Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

There's been some enlightened conversation lately about GWS and GBS, shitposting and content-making. In the middle of it all, renowned GBS-lord gnarlyhotep can be found, shitposting.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Good job, idiot. You've managed to be both stupid and worthless at the same time, a feat which only every dumb gently caress littering the side of every slow stoplight could heretofore manage. Please post more of your genius insights in other forums (esp GBS) so we may all be edified. Thank you.

Kenning posted:

Mods rename me Stone Fruit Station.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Kenning posted:

Mods rename me Dumb gently caress Jackass.
That's up to the GWS mods, but I am behind it.

gnarlyhotep posted:

You scoop a tablespoon into some butter and then scrape off the excess from the top with your finger. Are you loving retarded?

gnarlyhotep posted:

No, only if you're a goddamn idiot. Kill yourself and let the rest of us get on with breathing.

I don't think you can cook, gnarlyhotep. I don't know why you come here. Mindphlux can shitpost, but his food looks amazing and at least half of the time he's saying something smart or funny.

So let's go. I'll eat a ban if I lose if you want. I don't really need you to forfeit anything – winning will be satisfaction enough. You choose the theme/ingredient, and number of courses. I'll post my meal this weekend. You have a week after that. One requirement though – it's a meal for 5 or more. I like cooking most when I'm cooking for my friends. I suggest you make the rounds of your local ASPCA to round up your dinner companions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

To be honest (having worked in kitchens) I don't think 50-80% of this subforum can cook

That's why we're here though to learn you know?

Way to make a callout thread. I think the mods should maybe institute a rule where if you say 'X can't cook' you have to then cook something and post a picture of it for judgement within 24 hours or get probated for a few days.

Kenning posted:

You choose the theme/ingredient, and number of courses. I'll post my meal this weekend. You have a week after that. One requirement though – it's a meal for 5 or more.

I wanna see if he can cook with as much subtle dexterity as he displays in tossing out weak 5 year old burns. If I don't hear back from him by tonight I'll be forced to declare my own theme, since I'll need to go shopping after work tomorrow if I want to be able to cook on Sunday and fulfill my end of the challenge.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Alright, I think I've given him enough time to respond but it looks like gnarly is instead going to take the path of being a subby bitch. Therefore, I declare the theme:

Butter (perhaps measured in tablespoons), Eggs (not frozen), and Cilantro and Lime (for a "Latin" kick).

The parameters: 3 dishes and a drink. You can do courses if you like (app, entree, dessert) or just like 3 tapas. All 4 ingredients must be featured, and each dish + the drink must feature at least one of the ingredients. Also, per my initial post, this must be prepared for yourself and at least 4 other people, to prove that there are other human beings that love you.

I intend to make my meal on Sunday, and will attempt to post my thread by Sunday night (Monday at the latest). gnarlyhotep will have one week after my thread goes up to post his response, after which he will have forfeited his attempt and shall be declared a wiener. If he actually picks up what I'm throwing down, there will be a poll thread to declare a winner based on the merits of their meal. At that point the loser will face whatever consequences are deemed appropriate by the responsible parties.

Allez cuisine!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I initially called him out to cook for at least 5, but I was a bit drunk at the time. I just wanna make sure it's a social occasion, so he can prove he has friends as well.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You can post wherever you'd like to, friend.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

Of course I can't cook, whatever gave you the idea that I could? Are you saying that cooking ability is required to post in this forum? Well then good job upholding your negative stereotype, poo poo satchel.

I'm not going to choose jack crap as I just do not care enough. However, if there is something you want me to attempt to cook, I'll give it a shot.

Make 3 dishes and one drink, using the ingredients Butter, Egg, Lime, and Cilantro. You could make scrambled eggs, buttered toast, tacos, and a gimlet if you like, but it might be more fun to do something weirder. Each dish must use at least one of the ingredients, and each ingredient must be used in at least one dish.

My thread will be coming up soon.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Okay so I'm a day late. I wasn't able to get my pictures edited and uploaded. Should be up tonight.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Welcome back Nooner.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bring it

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

👍

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

FYI gnarly my girlfriend thought your videos were really cute.

Thanks for showing up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I feel like this thread accomplished what it set out to accomplish. Thanks everybody, it was a good time. gnarlyhotep, I thought your stove was pretty funny. Cheers.

• Locked thread