Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Fenrir posted:

Okaaaaaaaay, then why did the Redskins beat the Rams by, like a lot? Cousins threw almost a perfect game with only 4 incompletions and no picks.

Yeah Cousins isn't that good but I mean, who does that against the Rams?

It's the Rams, NFL's bipolar team.

Kirk Cousins is fuckin' garbage and backup tier at best.

I'd take current backup Derek Anderson over Kirk Cousins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

A Man and his dog posted:

RG3 is probably going down as one of the biggest bust of all time.

I loved it. Wash over me.

No. RG3 had at least one very good season and doesn't appear to be addicted to cough syrup or food. The new CBA prevents the ludicrous contracts some of the other busts had as well.

He's also not out of the league yet and while I'm not optimistic, there's a sliver of a chance he could revitalize his career with a fresh start somewhere.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

A Man and his dog posted:

He still has a chance I guess.

But if you look at what we gave up to acquire him then yeah. Pay scale don't mean poo poo to me.

Put in that context yeah it's a pretty big bust for the Redskins franchise. As far as all time there are worse, and you still actually have a halfway decent roster despite that trade!

In a league so hungry for QBs I have no doubt somebody is going to give him a chance next year. He'll probably still end up a back up, but you never know.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Have the Saints lost in Carolina yet?

Get trashed tonight and by the time you wake up it'll all be over

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

That Works posted:

I want to believe.

About 2-3 times I day I catch myself thinking "How cool would it bee if McCown trucks Carolina" but then have to remember that's unlikely. If they were to win I'd probably be the most hungover person this side of the Mississippi.

I'm stuck in Seattle on the other side of the Mississippi.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

NC-17 posted:

What is Drew Bree's trade value if he's healthy?

If he's healthy there's no way we trade Brees.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

I got so mad about the Saints yesterday, got blackout drunk, and I think I sprained my rotator cuff.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Core player Brandon lafell

We truly live in a different time don't we?

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

We are seriously one or two more bad games away from a week in which Jimmy Clausen, Brandon Weeden, AND Blaine Gabbert are all starting

Don't forget Michael Vick and Luke McCown. The Year of the Backup.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Thank god it isn't Primetime Andy

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

It's time to get in on the Chicago fire sale and bring Jay Cutler to KC.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm a little late on this, but I don't know how to describe my emotions about the Browns.

I'm not foaming mad or anything. Rather I find myself annoyed and disheartened with the product. I look at the NFL right now and I see a lot of "game changers" (forgive me for using that statement), you know..guys that are able to produce some form of a mismatch and the defense has to game plan for.

Generally a successful NFL team has about one or two on the offense with a franchise (or at least "Andy Dalton"-level perhaps?) and then a drat good pass rusher on defense among other things.

I just...don't see it right now with this team. There's not a single "play maker" that would start for another NFL team. Seriously. Not one. The single closest one you got is Travis Benjamin, and the dude would be a 2nd stringer on pretty much any other NFL team. You can't get away with that in the NFL. Unless you're the Patriots and you have Tom loving Brady chucking the ball? You're not winning any games with no one at reciever.

That's on this team and it's stupid rear end philosphy for not making moves. You can't just keep trading out of the Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins's of the world all to trade down and pick up some mediocre talent that will probably be out of the league in 3 years. You put yourself in this position by consistently doing this poo poo.

Starting McCown is also loving pointless at the point. Why loving bother? I could understand playing the guy if you were a top flight NFL team that had talent out the rear end and it just so happens? Your franchise QB is hurt. But the Browns are not even remotely in that position.

Start Manziel and try to see if there's some raw guy you can take a flier on right now or trade for someone. You may as well check to see if the guy has "it" so you can narrow down next year's draft to either be some form of a reciever or an elite pass rusher.

I would take Travis Benjamin as a returner/slot receiver on my team in a heartbeat. My team is garbage tho.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's not bad. I mean there was always that 2001-2003 era Browns teams that pretty much had 4-5 recievers of his talent (Who would be 2nd and 3rd options on a decent team those years) and they were able to at least be decent passing wise. (Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcut, Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson). He reminds me a bit of a guy that would be maybe just a tad bit in that talent range I think.

But that's it.

The NFL is passing the ball successfully and often. I've seen the Browns only really go to that plan twice within my lifetime. Once was when Bruce Arians was OC and the other time was that weird 2007 season where they had Braylon Edwards, Joe Jurevicious and Kellen Winslow looking like an elite receiving corp of some sort.

They keep thinking that running the ball and stopping the run is going to win them titles. That is not going to happen. When even the STEELERS and the RAVENS are going more passing oriented? It's time to follow suit.

Serious answer: Pettine is coaching for his job and he probably, under some delusion, thinks that a veteran like McCown gives him the best chance to win and salvage enough wins to get another shot. If Manziel flames out it's going to come back on him for not going with the 'safe' McCown option.

Personally I know several Browns fans and they all want JFF to ball out, or at least be given a long rear end leash to do so. I do too. I mean the guy obviously has some chemistry with Benjamin, just go with it. Your ownership and FO is so toxic that your coach can't afford or doesn't have the balls to take that kind of risk though.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Athanatos posted:

Scuttlebutt around Indy is that Luck is playing injured. There is a dumb twitter shot of Hassleback tapping him on the chest and Luck recoiling and people are using that as proof. He hasn't shown anything in game that says injured and seems just to be forcing more poo poo because his line gives him 0 time to go through reads.

Is he still congratulating defensive players after they knock him down?

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

NC-17 posted:

He was but started to lose his voice.

:golfclap:

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Metapod posted:

Matt Ryan would like a word

A fraud without Julio, clearly.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Kalli posted:

I think AJ Green would be okay with having 20 passes thrown mildly in his direction a game.

Much like Julio, seems like a solid plan when he's healthy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Alaois posted:

your gimmick is dumb, and annoying, which is probably the point but i would like you to know that i do not like your posting regardless

He's no Borsche.

• Locked thread