Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Larry Parrish posted:

People like that guy make me embarassed to enjoy mapgames

The Sharmat posted:

He's laughing because the idea that people actually think playing as Germany in a war oriented map game means "justifying the racial prejudices of the mass murdering mad man" is absurd.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
It's weird, it's like the guy didn't explicitly state why he was personally uncomfortable playing as Germany and was careful to say he wasn't judging anyone else!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

vyelkin posted:

I want a space game that is basically 90% ship design. Rule The Waves in space. All you do is design ships and smash them against alien ships. No politics, no colonization, no economy, no planet management. That can all happen in the background as your race expands but you are the grand admiral and it's your job to keep humanity safe against the Bug Menace by designing the biggest baddest ships that just so happen to be built by your nephew's shipyard even though your nephew doesn't know how to connect a warp drive to an engineering section or w/e.

So Gratuitous Space Battles?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I've never heard of Rule the Waves before, is it any good? It seems like a cool concept

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

PleasingFungus posted:

What is your reaction to this image?

:gizz:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Pops are cool and good and easily the best part of V2

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Another Person posted:

Viccy 3 would need a lot of transparency added to it to improve over 2. Such as...

I love the heck out of V2 but I still 100% agree with this post

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Robot Dog posted:

There's no official conversion tool. There are fan-made ones but, uh

they don't work so good

I think the converter has been updated a lot since that screenshot

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

DrSunshine posted:

anime pervs who are also Japanese nationalists.

Mods pls namechange or new thread title thanks

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Koramei posted:

And of course print encyclopedias aren't any better, but nobody was ever pretending those were authoritative.

:confused:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
wrong thread

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Asked in the EU4 but just in case anybody here knows: is there a way to de-ironman a save? All the methods I found through Google seem to have been patched out

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I haven't played Victoria II in a while (like 2 years). Is the New Nations Mod still the go to mod for good but not major changes to the game?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
:lol: if you think im playing non-electronic board games

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

corn in the bible posted:

yeah, the more complex and interesting a paradox game is, the more cpu it uses. so stellaris should be fine

Stellaris is good and fun tho

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I like Stellaris

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I also like HOI4

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Why do you guys think that Stellaris warfare is so awful

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mister Adequate posted:

Counterpoint: Stellaris is extremely cool & good.
Evidence in support of the above: I have 768 hours in Stellaris.

:yossame:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

uPen posted:

Is a cool, fun game.

I want to play it but :lol: at the price

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The game should start in 1776 and be called Washington, celebrating the cause of freedom

George Washington was a slave owner

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Johan Andersson's Free, Independent, and Strictly Neutral City of Cracow: 1815-1846

I can see this being turned into a cool game, somehow

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
From Farms to Factroys

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Jazerus posted:

i never knew i wanted SimBruges until now

It would be pretty cool to at least in a city builder have to build around a medieval city core

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Stellaris is fun and good

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

WilliamAnderson posted:

I know I did. Still haven't tried EU:Rome though, seems like a nightmare. The Europa engine games are scary.

Rome is Clauswitz engine

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Baronjutter posted:

V3 will never live up to our expectations, it's better than they never make it and keep that pure perfect idea in our heads.

lol if you get hype for any game after Spore

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
HOI4 is the first Hearts of Iron I actually have fun playing, as opposed to just watching the AI fight in Darkest Hour. I just don't have the patience to move all the individual units when I'm playing as even a moderately sized country

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
If we're dreaming, I'd like a grand strategy WW2 game where you're a general, only in charge of a certain army. Try to win the war while contending with the lovely tanks you were sent, your commander giving you impossible orders, and the other generals making awful decisions!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
ANARCHO-LIBERALS REVOLT in Spain, you won't BELIEVE what happens next!!!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I always thought it was a dinosaur

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ArchangeI posted:

Have you considered that it might have something to do with wanting someone with experience running a large company through the years of its major growth when paradox is looking to grow massively over the next few years? Especially since she was never involved in the development side of her company and focused on operations and marketing? You know, the part of PDX that Fred ran?

lmao

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Kaza42 posted:

Your Majeshty! We've improved the Gaurdhoushe!

but I'm just...a gnome...

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

canepazzo posted:

I;m thinkin about thos Pops

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Fuligin posted:

Honestly I'm tired of off-white carthage, scarlet rome, green gauls. Praise be to new colors

I get real mad when France isn’t blue, Rome isn’t red, China isn’t yellow, etc.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Autonomous Monster posted:

Also I just realised that those WWSMS loons will finally have their way- this game is going to have to have the Garamantes in it.

WWSMS?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Jesus becomes a Roman senator

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
the math cult and them killing the guy who proved irrational numbers exist is just cartoonish

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Phlegmish posted:

I loved the Victoria I soundtrack even though it was a zero effort rip of public domain classical songs from the 19th century

I’m going to share a secret with you guys: modern Paradox music puts me to sleep. I play Victoria 2 and CK2 with their predecessors’ soundtracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
let ck2 and eu4 and hoi4 and all the other paradox games be proper games. let us have this one kind-of-simulation mess that is Victoria