Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

@MichaelDavSmith
Kirk Cousins: 23 career interceptions in 514 pass attempts. JaMarcus Russell: 23 career interceptions in 680 pass attempts.

Favre had 23 interceptions in his first 623 attempts. So I guess he was worse than Russell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

yeah cause that's a logical connection to make.

The point is that it's kinda stupid to judge any QB on one or two season's worth of pass attempts.

The exceptions are few and far between, like someone who is just insanely good (see: Rodgers) or someone who is insanely bad (see: Russell)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 26, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

Cousins is bad

I'm not even sure about "bad" ... I'd say below average definitely, but in a NFL where Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Clausen, Jameis Winston and Tyrod Taylor are starting QBs...

I mean, what is "bad" now? You've got established QBs, sure, but Marcus Mariota has better numbers than Andy Dalton and Alex Smith (not that it was such a high bar to hop over)

There will never be enough QBs for all the teams to have a good one. It's just too difficult a position. It might be the most difficult role to play in any team sport.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

Cousins would have even more picks but like 3 were dropped last week. Dude is trash.

He's really bad and if the Rams hadn't dropped those INTs, they wouldn't have lost. Point being, he's still not the worst even out of current NFL starting QBs.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

That's pretty debatable.
Ryan Mallett. Tyrod Taylor. Sam Bradford. Jimmy Clausen. All of them will start a game, most have already.

I'd take Cousins over that whole list. Maybe I'd lose but who among those would win a game that Cousins couldn't?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I never said Winston is going to be horrible forever, but he is a rookie who has struggled.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

It's week loving 3.

Exactly. He might turn into amazing, or he might turn to poo poo. It's waaaaay too early to know which yet, but when it's week 3 with a rookie I lean toward the bad, because even the best QBs ever don't necessarily do well their first year. (see: Peyton Manning, 1998)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

Winston is already better than cousins! We have seen that he is dogshit molded into a qb! Winston is a rapist that may bust yet but he's has a cieling that is far higher than cousins.
Okaaaaaaaay, then why did the Redskins beat the Rams by, like a lot? Cousins threw almost a perfect game with only 4 incompletions and no picks.

Yeah Cousins isn't that good but I mean, who does that against the Rams?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
23/27 with over 200 yards and no picks is no bullshit.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ I wasn't saying he's elite, or even good. Fairly sure I said "he isn't that good" ... but you could do a lost worse. I mean look at what the Bears are about to put at QB this week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Yaws posted:

Off topic, but is there anyone that flamed out as quickly and profoundly as Ryan Leaf? I was watching some old ESPN broadcasts the other day and they were debating the merits of Leaf and Manning before the draft and :lol:

That one guy who the Raiders drafted, oh christ why can't I remember his name. The guy who was basically a test tube QB, and ended up going nuts once he got out of mom and dad's house.

Aha. Todd Marinovich. He was supposed to be the perfect QB. He imploded almost immediately. In less than 3 years he burned himself out of both the NFL and CFL.

e: Also he was drafted ahead of Brett Favre.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 26, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Man and his dog posted:

RG3 is probably going down as one of the biggest bust of all time.

I loved it. Wash over me.

I always thought he would bust but I also always hoped I'd be wrong about that. :sigh:

I wanted him to be good but I remember thinking he was a more fragile version of Vick, and without the cannon arm. Basically he'd be awesome until the hit that destroyed him... and welp... that's kinda what happened :sigh:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

the bears don't really have an option though

because fales sucks even worse than pickles

Rex Grossman is a free agent :colbert:

e: VVV I'd take Sexy Rexy.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 26, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Pickles is going to sling to the W and this post is going to be even more hilarious.

No, he isn't
are you stoned

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

When an interception is the fault of a receiver they should charge it to the WR instead of the QB imo

Especially if it hits them right in the stone hands and bounces into the waiting arms of a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the Mendoza line is probably like, Josh McCown level.

Yeah. Mendoza batted right around .200, and a .200 batting average (now called the "Mendoza line") is somewhere between "bad" and "loving BAD".

• Locked thread