Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if santorum really wanted to be the catholic right winger candidate he shouldve abandoned his family become a monk and whenever he got hungry or thirsty he could just perform mass and eat and drink literal jesus. the bread has carbs, the wine has ethanol

he would be drunk as hell in a soiled sweater vest, he'd be the anointed candidate of god, and photagraphers could still take pictures of his crying kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Sai posted:

my stream went to poo poo during the abortion question, what did he say?

he believes in a woman's right to choose but also in protecting unborn child life, basically. with a few words to make clear what follows from the framing; the woman can't choose to kill the baby even if it's from rape or incest. then christie earnestly took up the gauntlet of defending the right of the mother to kill her incest/rape baby. republican politics are weird

oh also rubio said democrats are the real abortion extremists

gop establishment types have claimed that rubio's google searches spiked during his abortion talk. apparently it strikes a chord in the gop self-described moderate mind and they desperately want to believe that only liberal media clinton people are talking about the dispel notion obama is bla bla bla gaffe

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

they should've gone with the vancouver, WA skyline. it's super imposing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i always thought of vancouver wa 1) as having the same name as vancouver BC isnt that fun and 2) it seems like the only population center in a state with no property tax but within easy driving distance of a state with no sales tax

is 2) a big motivator for living there or is it just trivia

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

oh i mixed that up i guess

alright well good for them i spose! thanks for info

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

republican sheds single tear over the destruction of private property

also
they changed his 'dispel with' to the correct usage i guess. did he say undergoing or undertaking? seems like america would be undergoing the effort and obama would be undertaking it? maybe? gently caress this

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 04:10 on Feb 25, 2016

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Rubio gonna finish a distant third everywhere today except Maine, where he'll finish fourth.

good call! but you forgot to mention his massive narrative-upending victory in puerto rico. as they say, so goes puerto rico,so goes the republican presidential nomination

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

hasn't he been propped up by some sugar daddy his whole career? has that dude commented on the ruination of his protege's hopes and dreams? is he gonna be like 'you're a sunk cost, gently caress off and die'? or does rubio get a consolation job somewhere in the republican griftosphere

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

dude's an nfl part-owner, rubio's wife was a dolphins cheerleader...

i think rubio just got used to running in this lofty sphere and he didn't realize how bad he was at running

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

shes doing a little better than rubio

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think he'll go be a lobbyist and maybe we'll hear from him in a few election cycles. he's still young, he will tell himself. maybe he'll get rich and gently caress off. i think the dude will be ok tbh

gwen graham, who was one of the only democrats to unseat a republican incumbent in 2014 and did it in a light-red district, is the democratic candidate for governor i've heard the most about. maybe charlie crist, who's probably gonna be st petersburg's house rep next year, will serve one term there and gently caress up another gubernatorial campaign

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he's a proud liberal democrat now ya gotta keep up

also i said he hosed up a gubernatorial race but no, i was wrong, i guess it was the 2010 rubio senate election he hosed up, in his short period as a proud principled independent. in 2014 he just lost to a felon skeleton straight up because that's how america rolls esp in midterm election years

maybe some floridians still hated him iono. i was there in elementary school, i had an atlas of florida with a forward by lawton chiles, a politician ill always love no matter how much bad poo poo there is to learn about him, i need to get my parents to find that poo poo. but i moved to live in/near a succession of places/roads named after confederate traitors in virginia which was ironically way less skanky than floridaj

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 07:01 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in 2008 there were blue dog democrats and moderate republicans, in 2012 that poo poo was quaint (a couple northeastern republicans, downballot poo poo in appalachia, dems still hold the kentucky state house against all odds, random conservative d governor won over the diaper baby in louisiana, there's always exceptions, but still). i think when the autofellatiating weirdos who decide when the nth political systems begin and end get some historical perspective they'll put 08/10 as a dividing point for the 5/6 or 6/7 transition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Party_System

• Locked thread