Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Don't pre-order games, please don't spend more money than you spent on the game to pre-order loving DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

You going to reform the Roman Empire?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wooper posted:

How do I get shadow Hitler as my avatar on the paradox forums? Please help.

It's the bonus avatar for owning iron cross.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Alchenar posted:

I still have no idea what you are going to do for expansions.

Go full wargame and release scenario packs.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Pharnakes posted:

WW1 in DH was decent I thought?

Nope.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
If you just want a good ww1 game with a veneer of managing your side buy commander the great war.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Are you actually adding stupid zombie crap next patch or is that optional? Because the other things look good but that dev diary was really stupid.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Nah gently caress that, I want to be in great wars from 1890 on with like 1 year cool off periods.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

His eyes aren't glowing.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

V for Vegas posted:

EU4 - 1M.

CK2 - 1.3M

Still a lot of room for growth Steam Sales coming up for both HOI4 and Stellaris, so shareholders will be happy for a while.

They both came out middle of this year, they haven't gone on the big sales that give you those numbers.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Demiurge4 posted:

I tried out Meiou and Taxes (lol) and it runs like loving garbage. Is there any way to make it run a little better?

Uninstalling it will do wonders.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Stairmaster posted:

it would be if it was good

Vicky combat is ok, the lovely part is managing/rebuilding your armies when they shatter.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Marbozir is good.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I haven't playing in a while but China taking all of Turkey and Poland taking all of Japan is a problem. It should be weighted towards areas near them or areas they contributed to.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wiz posted:

... leaving the player free to take absolutely everything that isn't close to an AI country.

The AI can and should take stuff I want, what I don't like is them taking stuff that they shouldn't want. In this game China took all of Anatolia while Greece took Istanbul and puppeted Japan. It's backwards.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Like who really cares atm since the only time I actually let a conference fire is when I want to see what weird poo poo the AI is going to do but if you guys ever plan on a postwar expansion it's going to cause weirdness.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It would be a lot of work for a feature nobody actually cares about.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Yup I quite like it, looking forward to the expansions.

e: Not as good as hoi3 but hey, nobody can be perfect.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
4 is a lot more fun than 3 minus the air system.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Just use the new england flag on the forums.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Oh my god sliders.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Groogy posted:

What the guy actually wants is just us telling what our secret projects are, which he for some reason thinks that Kickstarting it would make it come quicker.

Or he seriously think that we don't have the money to start our own projects? :smith:

Shame you guys didn't release that Cities Skylines game, you could have made a mint.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Yooper posted:

Is Europa Universalis : Rome game worth trying?

Rome 2 is the best game in the Paradox catalogue.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's censorship! Don't they realise vibeo games are art! :qqsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8TsZwUJ_s

Nobody actually plays with an unmodded hitler portrait... right?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Lum_ posted:

I thought this mod was funny until I found out Nazis unironically worship Taylor Swift as an Aryan goddess figure.

(and yeah I usually play as the Soviets because killing Nazis is fun PLUS you can still be a bloodthirsty dictatorship bent on global domination)

No that's still funny.

e:

quote:

Breitbart columnist Milo Yiannopoulos believes the memes may have originated with a Pinterest user named @poopcutie

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Exterminate the humans.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

algebra testes posted:

Whenever I play Eu4 as a colonial nation I always select "let's be friends" for my colonial policy.

Also great work whoever did the Eu4 -> Vicky 2 mod it works exceptionally well except I loaded up my save and remembered I couldn't remember how to play Vicky 2.

I pick that unless I'm playing as a native in which case I need the +10 or whatever colonists and choose the exterminate all natives policy.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Koramei posted:

Which Star Trek episode is Wiz's dating game?

The Man Trap

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Stellaris should have been a single-planet ideology/personality-driven colonization simulator

It should have been a 19th century industrialization/colonization simulator.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

So, there's horses in CK2, Bears in EU4, are there any other weird things you can do in the other games?

You can play as a race of polar bears in vicky2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Zombiepop posted:

I strongly doubt pdx or johan could do a good modern football management game, SEGA got the market locked down and for a good reason.

I would like to see them try tho.

They just need to bring in what they're good at. Let me delegate management of the team to my immortal demon horse while I'm locked in the dungeon eating my extended family.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Hoi was never good.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Ah the lost art of using the word literally. Let's see a random example:
They were so bloodthirsty that I had to wave a white flag for them to end the war [in a multiplayer LAN game].
vs
They were so bloodthirsty that I had to literally wave a white flag for them to end the war.

The first statement you could take with multiple meanings, he could've referred to jumping up and down while waving his arms and yelling stop, or telling everyone that they concede. But in the second one there is no other way to interpret the statement, the writer had to, quite literally, wave a white flag for the jerks to stop vaporizing all his manpower.

Now let's look at an example of misusing the word:
you literally have to buy a 20 euro DLC to join an alliance if you are a minor power in HoI4

Why was the word literally used here? Nevermind the accuracy of the statement because who cares, was there anything wrong with just saying 'you have to buy a blah blah to bleh bleh bleh'? What was that man trying to say? Was he showing off his low level of education by being unable to use the correct words to show emphasis? Or did he for the sake of comedy harm his own argument by making it sound ridiculous? :thunk:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Randallteal posted:

It's weird looking back that Paradox got into publishing big mods for their old games as standalone products. And then the first two (only two that made it to market? Darkest Hour and Arsenal of Democracy?) were basically trying to do the same thing.

The first fan-game was For the Glory but nobody remembers it since nobody was going to go back to play EU2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Stairmaster posted:

has anyone ever seen a tank

There's a Bradley on the lawn in front of a museum near me. That counts as a tank.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Weird BIAS posted:

Pretty loving annoyed that my gamersgate version of Victoria II is PC only and if I want to get it for Mac I'd have to pay $52 CAD on steam.

You used to be able to have GG export a steam key for you to move your purchase to steam, did they stop supporting that feature? I used it to move C2, vic2 and eu3 to steam.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
That's weird, I'd email support and see what they say before buying it again.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Is a cool, fun game.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Farecoal posted:

I want to play it but :lol: at the price

It'll be $20-30 over Christmas, get it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

walgreenslatino posted:

Every paradox game is good

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diplomacy-2005/665958p1.html