Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I've been playing that too, and I didn't have that problem at least. Did you download the latest nightly from github? https://github.com/simsulla/nwomod because thats what I did and it loads fine (though if you play as france or england it'll still crash if you try to release any nations).

I tried that and it still crashes at the same point. I wish Victoria 2 had a debug log like Darkest Hour's, the error log is blank.

EDIT: The flags in Victoria 2 vanilla are messed up, but NNM runs fine so I don't know why it's affecting the other mod.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It doesn't calculate if a game was sold under a sale or not, I assume.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kaiserreich's national focuses will not be paid DLC :smug:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Any estimate on when work will start on Kaiserreich II? Or is that up to other developers as well?

It's technically already begun, but it's just people who got into the beta who offered to help- I imagine things like the map will be done fairly quick after game release, but god knows how long the focus trees will take. A lot of the older developers are probably going to stick with Darkest Hour, but lore work should translate pretty much 1:1 between the versions. For my part, I have to get a serious computer upgrade before I can even play HoI IV- anybody got about a thousand dollars they can spare? :(

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Swapsies Universalis.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That Obama pic is legit awesome.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Garry Parrish posted:

I would pay good money for a Total War or Men Of War game where the United States collapses into a bunch of squabbling states. Gotta conquer your neighboring county with your redneck jeep militia so you can bribe the USAF into not bombing you

A Shattered Union remake would make bank on Kickstarter right now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Rome II is actually a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that one Star Trek episode.

Victoria III is also a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that other Star Trek episode.

Would unironically preorder both of these right now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

algebra testes posted:

For added realism you can call in the Luftwaffe but they don't turn up in theatre.

You can also call in the USAAF. Take cover beforehand, just to be safe.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know how you'd represent an ideology that is all about the state being unnecessary in a game that's all about states, but anarcho-liberal guy probably didn't even try.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Capitalists get replaced by craftsmen, a few more reforms unlock for stuff like workplace democracy. I could see it working.

That is an interesting idea and would allow Syndicalism in as well.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

He's being sarcastic.

Serious question, is that stuff about the dev who made the Vicky II economy true or not? I was never clear on that.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

HoI IV was in an awkward position where they had to find a reason for the player to undertake a tremendous crime and strategic mistake like the Great Purge and punish saying "No" somehow. I feel like rather than a focus it should have been something that happens no matter what and all you can do is choose who's getting shot.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Randomly shooting generals sounds...bad, unless there's a "Stalin's Ire" bar next to them to warn you. The other two are okay because you still have some control, e.g. Ignore Himmler and lose NU or PP but keep production going smooth.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 15, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

Doesn't HoI3 have that thing where you can only enact the total war industry law if you're a dictatorship or if the combined forces of your enemy are greater than yours? Which basically means the democracies can only get their full IC potential once they join WW2.

IIRC HoI IV has that too, you need certain amounts of world tension to mobilize the economy if you're not a dictatorship.

But yeah, Nazi powerplays and the vicious Army/Navy rivalry in Japan are not present at all, which is a detriment to the game. What did the Italians have, besides being Italy?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Splode posted:

Being Italy (Not exactly ready for total industrial warfare), and being short-changed by the Germans at every possible opportunity.

Is short-changed what you call the Peace Conference mechanic allowing them to puppet the entire goddamn British Empire for loving around in Africa while I did all the actual fighting in Europe?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Which country is which?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Did they say when he's joining? Might be a real long term thing for a game that won't see the light of day until towards the end of the decade.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kainser posted:

I stopped playing civilization after I started playing Paradox games to be honest.

Agreed. Four is still the best one.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The only thing Civ III did better was the throneroom/palace.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I have heard an argument that it's meant to target key reselling, which at least makes more sense.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

East vs. West's cancellation. People were frothing mad over that piece of crap.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Gort posted:

Darkest Hour is obsolete, and I say that as someone who played a shitload of it and loved it.

Honestly, the design philosophy differences between it and IV are so different that I don't think one can obsolete the other, they're different strains of wargame.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's version 1.8 of the mod.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah, it's a holdover from when there was a HoI II version.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Woah Kaissereich for Hoi4 is out? How is it? I loved the poo poo out of the Hoi2 mod

It's in Beta, but it's been out for months. Definitely check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Blame HoI IV's sub ideologies doing absolutely nothing.