Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
two finns walk into a bar, four hours later one says "so how are the wife and kids?" the other one downs his beer, slams it on the table, walks out and drowns himself in the lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
the noise complaint turned out to be an axe murder suicide again

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
a finnish man and woman are talking

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

hard counter posted:

this thread doesn't peddle in caricatures and stereotypes, just universal truths that can be observed anywhere by anyone

that swedes are lil pissbitch fuccbois?

u heard me

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
*drinks mongolishly*

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I am surrounded by it. It's pretty dull.

When I say that it's dull most of the time, I mean that you have to work to appreciate it.

youre right, going outside is hard

say what you will about the backwards sadbrain alcoholic xenophobes inhabiting the country but its actually very pretty. Its easy to dismiss as dull if youve lived there youre whole life but thats just a lack of perspective imo

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Naxuz posted:

Actually, this whole thread has been lying to you outsiders all along, this is what Finns really look like:

obviously on speed, seems legit

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Hogge Wild posted:

your mom's reputation has reached far

: >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMSsXcR0Ko

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Spent several days in the hospital for an open fracture, whole arm is in a cast and unusable for 10 weeks and was toeing 0.4% BAC in the ambulance. This is not going to stop me from trying to drink myself to death. :finland:

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

I've found that Metal is probably most comparable to classical music in its thought process and how it's consumed. Metal is intellectual by its very nature as much as some people would like to portray otherwise. When despotism and cultural oppression (not always governmental, but societal as well) is rampant, you're more likely to get a thriving punk or thrash movement that is more centered on passion and emotion (desperation, in a good way) than higher concepts like fantasy, spirituality, or virtuosity. Furthermore, i am a gigantic faglorde and a dumbo shitface

Just my two cents.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

General Bort posted:

Do finns smoke weed?

in fact, i've been told by a healthcare professional i should keep smoking weed, so i pretty much have a medical license is what im saying

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
its almost impossible for foreigners, even white, to find decent jobs in finland unless you have a very specific skill or degree. I dated an american with two degrees (medical administration and english) and she sent over 80 applications in 6 months and didnt even get a single interview. Maybe it was the brown sounding lastname though.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Nepotism: The Country, imo

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

TheIllestVillain posted:

what is brown in the context of finland

like any name that isnt finniällätrol kräksänankiälläkaiikiki would be foreign

It was pretty spanish, like might as well be Garcia. The girl was a ginge though so...

ive never heard of anyone being denied entry to a bar based on skin color, that sounds like a lawsuit to me. Where i live though, theres two bars on the same street and theyre basically exactly the same, same staff, prices, and everything with the exception that all the black people hang out at one, and all the racist skinheads go to the other. I go to both cause im a drunk and theyre cheap.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

fyi, I still can't help but nod in agreement every time I see this thread's title

Let us not stage an attack in Finland, for life is a much more cruel punishment for these infidels than the most gruesome death ever could be -Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

I like how the church magazine assumed its readership to be retarded enough they had to include an arrow pointing out who theyre talking about

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Maoist Pussy posted:

Also, where is the highest concentration of US Finns, is it also Minnesota

Minnesota and Oregon/the northwest mostly, but ive heard theres a sizeable expat community in new york and also recently met a guy who used to be a part of a community in Florida. So i guess the answer is finns are everywhere, but the northwest probably attracts finns cause the climate is similar except it doesnt get as shitfuck cold in the winter.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Dyna Soar posted:

the community in florida is mostly elderly finns who moved there after retirement.

The guy was a homeless dude selling weed out of a big thermos, didnt really seem like the type to hang out at a retirement home. Thats pretty much what Florida is though i guess, a huge retirement home.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Hogge Wild posted:

20 foreigners have integrated in a record time: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1450145588862.html

some asylum seekers had got drunk in a reception center and started to fight and one even pulled a knife out and was put in jail

Swedes should look into hiring some consultants from Finland, this is how you integrate asylum seekers with minimal cultural conflict.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

hard counter posted:

looks like a good place to pass out - prehistoric finns

swamp is soft and comfortable

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
merely trapped by the bog, as we were in the beginning of time. truly we are brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the gently caress hangs themselves outside? It's cold!

Well you cant do it inside. Emptying your bowels on the floor? The wife would be livid!

• Locked thread