Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

"I'm also aware that California has a drought. And that's why I made sure I brought my own water," Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said during his opening statement as he pulled out a water bottle with a grin on his face.

lmao.

It's bad taste since it reminds californians on how their lovely utopia is getting destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

so loving thirsty

the colbert parody of this moment was really sensual.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Rubio is actually ludicrously young for a Presidential candidate. He was born in 1971, making him 10 years younger than Obama. If he wins that will make him 45, and people said Obama was young taking office at 47.

If

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how he threw his lot in with a immigration compromise and then got torn apart by his own party.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

If Sanders were to get the nomination, Rubio would be the worst possible opponent to have in the general election. They'd have the biggest age difference and Rubio is capable of putting enough of a future minded spin on the tired old republican platform to trick swing voters.

Honestly I think Rubio is the GOP's strongest contender for the general, regardless of who wins the Dem nomination.

His own party hates him and he doesn't tap in the GOP inner Id effectively like the other candidates.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If elected he will replace the eagle on the presidential seal with a single glass of water

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Normally a ticket that could win Florida and Ohio would be kind of a big deal but I don't imagine very many outside Ohio know who Kasich is and his 30 seconds between two debates didn't get his name out there.

Besides midwest is only good at producing astronauts, serial killers and failed corrupt politicians.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

point of return posted:

It seems like Ohioans are mostly known for their natives who did their best to get out of Ohio.

Presidents who then lived in D.C. (and then got a mountain in Alaska because of dumb gold prospectors), the Wright Brothers who flew their plane in North Carolina, astronauts who got as far away from Ohio as humans have been...

The astronaut thing makes sense to me. After living in Ohio you want to get far away as possible and going to space is the natural conclusion for this urge.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

point of return posted:

so is marco rubio the reason california's in a drought

He actually made this joke when he visited California for a fundraising event.

Also for some reason the WIU straw election had him winning the nomination.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Where in the world is Marco Rubio?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Little Marco Rubio was the best nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

smg77 posted:

Every other nickname this election has paled in comparison.

I loved all the Little Marco photoshops.

Too bad we didn't get a big Don and Little Marco ticket.

• Locked thread