Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

etalian posted:

It's bad taste since it reminds californians on how their lovely utopia is getting destroyed.
"lol" - William Mulholland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

So my choices appear to be 'embraces literal armageddon' and 'libertarian who legitimately believes racism is cool and good if its the racist's choice'? Guys I was asking who the lesser evil is and these answers aren't very heartening. Honestly I still think I'd prefer Rubio to Paul, because at least the country has experience with military adventurist presidents and has some backbone for denying them, while I think many would fall all over themselves to embrace the social equivalent of state's rights. Also as an American I am fine with bombing the hell out of people I will never meet while it is upsetting to think about people I actually know being denied the right to buy pastries from an establishment of their choice.

if you want safety of outcomes in the event of a GOP victory, consider that the GOP dominated congress might never unstick itself for a President Trump , and given likely midterm voters, he would be at least as immobilized as Obama. As a result, Trump may be the least of the evils, in all seriousness. There are people saying they'll bittervote for him, pretending to be swayed by his totally absent leftist healthcare ideas for the sake of getting people like zdr mad, but there are also people who think the GOP establishment's last act will be holding out until death to block anything from making it through congress because none of their guys won.

Not that this would be a smart chance to take. I think the western world at least would be marginally safer with a clinton commander in chief. Sorry, developing world.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

So you're telling me that I can root for Trump as both the schadenfreude option where I hate American politics and want to see the Republicans choke on their own poo poo and die, *and* as the responsible 'least harm' candidate because President Trump will be so hated by everyone he will never actually accomplish anything? This is like a dream come true.

Just please assure me there aren't enough tea party asshat politicians out there who are secretly waiting for someone like Trump to come along so they can give voice to all their worst policies to actually implement anything Trump says and I can go back to hate watching the debates and not feeling a gnawing sense of terror that one of those men (sorry Fiorina, but I think we all know it's not happening) has a non-zero chance of being the next President of the United States.
You can, and given Cruz and Rubio are the likely alternatives, I really think you should. Trump would have no patience for the doubletalk necessary to keep the GOP as it exists alive after 2016. It's accelerationism that will take place with or without you http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1962#post453280390

I think tea party asshat politicians are going to be as incentivized as ever to be awful regardless of the general result. If it's Bernie, the MSM will want a rebellion, if it's clinton, we'll just continue the current one with the persistent white terrorism, if it's Rubio or Cruz, the democrats might turn up to the midterms, and if it's Trump everything turns into golf course so who the gently caress knows.

Vote Bernie in the primary, clinton in the general

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

The best thing about living in a deep red state in a primary year is that my primary vote will actually make a difference. My general election vote won't matter because electoral college, but my primary vote at least has meaning because there will be so few of them cast.
sweet. hope you are knocking on doors or something too

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

TheScott2K posted: