Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Posting to :sperg: and say the Mk2 Scirocco was actually a Mk1 chassis, just the 2nd generation of the scirocco. My ex gf bought a Mk1 with a blown headgasket off a friend of mine and I tore the head off it but never got around to putting it back together. Never forgave myself for that one, it was a clean car.

Good luck with the engine swap! Gonna go 2l? I had one for my 83 gti, but never got around to putting it in. Then I got an 88 16v scirocco which was an absolute riot. I miss both of those cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Ah, but that's the rub.

It's a 3a 8v block. But it has 16v pistons, block off plate where an 8v dizzy goes, and an intermediate shaft driven oil pump. So it's essentially a 9A with Audi markings, at this point.

If you need a spare 16v dizzy, I still have one sitting in my garage. Had it for going on 10 years now, still waiting for the swap to happen :smith:

• Locked thread