Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mloc0jh6kV4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
gently caress you

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

itt we post sick winamp skins

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

gently caress you

Is this u

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I updated to Windows 10 after a couple weeks of catching up on updates and I like it a lot.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I have linux. I just use it because it's fun.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I was going to build a desktop but I overspent on it and got unexpected bills in the mail so I'm returning it all. Except the processor that was unrefundable.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
ISIS uses linux.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Sorry OP, no.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I have it installed on my laptop and it has been working for me. Thanks for asking, op.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

I was going to build a desktop but I overspent on it and got unexpected bills in the mail so I'm returning it all. Except the processor that was unrefundable.

whatchu got fam? I'm going to need to upgrade my sick rig for fedora 23

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

whatchu got fam? I'm going to need to upgrade my sick rig for fedora 23

Nothing that would impress the middle-class earners in the forums. i5 quad processor, high end graphics card, 8 gigs of ram, itx case. Simple needs for a simple man but I owe money to the federal govt and I need a savings acct.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When you think about it, a fancy graphics card is a lot like a bank account because you can mine bitcoin derivatives with it.

Really, buying a $1k graphics card is the most responsible thing you can do with your money.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Rahu posted:

When you think about it, a fancy graphics card is a lot like a bank account because you can mine bitcoin derivatives with it.

Really, buying a $1k graphics card is the most responsible thing you can do with your money.

isnt the block chain difficulty astronomically high right now? id imagine the capital-havers have implemented clustered GPUs to grab the majority of yet another currency and keep the middle class poor

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
when something is as hosed upas linux is like the far more capable and efficient workstation OS than windows server then you know somethings wrong with the world. step up, google

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I carry copies of Ubuntu everywhere I go and give it out to new people I meet. Great way to make new friends and meet women. :)

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I side with Richard Stallman. Linus Torvalds is a sellout bitch.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pawn 17 posted:

I carry copies of Ubuntu everywhere I go and give it out to new people I meet. Great way to make new friends and meet women. :)

This is cool if you don't mind having friends that hate you.

You should give out a real distro like debian or rhel.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Have you ever been banging hb 9+ and have her start singing Richard Stallman's hacker anthem as you pump away? I have. It was a GNU experience for me.

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

BigBoss posted:

Have you ever been banging hb 9+ and have her start singing Richard Stallman's hacker anthem as you pump away? I have. It was a GNU experience for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-gN1zoI28

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
It's impossible for it ot be the year of Linux on the desktop because its always the following year.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Three words: U Bun Tu

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

when something is as hosed upas linux is like the far more capable and efficient workstation OS than windows server then you know somethings wrong with the world. step up, google

duh, Windows Server isn't a workstation OS dumbass

That is where the best desktop OS ever (WIndows 10) comes in.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I keep mycafee anrivirus on a reiserfs formatted disk

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Theres this guy who works the cash register of this lunch place i go for like 15 years running and without fail he is always wearing those black thinkgeek tshirts with linuxy slogans on them. He is slightly overweight and pasty.

So ive always figured that is your station in life if you are a linux enthusiast

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
penguins are cool every year friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Lol just lol at your bitch OS

• Locked thread