Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Marco Whobio is more like it. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

fun tunnel posted:

why would cynical whites vote for kasich over any other republican/democrat candidate? he is milquetoast and centrist neo-conservative/liberal. i know you guys get wet thinking of a republican thats ok with gay marriage but he has zero substance to win over his base.

Kasich and Rubio have the strength that in the general election no one is coming out to vote against them. They actually have the best shot of winning against Hillary just by the base being mobilized against her. As opposed to the openly evil or batshit crazy sorts the base loves that would draw Sanders supporters out to hold their nose and vote for Hillary.

But yeah, the base is going to jettison everyone who has anything remotely resembling appeal to a moderate or undecided, and just hope they can gerrymander/make it illegal for enough undesirables to vote.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah that's why I said "The base will throw them out but in the GE they'd actually be strong"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Two things left out is he's in a swing state that matters for the general election so being appealing to Democrats and moderates is a good thing.
He's also a Cuban American, which especially in Florida makes him 'one of the good ones' so not at as big a disadvantage for being a minority.

The Republican Party in the US has the weird thing with minorities, especially latinos. The party leadership realizes demographic wise they need to court them, but a lot of their core voters are whitebread racist fucks. So the party needs to do a weird tap dance of stirring up fear for the brown horde while also convincing the latinos to come be their friend.

• Locked thread