the moment I saw he was a starter, I started to get disappointed with Philbin. ANOTHER miscue.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Notable Dom X posted:

it was tnf and it was good. there is a video of all of his incompletions and picks set to classical music

Please post this video.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Burger Trench posted:

Nice meltdown.

Thank you.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE much love to all bengals posters but also much lols to andrew dalton

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Homestar Runner posted:

nah you're thinking of Paul Pierce

That's not at all possible, I try my best not to think of that man.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Notable Dom X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE much love to all bengals posters but also much lols to andrew dalton

Glorious. It's like he's trying to assassinate someone on the sidelines with the football.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Notable Dom X posted:

lol it's swan lake

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

here my very artistic rendering of ryan "tannywheels" by the end of this season

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Andy Dalton audibled into the game-winning TD pass. Here's a picture of him doing it:

Andy owns.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Atticus Finch posted:

Andy Dalton audibled into the game-winning TD pass. Here's a picture of him doing it:

Andy owns.

:smugandy:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Andy owns.

He's been impressively in command presnap all season and it's really cool to watch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He sounds like such a goober though. I can't have that. I need manly presnap adjustments or none at all (the Kaepernick method)

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

He sounds like such a goober though. I can't have that. I need manly presnap adjustments or none at all (the Kaepernick method)

feature, not a bug

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Andy Dalton has all the makings of a guy that we could eventually cite as why it's too soon to give up on a quarterback before his fifth year.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Burger Trench posted:

Andy Dalton has all the makings of a guy that we could eventually cite as why it's too soon to give up on a quarterback before his fifth year.

No one would ever have given up on Dalton. He's been league-average or better since he came into the league. With the extreme lack of top level talent at QB, you'd have to be brain-damaged to get rid of someone playing how Dalton has, even with his ridiculous prime time and playoffs curse.

The only lesson to be learned from the tale of Andrew Dalton is that rebuilding teams need to have a solid O-line before getting their franchise QB, or they're just flushing a first round pick down the toilet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
First round pick + tons of money in an extension, of course.

Andy wasn't really above average last year, he was frankly below average. But this year? He's been hitting great throws, commanding the offense, and he looks like a whole new guy. Its impressive.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I heard someone say that Dalton was like the Mendoza Line of QBs only good enough to get you to a certain point but never over the hump. I think it would rule for Dalton to say gently caress that noise and make a deep playoff run.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Burger Trench posted:

Terry Bradshaw was benched the year he won his first super bowl, which happened to be his 5th year

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

if you don't have tom brady and bill belicheck, you probably need more than a good QB to get past a certain point.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We have determined scientifically that if you have a historically good defense, special teams, and running game, the minimum talent level you need at quarterback is better than Rex Grossman.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Accurate visual representation on how the night went.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Kaepernick for Alex Smith straight up who says no
That Jim Harbaugh was really something.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Spoeank posted:

He sounds like such a goober though.
He does. The Bengals posted this video week 1 of Andy talking to the team before the game. It's hilarious. https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/643151536697163776

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

He does. The Bengals posted this video week 1 of Andy talking to the team before the game. It's hilarious. https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/643151536697163776

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQXwJo__k2M

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Everybody just chill...

Click the video, you will not regret it. A NFL starting QB sounds like Morty. I think Alternate universe Rick and Andy would be a good episode.

Cavauro posted:

I would not trade my quarterback for anyone though I would advise others to choose Mr. Tannehill. thank You

I would advise others to take Tannehill if I thought they could choose. Since Dalton's on a contract I'll just ask you to watch Daton's eight TDs so far and ask how many Tanny's got the arm for. Marvin Jones in the chargers game was 40 yards in the air. Good luck with that Miami.

There are a bunch of QBs I'd trade Dalton for but there's none named Ryan.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 30, 2015

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dalton is play well above what he has in the past so gotta play the hot hand.

I hope Ryan gets a good enough line so he can kick it up and continue to improve.

Let's not forget they're not from the same class. Ryan is a year behind him. I still take Ryan but that's obvious.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Everybody just chill...

Click the video, you will not regret it. A NFL starting QB sounds like Morty. I think Alternate universe Rick and Andy would be a good episode.

I would advise others to take Tannehill if I thought they could choose. Since Dalton's on a contract I'll just ask you to watch Daton's eight TDs so far and ask how many Tanny's got the arm for. Marvin Jones in the chargers game was 40 yards in the air. Good luck with that Miami.

There are a bunch of QBs I'd trade Dalton for but there's none named Ryan.

Sorry I did not know the quarterbacks were unavailable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mulaney Power Move posted:

here my very artistic rendering of ryan "tannywheels" by the end of this season

this is awesome

• Locked thread