Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm glad we won but I still came away from last night thinking the Giants still suck. We almost had another 4th quarter meltdown and if Reuben hadn't caught that TD we'd have been in serious trouble. Then Randle went and almost hosed up two separate onside kick attempts, one saved by Vereen, one saved by a good bounce.

We still have no pass rush whatsoever, I know we were missing Ayers but it's still pathetic. A better QB would have picked us apart, Cousins had loads of time but still missed wide open receivers.

It was nice to see OBJ is still super human, and seeing Randle do things is nice, but Randle had a game and will now go into hibernation for two, as Randle does. Fells is a better TE than Donnell, Larry Donnell can't catch a loving ball or hold onto a ball when he does catch it, everytime he touches it I wince and await the sweet embrace of death. Last night he caught a pass and did the weirdest move I've ever seen anyone do when expecting contact. https://vine.co/v/exm2XrtP73F

The O-line is better than I expect it to be for all the injuries and shuffling we keep having to do. Eli is mitigating it somewhat by being extremely quick with his releases, but they've protected him better than expected (expected was really bad). Eli is having a decent start, 4 TDs isn't a lot but he has yet to throw a pick in 3 games, which might be an Eli record.

Run game sucks but that's par for the course after like half a decade of this. The Giants run game sucking is almost as cannon now as having no linebackers.

Linebackers are meh. Unga has 2 INTS (both off of tips) but good QBs have picked on him a lot because he's slow in the brain in coverage. Kennard is quick but hasn't been as impactful as hoped. Landon Collins looks like he could one day be pretty drat good, so I'm happy with that pickup. Him and Meriweather have held the safety situation down better than expected, but they are still not great.

The one thing I am genuinely impressed with is the Run defense. our run D is legit. Skins came in with the best Run game in the NFL (for two weeks but still) and we shut them down and never let them do Skins ball (Run the opponent into submission and minimize how many times Kirk throws).

Looking at the rest of our schedule I'm glad we are playing the NFC south because the AFC east is going to kick our rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can't see vine at work, but I assume you're talking about getting 2/3 of the way through a front flip before being touched?

Yeah, it was that. It's like he wasn't expecting to hold on and his circuits blew and he just malfunctioned

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

I think in order to be considered for the cream of crop in busts, a player would have had to never had any success and completely flamed out.

RG3 was a ton of fun to watch his rookie year and led the team to a playoff game. Yes, Washington gave up an insane amount of picks to get him, but he performed like he was worth it for at least one season. I wouldn't put him close to players like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or even a Tony Mandarich. He might be a shell of what he was, but man, that rookie year he looked like a world beater. As a Dallas fan, I remember being afraid of having that guy in the division for the next decade.

Its hard to consider a player ravaged by injuries a top 5 bust. RG3 has sorta proven lately that he can't play in a real offense that requires him to do more actual quarterbacking, and that may have caught up to him anyway, but we'll never know. He's probably a top 10-15 bust though.

Also I don't understand all the NFC east fans who were so scared of him. I remember watching him play and thinking "this dude is fun to watch but he's not going to last long, he's going to die"

And then later that year he did exactly that.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Well played sir

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TubeStank posted:

giants whyu did you cut james jones

He asked to be released when he realized he wouldn't have a huge role in the offense. We had OBJ, we had Randle, and eventually Cruz, Jones was the odd man out. The only reason they kept Preston Parker instead of Jones was because Jones wouldn't play special teams and Parker would. I bet Reese regrets that one now.

There just wasn't a place for him in NY, he was the odd man out despite being better than Randle and possibly better than Cruz (jury still out on him)

• Locked thread