Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure it's less a mega server and more some kind of server chimera where they just cobbled a buncha together and figured it'll work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I legitimately wanted to play this game again in the hopes that it had gotten better. A friend reminded me of interrupt armor, and now I don't want to play anymore. Then they mentioned Whitevale and I'm just sitting here wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I am just amazed that they didn't even think to rent a server or something in the event people gave a poo poo about this relaunch.

"Hey guys lets have this event for our relaunch!"
"Should we maybe have hardware on standby just incase we've underestimated things? Ya' know, like how FFXIV underestimated interest?"
"NOPE, WE'RE CARBINE!"

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I uninstalled see you all next trainwreck

It's less a single trainwreck and more a train that has a car fly violently off the rails every time a rock is on the track.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wait, so was their population really so low that they just consolidated all of the population down to one server of each type and called it a megaserver? Holy poo poo, if so that is so, so loving bad.

Like I posted in the last thread, they started to believe the delusions of their fans at some point.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Reason posted:

Whats worse about it?

Whitevale.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

West Ham Sandwich posted:

It was just the last ring of AMP abilities, and most of them were buyable from rep vendors that, provided you quested to level, you'd already have the rep for. Some of them (in particular a spellslinger one) were pretty rare drops and as such cost a billion plat.

Trigger fingers I think it was. I don't remember exactly what it does but at the time it was basically required for raiding I think. It was absurdly rare, to the point a lot of people were convinced it was bugged to not even drop at all.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Schubalts posted:

Drinking game or suicide attempt?

Not hardcore enough, cupcake? :smuggo:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Any word on if tank warriors are still just plain worse than the other tanks? Because I honestly almost liked it but spamming one attack forever gets old.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Minrad posted:

they added login and logout screens that tell you to come back

rip wildstar

Please tell me there are screenshots of this. :stare:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Roadie posted:

I gave the Steam version a try. My reaction was basically "it seems okay, I guess, but I like Neverwinter's combat system more".

Neverwinter is not a high bar.

It gets worse. Interrupt armor and everything just bein' a big ol' damage sponge with all kinds of red-zone attacks.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Lmfao! There is only one server left! OK

It's totally a mega server and not just like three servers plugged into each other they swear.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I'll say it: Wildstar is currently better than Rift.

Settin' the bar kinda low there.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Xolve posted:

Trion was fantastic when RIFT came out, but then they released a slew of other games and consistently cannibalized the team that worked on RIFT until all they had left were 3 interns and 2 extremely jaded community shitlords that were picked up from other projects still fresh in their graves.

I remember when Storm Legion dropped, I had set up a six month sub but due to work issues was only able to play for about half of that. I contacted their support and was able to get an extra two months added to my subscription. Trion used to be great.

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

From what I've heard, they just straight started putting raid gear in the store for real money.

When they first added raid gear to the cash shop it was something like $500+ for a full set of current tier, iirc.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I like how EQ2 let your character learn other languages. I didn't like how I had to grind 1,000 of whatever race(s) spoke that language, hoping for a set of drops, to do it.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Didn't occur to me that this was doing double duty as a general discussion thread. Been fun going through the last few pages, between the Wildstar-making GBS threads and other discussions.

I'm burnt out on FFXIV right now but I'm broken brained enough to want something else to do, and I've been looking at TESO and Tree of Savior. God save me. :(

Elder Scrolls Online is actually a pretty alright game now.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Harrow posted:

The new expansion is going to have mounts and more elite specs (which is good--expanding the options available to the existing classes instead of increasing the level cap is something I do like about the way GW2 does expansions), but beyond that we don't really know much. If they ever started bringing in decent five-player content again I might want to give the game another look, but as it stands, ArenaNet just isn't interested in the kind of things I'm interested in as a player.

Few days late, but are they doing anything to address stats? Last I played, it was all damage stats all the time unless you were one of two very specific builds that used a taunt. Then it was health/toughness to a point and then damage status. I enjoy GW2 but the fact that ANet hasn't thought of "Oh if you're this spec then toughness default adds to your damage" or something similar is kind of odd to me. Granted I haven't played in over a year now so maybe they've gotten better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Interrupt armor in dungeon finder content.

• Locked thread