Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
ARCHEAGE PEDOPHILIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

You motherfuckers can't seriously be playing this piss-tentacle of a game. Have some decency you abominable rear end-warlocks

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I'm sure organizing win trading isn't hard bc the group doing it is the only group actually still playing pvp

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I still cannot believe that there are people still playing this game. Like, don't you have ANY self respect left? Isn't there an entire e world out there to learn and love? Don't spend your limited years playing wild star.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lant posted:

To be fair as much poo poo as we give this game it's just below average now instead of a flying hell turd like it used to be.

It deserves every bit of scorn we give it. It's a piece of poo poo.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Minorkos, big money mmos are incredibly fine tuned psychological manipulation devices that have been tested, targeted and retested by substantial teams of PhDs and marketers. The reason mmos look and play alike is because the formula has been solved. Companies know exactly the right combination of risk/reward and effort to maximize their profits. This is also the reason the iOS store is a quagmire of manipulative toilet trash. The only thing that determines the success of an mmo is execution on the formula and marketing.

MMOs are loving dead, dude

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

You guys can keep talking about how engaged you are by the content of wild star and I'll keep insulting your intelligence, heritage and morality. There's room for everyone on this big beautiful trash thread of ours.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I can't tell if it reads more like someone with autism, someone under the age of 13, or both. I expect the next post from the person to say they cosplay their wildstar character or that they believe wildstar is real life

Nah the next post is "WHY IS THISCOMMUNITY SO poo poo, I thought we all cared about each other but I guess I was wrong!!"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

They added a boss in the box raid (Think argent colloseum or whatever for WoW).

Two new five man dungeons and two new level 50 adventures.

EDIT: It's been a while sooo:

UPDATE from a goon who plays this bad game:

Guild is now on the 2nd floor of GA, and have killed something like 6 minibosses (A boss by any other name) and 3 main bosses in the first raid. We killed the first boss (X-89) in the first week by a stupid slim margin. We spent a fair bit of time on the 2nd boss because it required 8 people be hpyer co-ordinated in phase 2, and asking folks to do poo poo like "Don't die during phase one" and "Stand where the loving addon tells you to stand" in phase 2 was remarkably difficult for people who can't read. I eventually cracked the code by telling each individual player exactly where they needed to stand, rather than just allowing them to think. We were on this boss for 3 weeks, but that has more to do with "Holiday schedules" and us often raiding a 20 man with just 15 dudes because people were traveling et al. This moved us on to the 2nd floor where we immediately knocked down all of the available minibosses before tackling our first 2nd floor boss "Phage Maw". We killed him on our 2nd night of attempts through the strategy of "gently caress it, DPS is going super fast, lets throw another alt healer at it". We also killed him in a single rotation of his phases which is drat near unheard of on a guilds early attempts.

In something like 3 weeks of raiding we're getting so much BOE poo poo from trash that we're starting to guild bank it for future level 50's/alts. They throw a lot of gear at you in raids.

All in all the raiding game is fun, and I think Wildstars biggest mistake was to hide it behind that stupid attunement, and frankly they fixed it far too late and this game will be dead in two years if Redmoon doesn't breath some life in (It probably won't). Ultimately they could turn this around to make it the best MMO on the market but still fail because of the sheer level of lost credibility in the eyes of the Market.

whats it like being super duper delusional?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I'm just teasin. I'm glad you're having fun with a weird trash game.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Cyster posted:

I'm still here. Being sensible about things, of course; a game dev's life in this business is understanding that you probably shouldn't purchase a home or have nice furniture, lest you have to shift your life to another state in a week.

There haven't been any unreported layoffs or anything. We're still working on new things, fixing bugs, etc.

You're still the best thing about wild star Cyster. Keep fighting and call in some favors around the industry when it implodes.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

No, there's definitely catering to the hardcore crowd. The casual players haven't gotten anything much different from MoP. In WoD:

* Tier sets no longer drop in LFR, only Normal+, and for some classes are 50% or more of their DPS. A normal raider will do a MASSIVE amount more damage than an LFR player, even in equal item level gear.

* lovely, +stat-only trinkets only drop in LFR. The real trinkets are Normal+ only.

* Exclusive mounts for Heroic+ raiders.

* Exclusive item level boosts for Heroic+ raider's Legendary items. (This was changed now, but they still tried.)

* Exclusive shoulder armor models for Mythic tier sets.

Blizzard really wants people to be doing Normal+, and definitely Heroic.

At some point, blizz realized that the only people still gonna play are raiding in some fashion. The real casual people don't give much of a gently caress about the stuff raiders get.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Chairman posted:

Square-Enix is looking for a new North American community team lead...

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Turns out this is just some investment firms forecasts. The actual quarterly numbers don't come out till next month. Or so it's being reported. Probably just nerd delusion.

I'm gonna guess that investment firms have at least ballpark numbers for this kind of thing.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Anoia posted:

This. This right here.

A game that charges you an increasing amount of in-game currency for every glamour and dye you apply is really loving missing the point.

It's not that it's missing the point, it's that it's trying to survive its own personal apocalypse.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Cyster posted:

Actually they did a metric ton of new art assets for the zone, specific ice shaders, etc. As for why specifically another snow zone, I couldn't tell ya, to be honest.

Uh, this one has Osun in it?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Chairman posted:

Timetravel no longer works at Carbine. The healing can begin.

Crawling in my skin

These wounds they will not heal

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

CoffeeBooze posted:

Theyve made some improvements but it was too little too late.

curse your poor attention span!!!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Project Gorgon looks hilarious

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Is star citizen an MMO?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

EQ2 was always super bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

It will completely bug out and you will have to reset your character when it does.

• Locked thread