Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just took 3 days off from work hope it was a good decision

Lol jk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

Nope, I'm subbed to FFXIV though!

shameful

subscribing to an mmo

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Too everyone not being able to play Wildstar or log in smoothly.

what did you expect idiots

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blablablabla posted:

Why even touch the game other to bitch about its hilarious incompetence?

Making fun of it is one thing, and is fine. But complaining and expecting Carbine to have a remotely finished product with a working launch is idiotic.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KaneTW posted:

I posted that I like Elin some time ago, someone dug a bunch of those posts out recently and posted them in various threads, goons were goons. Look in the previous Wildstar thread if you care.

you sicken me

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John Dyne posted:

Is there some way to add friends by account name rather than per character? I didn't think they had a system for it, even though even loving Cryptic does.

You realize you're playing Wilds target right?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

"John Dyne" posted:

though it is ridiculous that it doesn't; it's a pretty standard thing these days, it seems.

Welcome to the abyss cupcake

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Never hopefully. There's far more important things to worry about fixing. I know someone who works at Carbine and they are never going to be told about this. This also takes too much organization to get working too. Two sides need to queue up at the same time and ideally both need to be full of people who are all in on this.

My uncle works at Nintendo too

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Well, he is right isn't he?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lant posted:

To be fair as much poo poo as we give this game it's just below average now instead of a flying hell turd like it used to be.

You're being more than fair, you are being very very retarded.

Wildstar is steaming trash heap with a downsie pig rolling on it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I have to say, the amount of trolling this game provides, through PVP and zone chat is amazing. I'm glad I chose anita sarkesian and zoe quinn to name my characters. Any other suggestions to keep the trolling going?

Wildstar IsBAd

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Are you going to actually post anything to this thread aside from reminding people this game is poo poo? Some of us are trying to entertain ourselves by getting 12 year olds angry on the internet.

No, because the game is poo poo. And you all are poo poo for playing it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DisposableHero posted:

It's not like there's anything actually useful or entertaining going on in this thread anyway. It's pretty much a new xbone sharktank thread but about a single game.

We can laugh at the broken brain goons that continue to play this "game."

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mayor McCheese posted:

No debate here. WS is a burning pile of garbage, but gently caress me, FF14 1.0 was something to behold.

Behold, a giant turd.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Because pedophiles are creepy weirdos that like kid poo poo so they can talk about said kid poo poo with kids.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wildstar is an OK game, and I enjoy it's mechanics than I do WoW. It sure as hell isn't the second coming however and the company that makes it is ultimately going to be it's downfall.

But it's still objectively better than most of the early MMO's I played and worshiped (Think UO/AC), and I'd say it's about on par with all other contemporary MMO's in quality that aren't WoW/FF14.

Free to play seems fairly popular and I'd be interested to see how things shake out. I honestly hope they succeed provided they are clever enough to modify their way of doing things (Which seems to be happening, albeit at a glacial pace). I'm not invested in this company failing like some goons are. I hope star citizen works out too, though I'm far from crazy enough to throw money at people who don't even have a base functional game available.

Also Cyster: I'm the goon that IM'd your wildstarguy a few days ago saying "Goons don't play this game." :v:

Lol you also like the new Battlefront. Not a surprise you also enjoy Wildstar hahaha haha

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don't even like it, this is what's weird. There is another Rhymenoserous that posts here though.

I was going off the avatar. Don't know if it is a common thing or not. But liking bad things is always good to make fun of.

Like making fun of people that are fans of the Jags or Vikings.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John Dyne posted:

I had to suffer through my taxi rides. Luckily if I pull out my headset all other sound except Wildstar goes to my speakers so I can just not have it play.

You can fast travel now but it's loving expensive compared to the taxis. How do you make them instant beyond fast traveling from the world map?

Bullet in gun, gun in mouth, bullet in brain. That's how.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What a surprise, the loser dorks who currently play Wildstar are also the same loser dorks that RP in MMOs for years.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
p funny that dumb goons playing this poo poo game post in the thread making fun of poo poo game.

Like why not make a new thread, or better yet quit playing WildFart

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John Dyne posted:

yeah one dude making sick burns like 'DUMB GOONS' and 'LOSER DORKS' makes a thread the thread for making fun of a game

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Wildstar will be shutdown within a year [IGN] [NEWS] [56k no way!]

The entire point of the thread is making fun of wildstar lol you loving dummy

The OP has zero content about the game, and its last 20+ pages is mocking the game loving lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John Dyne posted:

Oh a thread title making fun of the game in question, I wonder if anyone else does that, hm

Star Wars: TOR - Knights of the Fallen Empire. An MMO you can play alone!
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Unlimited Grinding Simulator
APB: Reloaded - The highs are very high and the lows are very frequent

Past 7+ pages have been people discussing the game, it kinda stopped being a 'lol wildstar' circlejerk near the end of the last thread

I mean go ahead and make fun of it if you can be funny but at least bring your A game rather than no-effort 'LOL NERDS'

lol what a poo poo nerd playing a poo poo game

Wildstar is bad and always will be bad, if you can't accept that then lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Unlike those game threads, Wildstar thread was started to make fun of it. Atleast those threads have an OP with content promoting the game lol

This retarded babby goon too thick to realize this. Maybe that is why he continues to play wildsuck, because he is retarded.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean I guess I could make a legit thread but I'm pretty sure it would be poo poo up.

Probably, I'm just loling that you nerds keep posting in the mock thread and get butthurt that I and other goons mock your poo poo game lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anoia posted:

What would an effort post op even look like? I mean what stats and builds are even recommended now that they decided 32 new flavors of secondary stat was a good idea

How does this game even work

Rhymenoserous posted:

They simplified secondary stats, the only two that kinda stand out as different from other MMO's are intensity and Vigor

But basically if you are a crit class you build like this:

Strikethrough (To hit) to whatever content you are doing.
Crit to 20% (Soft cap before DR).
Crit Severity
Vigor
All else

For healing it's all focus pool/focus regen/multihit because if someone is taking big enough hits that small flash heals won't get them topped up over a 30 second period they are doing something super wrong anyways and are doomed to die.

Unlike a lot of MMO's most damage to non tank classes is mostly avoidable to the point where I've had a healer dumb himself into a wall of fire and still managed to kill a boss from 75% health all the way to dead. There are only a couple of DPS races in the game that I've seen (Or fights where loads of good dps simplify things) and really it benefits you more to put out steady ok'ish dps while paying attention to mechanics rather than be some dps superstar who fucks up a lot and causes the healer to panic heal/break out nasty focus intensive skills that he'd rather not use.

loving lol only autists play this game hahahaha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cyster if you follow this thread at all, find someone and gently make the suggestion that amps and ability tier points should be purchasable via glory.

Right now the most time efficient way to get them us to grind pvp. The elder gem cap makes PVE unviable.

EDIT: really anything to alleviate the 50 grinds, specifically runeslots/ability tier and amps. Runes isn't completely horrible, but ability tier/amps is just obnoxious when leveling an alt.

game too tough for you cupcake

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cupachabra posted:

I just played this game for the first time and it is not that terrible a game for free, you all must have spent some money on this to feel so bad?

Objectively, the game is terrible. You can stomach through it but once you hit level cap, like all MMOs, there is lovely end game content.

The slog to level cap isn't fun either. Its repetitive bullshit you find in WoW or hundreds of other mmos like it.

I, like probably a million other idiots, rather waste our time or money playing a new poo poo mmo hoping it has staying power and isn't total poo poo than waste our time on an already dead game that proved to be poo poo.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Chairman posted:

Franbunny is a woman, yes

tranny?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

Zero buzz or buildup. I know they're a probably a skeleton crew with no budget but surely they could've done a press release and some interviews?

no one wanted to do an interview with the devs

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parker Lewis posted:

Just installed via Steam, where do I go to get into the goon guild?

you don't

uninstall imo

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wildstar is a super hero mmo now?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's a car analogy the

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sure it is bad, but the question still remains. Is it badder than WildStar

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

True

Do you want to eat horse poop or cow poop?

You are phrasing that question like mmo addicts have a choice, they must eat the poo.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wildstar is used by ISIS as a torture technique

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wild Star is proof that abortions are bad.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

super sweet best pal posted:

It was more a miscarriage.

That implies that Wild Star could have lived, which is wrong. It never had a chance. Even at inception.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Raiding's been pretty accessible since F2P. The first raid was puggable to a degree (You needed at least half the raid to be familiar with it) and I managed to drag my guild through most of it with about six people who were competent and 14 who were just damage sponges/dps fodder/at least three of them are going to explode on the next dodge or die mechanic.

Like one out of three of my full time healers was a complete idiot, one out of two of my full time tanks was completely retarded, and about half of my DPS depending on who showed up that night were the folks I specifically ignored when tasking people out to do certain mechanics (i.e. they'd die if tasked to do anything more than dodge poo poo/do rotation). The only reason we quit playing and stopped raiding is because the bipolar guildmasters wife/competent main tank went off her meds (Literally) and started causing drama with every other girl in the guild because she was no longer the prettiest in her mind (Or something). Thanks to her I lost a husband and wife team (Subtract one smart dps and one smart healer), and my other smart healer.

If I was the guildmaster I would have just kicked the bipolar tank and started looking for another tank, but alas I was just the raid leader and she was kinda married to the guild leader EDIT: And eventually we lost her when I told her off. By this point everyone kinda equated playing the game with a bipolar crazy chick and we all went to do other things (Some of them together!)

MMO's really attract some loving broken people though.

:ironicat:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

I was skeptical about Star Citizen's ability to fund itself indefinitely at first, but even now five years later if you dare to besmirch Chris Roberts and/or SC on a large public web site like Reddit you will be absolutely bombarded by comments from angry people telling you how wrong you are and how SC will be the second coming of Christ in video game form. It is absolutely batty and their fervor seems to only increase with time. That poo poo is not going to release until Christ Roberts has bought himself a third mansion, and maybe not even then.

Sunk Cost is one hell of a fallacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Christopher posted:

There hasn't been much actual chat about this game in the forums recently. Are goons playing this? Do we have a guild? Is it worth trying? I played this at launch and enjoyed it a lot but ended up being pulled into another game and heard a bunch of drama and sort of watched it fail through different news outlets. I've recently seen quite a few youtube videos with lots of views and positive ratings saying that the game is much better/more healthy now. Thoughts?

Link videos I want to read these alleged comments.

• Locked thread