Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Mantis42 posted:

I want anime soldiers. Make your games more anime.

Yes - paradox should replace all soldier, ship and plane models with anime girls, and then replace all the anime girls with rugged 19th century Europeans because paradox games are historical and there are no women in history. (Also, when they do the models of 19th century Europeans they should remove anyone with a skin tone darker than khaki. )

:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Sorry for derailing anime chat, but are there any other really excellent grand strategy games? EU4 is just about perfect , but you can only play through the default map so many times before it starts to get annoying, and I'm looking for something new.

Or I'd settle for some kind of new starting map mods for EU4; like how CK2 has After The End and Game of Thrones for when you get bored of rampaging through Europe for the tenth time.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

vyelkin posted:

Personally I can't wait for all of the human race's engineering research to be headed up by a 21-year-old.

That's obviously in Alpha Centuarian years... oh my god, you're not one of those Earth First assholes, are you?

Randarkman posted:

I expect the limit on leaders in Stellaris will be like the limit on military leaders in EU4. You can go over the limit but it will cost you something in upkeep. Influence or whatever seems like the logical choice. Some ideas and decisions and triggered modifiers can increase the limit and so on.

Or they could go the Victoria 2 route and make you research better communications technology or faster warp engines or something to manage more?

I'm guessing an interstellar empire would have a ton of problems in trying to govern planets/colonies if it takes months or years for orders and replacements to reach them. Especially if the political system isn't exactly run by the best and brightest. (basically all the problems that the British empire had in the 1700's, but in space.)

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Koramei posted:

I'm gonna be disappointed if there isn't a way to turn important planets into supercities with all the water built over and skyscrapers stretching out into space and stuff.

Also nomadic planet-less civilizations entirely based on spaceships for DLC sometime

Eh, we're probably all going to be zoomed out on political map mode 99% of the time.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

I love the handcrafted new world system from the dev diary, but all I can think when I see this image is that a breakup of Pangaea with no south american continent and no isthmus of panama separating the Pacific and Atlantic oceans means that ocean temperatures never cooled , whale populations never declined and Megalodon and Leviathan Melvillei never went extinct.

My point being that this worlds versions of Moby Dick and Jaws are going to be amazing.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
just read the dev diary - I really like how they give so many options with less advanced civs and let you decide whether you want to play it like Mass Effect or whether you want to go full Space Hitler.

There's also a lot of fun potential there if you outlaw that stuff and your governors decide to make land grabs/make their own alien vassals.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Pimpmust posted:

e: Or like, a Homeworld style civilization on the move, Craftworld Eldar etc.

Battlestar Galactica mod, obviously! :colbert:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

vyelkin posted:

I liked the part where some Paradox forum-goers thought it was unrealistic that there could be black people in space.
:negative:

Anyway, I like the idea of a limited tech mod. Like maybe a pre-FTL playstyle where you're stuck in your starting solar system for a bit. Maybe it takes weeks or months just to send ships to the nearby planets in the system, and there's tensions between the homeworld , the inner planets and the newest colonies out past the asteroid belt ,because the homeworld needs resources and the colonies resent being unable to focus on terraforming or building up their own economies.

Yeah , I've been watching The Expanse on SyFy.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yes, there should be no vikings in the viking age.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Gantolandon posted:

One of the biggest problem with gavelkind is that it's wonky for anything larger than a single duchy. So many times one of my brothers would get my capital (despite me being older), or inherit one of two kingdoms but also a single county in mine, or the game would split my neat and organized country into some patchwork monstrosity.

A patchwork monstrosity is a pretty good description of Feudalism and the kind of borders it created.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

karmicknight posted:

I hope fascist America is led by the Business Plot conspirators.

Oh no, not another Bush presidency.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm still hoping that Paradox gets a deal with Harry Turtledove, so I can play all those books I read when I was a teen:

I actually read some of this poo poo when I was younger, because I grew up in rural Texas and we didn't get the internet until 2005ish. I still remember the one where the white supremacists go back in time to rape slaves and give the CSA assault rifles, but it's ok because Robert E. Lee becomes President and , contrary to everything he said and did in real life, was secretly anti-slavery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_the_South

:shudder:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

PleasingFungus posted:

any war that involves russia in victoria ii is so awful. warscore for occupations instantly drops to zero the moment russia joins in. they're just too big...

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Enjoy posted:

No Holocaust mods allowed on the forums

I'm guessing there's a fraction of the userbase that would agree with that because they seriously believe it never happened.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Phlegmish posted:

I think Emma Chase is the love interest. They've really captured that HOI atmosphere. Eagerly awaiting the CK2 dating sim.

Way of Life has been out for months.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Dibujante posted:

According to his Steam profile, he commands ferocious loyalty; a true leader of men:
code:
: IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA PERSON THAT KILLED U!
•......|.._______________________, ,
•....../ ..—-_____——___________|] = = = = = D
•...../==o;;;;;;;;__.: /
•.....), —-.(() /
•....// (..) ), ——”
•...//__ //
•..//__ //
•.//__ //
•WE TRUE HOMIES •WE RIDE TOGETHER •WE DIE TOGETHER •send dis GUN to every1 of ur homiez. C how many times u get this, if u get 13 your A TRUE HOMIE 4 LIFE 420

White kids scare me.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

The only thing I hate about pops in v2 is that soldiers don't go into a common pool so you can have just short of enough for a brigade in multiple areas and not be able to do anything with them

Yeah, I never understood why did it that way. It's really frustrating if you're not a major power.

I think Britain and Germany were the only nations that had battalions recruit from one specific area, and even they switched to a common pool method in WWI because they were realized they were wiping out the male population of entire towns.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Well, there's always the bronze age. That's about three thousand years of written history that no one really cares or knows about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Demiurge4 posted:

The cathars were succesfully wiped out.

Yeah, them and everyone around them who had anything worth looting, but they were in a terrible position, out there in the plains of southern France.

The Hussites, on the other hand, just sat behind their mountains and wiped out all four crusades sent against them, and made peace with the Pope, then they wiped out the Pope's surprise fifth crusade and got themselves declared a legitimate Catholic rite.