Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This half a haircut gag is loving awful. I hate looking at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I missed something in the last episode or the one before. Phil was so adamant that psycho guy wasn't coming back, did he hide the body and sink the boat off-screen or is he just being stupid?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

He put the body in the trash but then it disappeared and the boat disappeared as well.

OK, so he's just being stupid then

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Shawshank roleplay was the funniest thing they've done all season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm not a fan of Gail in the elevator. Little too stressful somehow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully the flash visible from outside the building mean she fired outside the elevator, but that could just be wishful thinking. They do seem to be steering everyone but Phil and Carol into dark endings. I'm sure the plane crash/murder-suicide finale when the show gets cancelled will be a laugh riot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"I'm sure the president has a vaccine"

*Funerals for 6 people down the line of succession*

Killed me. Also just going right to Pence and not having a President Trump when the virus hits.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

man, that was really good. this entire show needs to be cancelled and re-worked to be more like the pilot and this episode. Just vignettes of random survivors and how they managed to eke out a living, and its a surprise when they finally meet up, or just baaaaaarely miss each other and only the audience knows how close they were.

I bet it's expensive. When the episodes are about the group, it's one location for a whole season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Which makes me wonder why they even made the episode. They had to spend a bunch of money for all those sets and people with speaking roles. For what? Closure on that drone thing? Are they done with Kristen Wiig's character? Are we going to get another episode where she tries to find the house? Is she going to somehow show up at the tech campus? It was an interesting episode but it seems pointless.

It was really good.

Also it seems like we'll probably see Kristen Wiig again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I could have gotten behind this show being a bloodbath if it had happened sooner and they offed people quicker. Make it a little like the love boat or something, revolving door of guest stars.

I don't know about having people around for entire seasons and then killing them off; it's harder.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Taking a step back from the abyss was nice this week. Not a very funny episode, but at least not stressful. Actually now that I think about it, why am I still watching this show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
How long does it take to grow eyebrows back?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
But adding a young child always rejuvenates a stagnant show!

LadyPictureShow posted:

The show's on hiatus until the 23rd. Anybody know what's up with that? I don't think it's any playoff season or any awards shows coming up. Just general Fox scheduling fuckery?

Do they do test cancellations? Like "We'll just see if anyone notices this is gone"?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey, a good episode. And they jumped past a bunch of bullshit I was afraid was going to take absolutely forever to resolve like the kid not talking and Melissa's recovery.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat they're already to the finale? I guess Kristin Wiig isn't going to show up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Another "someone's in peril" cliffhanger would be a bummer, especially if it involves one of the pregnancies.

But I don't know what else they'd do. The show really lost its momentum when Phil died, I think. He was just there as a foil to Tandy, but he was the only character pushing toward trying to rebuild. I don't remember if he was there when all the characters were like, "gently caress it let's forget about humanity and live for today" but the show's really taken that to heart and been almost totally directionless since.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

Considering how they keep writing out the 7th cast member, I have low expectations for the show having the characters "rebuild" humanity. I try to do my best to convince myself the show isn't really about long-term arcs regarding the fate of civilization or anything like that.

I tell myself that I just watch for the occasional great episode that explores the themes of loneliness, isolation, and holding onto connections with people.

I mean, they don't have to try to rebuild. Rebuilding humanity was doing something though. Maybe they meet some Mad Max survivors and have to fight them off or something. Just, like, anything at all other than hanging around. Maybe it's nonstop road trip through the decaying ruins of America getting into misadventures along the way.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That time skip was such a lazy slap in the face, they really should have devoted at least five loving minutes to an actual resolution for Melissa and Jasper's issues.

Helllllll no. The Melissa plot was insufferable, and the kid not talking was already wearing thin. I'm glad they just pulled the ripcord on those, even if it was just being lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I agree that it was awful, but pulling the ripcord robs you of at least a one-episode b-plot that could have made the past 10+ episodes amount to something. Instead, you have 3/4 of a season with a running plotline that goes nowhere and gets conveniently hand-waved in time for the finale. It makes the whole season worse, because what the gently caress was the point of that plotline in the first place?

Yeah, I just don't think they could unwind it. They got to such a serious place that they couldn't just go like "OK she got better in like two weeks of being medicated" so it would have hung around into next season.

They coulda got the kid talking in an episode but god it would have been a whole episode of Tandy singing him stupid songs or Carol making scrapbooks of famous speakers.

• Locked thread