Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Part of me wants to yell at you to fix your loving image, but it's so perfectly awful that it fits the relaunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Anoia posted:

Games > The MMO HMO > Wildstar : sad and malnourished.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Cyster posted:

Hah. Yeah, I've had some goons messaging me when I'm on my official character. It's good to see you guys in there when you pop up.

We've had some bumps with Shade's Eve and the Hoverboard event, but both seem to be pretty popular and positive, which is good news. Hopefully we can keep making more events like 'em moving forward.

I wouldn't mind playing more but I prefer using the mouselook beta option. Unfortunately doing that for some reason prevents me from interacting with anything and none of the control mods have been updated yet. It's free at least, so I can just wait until it's resolved.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Monomythian posted:

I'm being super dumb and wrong a lot today, I think this is the right one. (399 days)

http://how-long-is-this-patch.tumblr.com/post/99973095078/today-marks-399-days-of-seige-of-orgrimmar

I should never post.

No, keep posting. You corrected yourself and admitted your mistakes. You are cool and good.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Anoia posted:

Secret World stops being interesting as soon as you get off Solomon Island into combat.

The world design is nice but the combat is so tedious that I tried multiple builds to make it more interesting but they're all just different flavors of boring to me. There is also the fact that it has that old MMO problem of fewer people are currently playing this game than originally planned for so there's a shitload of trash mobs everywhere. Secret World and SWTOR would both be better as single player games removed from all the MMO trappings.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Morglon posted:

They did a combat and mob density overhaul fairly recently so it's much better. Combat is still not really good but now that they've actually unified currencies it's so much easier to get good gear and you could be decked out in basic purps by the time you finish Solomon Island if you really wanted to...

I actually tried the game again after they did the overhaul and honestly, it felt the same to me.

quote:

Edit: It's a complete non issue to change your build though at any point in the game.

This is partially true, but it still is an annoyance since you can either scrap through missions as best you can with what you have (:argh: akab assholes) or grind out old quests until you can grab enough abilities to try out someone else's build. Still doesn't help that all that does is make the combat go by easier, not make it enjoyable for its own sake.

I play a lot of Destiny (I know) and it is the only mmo-ish game's combat I genuinely enjoy for its own sake. Unfortunately, it also has a habit of repeating the mistakes of other games, especially sunsetting old content.

In any event, I'll definitely agree that people should get Secret World on sale and play until you reach your limit, continue ignoring wildstar, and for god's sake do not play destiny by yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Cyster posted:

Yep. Haven't seen much point in changing it, really!

:drat:

You're a cool person. I hope circumstances turn in your favor.

• Locked thread