Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

935 posted:

Has anybody's computer been infested with malware after visiting Rubio's official website? I get little pop up ads for Rubio now randomly. I'm not the only one apparently. https://m.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3noi7r/infected_with_malware_after_visiting_a_marco/

Jesus even the young'uns don't know how to take a screen shot right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

etalian posted:

His own party hates him and he doesn't tap in the GOP inner Id effectively like the other candidates.

Tapping the inner id hasn't worked because most of the Republican Party primary voters aren't that extreme. There have been noisy, "scary" republican candidates that got plenty of media coverage in the past two election cycles. They scare people on the left but don't win in the primaries.

i wonder if we would see faithless electors in the general election if trump was running independently and doing well

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TheScott2K posted:

Jesus even the young'uns don't know how to take a screen shot right

Well its a mac so that kid is already a lost cause.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
"Rubs"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Like out of a toilet?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

Like out of a toilet?

like a loving animal

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I have no clue what that straw says, Lygm?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I have no clue what that straw says, Lygm?

FYGM=gently caress You, Got Mine

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This isn't a bad political cartoon. The labeling makes sense and wasn't just added as an afterthought.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Someone should make a mashup of Marco Rubio and Dark Yugi and title it Ru-Bi-O.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

This isn't a bad political cartoon. The labeling makes sense and wasn't just added as an afterthought.

actually you can remove the labels except fygm and it would be better.

Matthewtheman posted:

Someone should make a mashup of Marco Rubio and Dark Yugi and title it Ru-Bi-O.

:eyepop:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Marco if you become president you will have to shut down SA because I am radicalized as gently caress. Liberte Egalite Fraternite Ou La Mort. The New American Century must have a dawn of a thousand suns.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Did somebody say *drinks water*?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Ok, Bob...act natural, now...just grasp the...the cup...god, where do all the fingers go?! I've never thought about this...I'll just...as long as it gets to my mouth...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLpXIYLrec

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Here thread, have 1,700 words about Rubio and water:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/marco-rubio-love-water-216441

quote:

The 44-year-old senator takes care to ensure the availability of water at his public events and can be particular about how he takes it. His advance team has mandated exact requirements for the vessels he will drink out of: stemless glasses — not stemmed ones or water bottles.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Would Rubio request the water that flows down Denali as President?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

marco rubio known to piss in own mouth when no other source of water available

this is what the jeb campaign is waiting to drop

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

That picture makes me parched.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
didn't think any more of the water thing than that it was a stupid flub in that one speech, but after reading that article, holy poo poo the man has a legit problem

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
so is marco rubio the reason california's in a drought

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Reminder that the last FL gubernatorial debate was delayed because Rick Scott was protesting that Charlie Crist had a small electric fan directed at his crotch.

Florida, y'all.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

rabble rabble posted:

didn't think any more of the water thing than that it was a stupid flub in that one speech, but after reading that article, holy poo poo the man has a legit problem

Rubio can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

Reminder that the last FL gubernatorial debate was delayed because Rick Scott was protesting that Charlie Crist had a small electric fan directed at his crotch.

Florida, y'all.

I think a lot about this election can be explained by the two strongest establishment candidates being incompetent weirdos from Florida

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

point of return posted:

so is marco rubio the reason california's in a drought

He actually made this joke when he visited California for a fundraising event.

Also for some reason the WIU straw election had him winning the nomination.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rubio would win a Wii U the toddler.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

No idea who this pollster is, but they have Rubio in first in New Hampshire among "very likely" voters.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/2016_PRES_NH_GOP_2.pdf

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
I'd love to see the difference in methodology between their likely and super duper totes likely screen.

Personally I'm thinking voter screens are going to be pretty off on the GOP side this election, much like it was for dems in 2008 and for similar reasons. You have candidates that are going to drive voters to the polls who probably weren't' there in 2008 and 12. Much like Obama 08 I'd put money on Trump in particular outperforming LV screens.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Planarch posted:

No idea who this pollster is, but they have Rubio in first in New Hampshire among "very likely" voters.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/2016_PRES_NH_GOP_2.pdf

I just heard CNN say that Rubio needs to look out for Christie since they're 2nd/3rd in polls behind Trump. I didn't know Christie was a serious candidate.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

The Aardvark posted:

I just heard CNN say that Rubio needs to look out for Christie since they're 2nd/3rd in polls behind Trump. I didn't know Christie was a serious candidate.

Define serious. Christie was probably the 'next in line' after 2012, but Bridgegate hosed that up for him - that and Trump usurping his loudmouth, say whatever persona. He is absolutely in this to win it (or a cabinet position, AG looks nice). He has no desire to enter congress, so for him it's pretty much POTUS or retirement.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

There have been too many insane/illegal/out of touch/incredibly stupid things said by Republican candidates this election for me to keep up with. Aside from his terrible views on abortion, Rubio seems like the least insane/stupid/generally terrible human being Republican candidate. Is there something I'm missing? I want to know who the lesser evil is so I can root for them, because hoping Trump wins the nomination 'because he certainly couldn't win a general election!' seems like something that will only end in tears.

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 11:06 on Dec 17, 2015

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not a Step posted:

There have been too many insane/illegal/out of touch/incredibly stupid things said by Republican candidates this election for me to keep up with. Aside from his terrible views on abortion, Rubio seems like the least insane/stupid/generally terrible human being Republican candidate. Is there something I'm missing? I want to know who the lesser evil is so I can root for them, because hoping Trump wins the nomination 'because he certainly couldn't win a general election!' seems like something that will only end in tears.

Rubio keeps talking about a New American Century and how terrorists hate us because we let women drive. He is a very explicit Forvever War candidate.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fun reading on the last "Project for a New American Century:" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

McDowell posted:

Rubio keeps talking about a New American Century and how terrorists hate us because we let women drive. He is a very explicit Forvever War candidate.

Isn't everyone but Rand Paul a Forever War candidate though? Has Rubio advocated for carpet bombing and assassination of family, or is his brand of warmongering more along the lines of 'we will never be free of this quagmire, so lets get troops back in there because its solved so much in the past'?

And if it isn't Rubio, who is the lesser evil candidate? As a DINO who wishes Sanders had a real chance but will vote Hillary out of a sense of fear for the opposition, which Republican candidate will fill me with the least contempt for my fellow Americans if they win? I've gotten the impression so far that a Rubio/Fiorina ticket might do well enough in the general election to worry about, while being no more dumb and petty than other leaders this country has weathered before. Am I just completely wrong and woefully misinformed?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not a Step posted:

which Republican candidate will fill me with the least contempt for my fellow Americans if they win?

Rand Paul. Marco Rubio and everyone else on stage was calling for a stronger security state and more foreign excursions - Rubio and Jeb were the biggest 'Bush did nothing wrong' candidates.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

McDowell posted:

Rand Paul. Marco Rubio and everyone else on stage was calling for a stronger security state and more foreign excursions - Rubio and Jeb were the biggest 'Bush did nothing wrong' candidates.

Agreed 100%. Rand is the only one that doesn't want to bathe the rest of the world in nuclear fire.

Of course, he wants to let store owners refuse to serve black people, so YMMV

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Agreed 100%. Rand is the only one that doesn't want to bathe the rest of the world in nuclear fire.

Of course, he wants to let store owners refuse to serve black people, so YMMV

So my choices appear to be 'embraces literal armageddon' and 'libertarian who legitimately believes racism is cool and good if its the racist's choice'? Guys I was asking who the lesser evil is and these answers aren't very heartening. Honestly I still think I'd prefer Rubio to Paul, because at least the country has experience with military adventurist presidents and has some backbone for denying them, while I think many would fall all over themselves to embrace the social equivalent of state's rights. Also as an American I am fine with bombing the hell out of people I will never meet while it is upsetting to think about people I actually know being denied the right to buy pastries from an establishment of their choice.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

So my choices appear to be 'embraces literal armageddon' and 'libertarian who legitimately believes racism is cool and good if its the racist's choice'? Guys I was asking who the lesser evil is and these answers aren't very heartening. Honestly I still think I'd prefer Rubio to Paul, because at least the country has experience with military adventurist presidents and has some backbone for denying them, while I think many would fall all over themselves to embrace the social equivalent of state's rights. Also as an American I am fine with bombing the hell out of people I will never meet while it is upsetting to think about people I actually know being denied the right to buy pastries from an establishment of their choice.

if you want safety of outcomes in the event of a GOP victory, consider that the GOP dominated congress might never unstick itself for a President Trump , and given likely midterm voters, he would be at least as immobilized as Obama. As a result, Trump may be the least of the evils, in all seriousness. There are people saying they'll bittervote for him, pretending to be swayed by his totally absent leftist healthcare ideas for the sake of getting people like zdr mad, but there are also people who think the GOP establishment's last act will be holding out until death to block anything from making it through congress because none of their guys won.

Not that this would be a smart chance to take. I think the western world at least would be marginally safer with a clinton commander in chief. Sorry, developing world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

stephenfry posted:

if you want safety of outcomes in the event of a GOP victory, consider that the GOP dominated congress might never unstick itself for a President Trump , and given likely midterm voters, he would be at least as immobilized as Obama. As a result, Trump may be the least of the evils, in all seriousness. There are people saying they'll bittervote for him, pretending to be swayed by his totally absent leftist healthcare ideas for the sake of getting people like zdr mad, but there are also people who think the GOP establishment's last act will be holding out until death to block anything from making it through congress because none of their guys won.

Not that this would be a smart chance to take. I think the western world at least would be marginally safer with a clinton commander in chief. Sorry, developing world.

So you're telling me that I can root for Trump as both the schadenfreude option where I hate American politics and want to see the Republicans choke on their own poo poo and die, *and* as the responsible 'least harm' candidate because President Trump will be so hated by everyone he will never actually accomplish anything? This is like a dream come true.

Just please assure me there aren't enough tea party asshat politicians out there who are secretly waiting for someone like Trump to come along so they can give voice to all their worst policies to actually implement anything Trump says and I can go back to hate watching the debates and not feeling a gnawing sense of terror that one of those men (sorry Fiorina, but I think we all know it's not happening) has a non-zero chance of being the next President of the United States.

• Locked thread