Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

So, a CK1 portrait pack then? :v:

Does this exist? I much preferred CK1's portraits, so it would be nice to have those without having to play CK1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But then you lose the ability to use your uppity Czech soldiers as cannon fodder.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mans posted:

we need rome 2 before victoria 3 hth

Why not both? Alt-history industrial revolution in Roman times.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

One thing I always love about Vicky 2 is that the verbiage for pops changing occupation is "signed up". As in "27 labourers signed up to be aristocrats today."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Agean90 posted:

why cant you guys ever sperg out about cool things

why

I hate when people talk about things I don't care about.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, the NATO counter is visually distinct, something that I can easily identify with a quick glance. The horse picture is a meaningless grey blob unless I actually focus on it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Purple is obviously Malaya, dark green is Kilwa, light green is some Nubian country? Lavender looks like Shu, white is a daimyo (Uesugi?), pink I want to say is Livonian Order but I'm probably wrong, and I have no idea what puke green or red are.

How close am I?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's actually a lot like how MOO3 did it.

Yeah, MOO3.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think I'd be OK with Vicky 3 not letting me know that the population of Mexican Sunni farmers in Newark are 29% communist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Victoria 2 problems:

I've played a couple games as Brazil, Argentina and Japan now and I keep running into the same problem: Getting sphere'd by one of the great powers before I can break into the G8 myself. Can't colonize and Can't expand through war. I can't get an alliance with any of the other great powers despite being at 200 relations either.

Am I just not progressing fast enough to break into the G8?

Like others said, beeline the prestige techs. You can also beat up on your neighbors for more prestige, but make sure you research medicine first or you'll lose a ton of manpower to attrition. For industrializing, you're going to have to put your reactionary party in charge so that you can build factories manually. Lumber, furniture, and luxury furniture are all great to produce because you produce all of the materials yourself. Also try encouraging soldiers in your provinces so that you get more military score.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The worst thing about V2 for me is what an enormous pain in the rear end it is to ascertain the correct information to make good decisions. Let's say you want to plan around satisfying your pops' needs with factories. So how do you figure out what to build? Well, you can go to the trade screen and it will show you the total needs of all your pops. But it won't show you anything more, like how much of their needs are already satisfied or how much they're buying domestically. And what do you do if one of your factories has a resource shortage? First you have to figure out why (production screen), and if it's because none is available for you, you have to figure out a way to get it. If you're a GP you can sphere a nation, but how do you decide on which one? The trade screen only shows you the top 5 producers and those are usually another GP or China. So you have to go to the map and use the RGO map mode to find your resource, and then kind of guess as to what their output is.

It's just that easy!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day would be a pretty good day to announce it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Senor Dog posted:

Now would be a better day

:hai:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think a lot of the complexity of EU3 came from trying to figure out how your economy worked.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just thinking about having to balance my yearly budget in EU3 gives me conniptions.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Narrator posted:

What's your top 5 for "these came in EU4 expansions and must be in base EU5"?

1. Development
2. Institutions
3. Fort zones of control
4. Naval missions (plus a similar system for armies)
5. New mission system but with better trees for generics

Tahirovic posted:

The trade system is good but it has one capital flaw and that's the fact you can't really reverse streams. This fucks over countries outside of Europe and seems pretty unrealistic for really powerful nations. Caravan power is a really big offender here, like why I even give those countries trade licenses? And without getting any money for it in return?

Trade would need more options and be bidirectional, obviously your own trade income would suffer if you restrict it too much. The current model is kinda dumb, the best way to get more money is by killing everyone with power in your end node.

The problem with reversing the streams is it could potentially allow you to set up a positive feedback loop and generate infinite money.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 16, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man what does Korea have against the scots.

They ruined Scotland, for one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Come on, it's not like wood grows on trees.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

iirc the immigration focus only makes it so that if your country receives immigrants (and you won't if you're in the Old World), they're more likely to go to that state. It doesn't affect internal migration at all.

There's pretty much nothing you can do here!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait for it all to be abstracted away and replaced with proletariat mana in Vicky 3.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

reignonyourparade posted:

The vague concept of "the more you suck the less of the resources you need you actually get" works it just needs to not be all or nothing. Personally I think it should tie in with prestige, if you, 5 prestige Ethiopia are trying to buy cement and 200 prestige Britain is ALSO trying to buy cements, for every 200 cement Britian is trying to buy you should be able to buy 5. That way you'd always be making at least SOME progress towards whatever it is you're looking for.

This is a cool idea, and also basically how trade nodes work in EU4. Country A has 100 trade power, Country B has 50 trade power, so B gets 50 ducats for every 100 A gets.

Although I'd also replace prestige with something more like trade influence, which would be an amalgam of various factors. It's a little silly that making a bunch of paintings means you get all the machine parts in the world.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Senor Dog posted:

This is clearly unacceptable encroachment on china's part.

Looks more like Japan is rudely interrupting China.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lum_ posted:

Paradox Grand Strategy: Still Waiting On East vs. West

Still Waiting on Victoria 4, obviously.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I would love to see a MOM to Stellaris's MOO.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Victoria 3 anime confirmed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Radio Free Kobold posted:

"when it's not vicky 3"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

axeil posted:

I'm pretty sure this means the Vicky 3 hopes are truly dead. Religion didn't do anything in Vicky 2 except provide flavor.

It affected some pop behaviors and of course political parties all had their own religious stances from moralism to atheism. That sounds quite a lot like "religion is present but not the most important thing".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Yep, can't forget those wonderful religious stances. Quoting from issues.txt from V2's game files here, which describes the effects of party issues:

code:
religious_policy = {
		pro_atheism = {
			#no effect
		}
		secularized = {
			#no effect
		}
		pluralism = {
			#no effect
		}
		moralism = {
			#no effect
		}
	}

It didn't have any direct effect on the country, but it obviously affected politics. Moralist pops were more likely to vote for moralist parties and so on.

Besides, that's still "religion is present but not the most important thing".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

The game is called Rome 2 but is actually Victoria 3.

Vae Victoria!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

canepazzo posted:

I;m thinkin about thos Pops

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

I just want a game with loving pops, okay, pops with needs and ideals and promotion and demotion

Paradox Presents: The Pops

It's like the Sims but set in the Victorian era.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Senor Dog posted:

Are you talking about the real world or a vicky2 mechanic.

Yeah, your losses in battle only reduce your manpower by a portion of that amount, further reduced by field hospital technology.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

algebra testes posted:

Paradox Grand Strategy: Veni, Vidi, Vicky.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is how Stellaris should have been, but they had to throw in an awful tile management system too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CHIИД = SNEEEED

Please use Cyrillic responsibly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait to lay as the SQR.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I don't quite "get" people playing spore from the civilization -> space campaign. Whatever the state of the world is when you leave it, its still just one space ship by the time you get to Space. You may as well just start in Space as your creation, and ditch the rest of the game before it.

That's one of the many reasons Spore is such a bad game, so maybe not the best counterpoint.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mostly like Stellaris, but the thing it's missing for me is the satisfaction of taking an historical underdog and conquering the world with them. Of course that's impossible to have in a scifi 4x game, but it's something that's present in every other aradox game so it doesn't really feel right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I gotta say I'm in love with the map being smooth when zoomed out and super detailed and bumpy when zoomed in.