Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
It is hard to tell because everyone has so many negatives at this point, but overall, I would say Rubio would be my plurality choice to win the nomination. He seems to be the only candidate who would be acceptable to the Tea Party and the Establishment.

Of course, that is just my old brain thinking that Trump, Carson or Fiorina will burn out. Maybe they won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

mdemone posted:

The GOP primary voters are not choosing a Hispanic guy, it is just not going to loving happen in this timeline. I would put almost any amount of money on this, if I had any money with which to do so.

A lot of conservatives are quite enthusiastic about supporting minorities if that minority totally espouses their worldview. See Alan Keyes and Ben Carson.

On the other hand, if Rubio starts showing any Hispanic culture or political leniency on immigration, they will turn on him quickly.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

funzo2226 posted:

I have a hard time believing that the republican ticket will be anything other than Rubio/Kasich or Bush/Kasich. It would literally give them the best chance of winning Florida, Ohio, and the election. The republican establishment must realize this and will force it through somehow or another. I think there are enough swing voters who can't stand Hillary (she is also a terrible campaigner who never does herself any favors) that they could win fairly comfortably.

As things are, neither side is going to win comfortably, and the Republicans doubly so.

The highest Republican share of the popular vote in the last 25 years has been 50.7%. Even if the Republicans win Florida and Ohio, they still have to win pretty much all of New Hampshire, Virginia, Iowa, Nevada, and Colorado.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. There are lots of places where you can drive 1000 miles and be in Republican territory. But those 1000 miles might have as many people as Brooklyn. The Republicans are fighting an uphill demographic and electoral fight.

• Locked thread