Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

DC when I knock you out your heart and soul will leave you and you will be bad forevermore. Kinda like #HALO5

I think this is the first time a twitter beef had corporate sponsors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CommonShore posted:

If the UFC has been forcing fighters to change divisions for promotional reasons - Lineker, Gastelum - they should also start forcing fighters to change divisions for health (ethical) reasons.

Hendricks to 185. Everyone will be happier. For even though I don't like him, I don't want to hear that Johny Hendricks dies in an attempt to make weight.

nah the UFC will just ban all coaching staff that aren't approved by UFC. Because that's the route they're going: All UFC everything.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

niethan posted:

well hes not in jail

Terry Funk would be proud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

vainman posted:

Why would the UFC care at all that some gambling website screwed up?

considering fantasy sports are unregulated, and thus unprotected, litigation might kill their sponsor? or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Great prelims, terrible PPV, great main event.

Prelims had like 3 wobbly legged fighters complaining they weren't knocked out.
PPV itself was a dumpster fire all the way to the main event.
DC and Gus then proceeded to beat the poo poo out of each other for my entertainment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EmmyOk posted:

Really disappointed Gus didn't win but I thought he acquitted himself very well. Considering this wasn't a murder in front of all his countrymen hopefully he won't talk about retiring and will be eager to get back. He's only 28 so super excited for the rest of his career, amazing how good his wrestling is.

Dude ran a mile in 25 minutes. I don't really call that acquitting himself well but it was a fun fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Diaz got a 5 year suspension for pissing off the commission and lying to them twice. Not because NSAC hates weed.

Still a completely bullshit and arbitrary suspension. Esp with the fact that the commission refuses to explore the possibility that their drug test failed.

E: I tried to come with some cher lyrics to help run this poo poo into the ground but I got distracted thinking about the tattoos on her butt. Lady has an rear end an MMA fan can appreciate.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe Cher and Nick are besties.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I look forward to Ryan Bader tepidly jabbing Rumble to a split decision win.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

I really, really don't want any drama involved with my favorite Nor-Cal bros

maybe they should start winning fights that matter?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

vainman posted:

In no way does WMMA have a few decent fighters

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nierbo posted:

Whos after holm btw?

CM Punk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

iirc Elevation Training is heavily sponsored by MusclePharm

isn't Elevation where MusclePharm does all their field trials for products? I vaguely remember something about that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

ronda seems like the kind of universally liked fighter unless that sandy hook comment digs itself deep inside you skull, otherwise she's loving great in just about every way.

between Sandy Hook and the Fallon Fox comments its a pretty easy fruit for the "yell at famous people" wing of Social Justice to pick on.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna be at the meeting where someone has to explain to Obama who Nick Diaz is. Bonus points if they show the post NSAC interview

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dangersim posted:

Barboza is chinny but ever since he started training in jersey with Mark Henry he has stopped getting punched real hard in the face and hadn't been knocked out or wobbled really

Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Le Saboteur posted:

When you spend all day taking punches from the strongest man in the world you end up having an iron chin.

I have this image of Mark Henry's MMA training consisting of lifting heavy and mean mugging

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

I wonder what else Ronda's mom thinks about any other topic because this one about her daughter's coach is riveting

I believe she's still single, so your rapier wit might get you somewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Trast posted:

At this point I'm convinced the UFC division of Reebok is just someone's mom with an old copy of Printshop.

its gotta be a dumping ground for interns. "This bitch won't fetch coffee, go send her to the UFC division"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

That shirt is amazing. Like if they did a Canada one and there was a blank space where Quebec should be.

or China's including Taiwan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

the amount of fake outrage MMA fans have is incredible.

yeah because no one's blown up a car or a subway over such a thing. ever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wtf drinks malt liquor from cans(aside from children)?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I always pick Tibau in the UFC game because he's pretty well rounded, if a bit chinny. I have no idea if that translates into reality tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Northjayhawk posted:

Silva's re-hearing sounds like it will be rescheduled. The lawyer from the Nevada AG's office came up with new documents and didn't give Silva's lawyers some kind of required 10 day notice before the meeting.

like what? new pics of Wanderlei snorting powdered horse semen?

• Locked thread